Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 72 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi FreakyDeaky, sorry to hear about the infections. Hopefully that will resolve itself very soon. Can you believe its been 3 weeks already? We are doing great! This website has really helped in so many ways with my recovery. How wonderful that you had your DH on vacation this entire time! What a blessing

Happy 3 weeks to all of the July 9th sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 06:59 AM

Relief---that is so interesting about the salt intake? I'm interested in seeing what answers you get from this question. are you on hrt ?
Unread 07-30-2007, 07:02 AM

Zaf---I'm sure the tumor report was scary, but thank God no more cancer ! You must feel so relieved. I'm very happy for you. Be sure to take it easy with that pain you are having. just rest, rest, rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Hi, crossroads/zafirah

Zafirah: congrats on not needing more treatment. I am happy your cancer was 'self contained'.........

Crossroads..............this is a big thread, so even though I don't know you I send my sympathies for feeling left out sometimes. At times the emails come fast and furious and we who had our surgery July 9th started a chat elsewhere (feel free to join in) because we were such a prolific bunch of emailers.

I know I still have stitches in there (doc told me when he checked me out last Wed.) and so even though my bleeding stopped after about week one, I'm always wearing a pad and checking for more. And I am soooooooo crampy. I never used to have cramps, even premenopausal..... so I hate this. I am scared I'll never stop cramping. I don't do meds for it because I figure if I feel it I know it's still 'not normal.' Today I might walk less. I just did 2 miles and I did them SLOWLY. Yesterday I did 3 miles in one hour. Today I did 2 miles in just under an hour. So I slowed it down. Owie. I have these fears the surgery did 'more damage' than good, but I need to push those negative thoughts away.

Hoping a good Monday to you all. I keep reliving my experience 3 weeks ago. Right about now I was in the preop 'tank' and they were arguing about how tall I really am and explaining the procedure and the anesthesiologist was unsympathetic about my fears and he was just about to put me 'out'................I look forward to the day of 'no more memories' about that. to you all. E.
Unread 07-30-2007, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Relief---that is so interesting about the salt intake? I'm interested in seeing what answers you get from this question. are you on hrt ?
No, I still have one ovary - not sure if it is working yet. I am at that lovely age (43) where, prior to my surgery, menopause may still have been years away but got to experience the occasional hot flash and/or night sweat. It just seemed so excessive.
Unread 07-30-2007, 07:57 AM

Ah Jennice we are all still us.We are who we are from the heart and not from what we have had taken out of us. I'm 46 now turned that july 8th the day before the surgery, this was my birthday present to me. I'm just very excited i don't have to worry about getting pregnant now. Since i have twins girls who are 21 and a son that is 26. Definately no more babies for me, i would die. ha ha. So i am sure when the time comes for my dh and me to do the dirty deed. It will be better than it was before since no more to worry about. Thats how i think of it.
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:01 AM

Crossroads,

My church family has been great too bringing over meals. I only missed the Sunday when I came home from the hospital. It is nice in the summer because our church has an outdoor chapel, we are right off the Metroparks, and we can dress casual. It was the first time I wore capris to church, it was about the only thing I could fit into.
Let me know about your bleeding. I haven't had any bleeding at all, only some pink in the hospital the first few days, but when I got home that was done.
Because I feel so good, I'm afraid I'm doing too much at home. I feel guilty not going to work since I am doing housework at home. I have an office job. I'm trying to find out if anyone out there is a secretary, and how long they took off from work. I had my surgery on July 13 - Adm. Hyst. with cervix out (got to keep my ovaries)
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:08 AM

elefante 64:

I've been having weird dreams too. But I always do anyways, but I just seem to have more since the surgery. The first few nights I didn't because I was still on the pain meds and slept like a baby. Last night I was up with a stomach ache and I was worried about that because I think I lifted a little too much yesterday. I went grocery shopping but only bought what I thought was under 10 lbs. I'm not sure how long I have to listen to this under 10 lbs rule. I don't go to the doctor until next week. I'm assuming since I didn't get a call, the path must be o.k. The doctor didn't seem concerned at all, he said everything looked good. I have had problems in the past with my cervix, some abnormal paps, so I am glad to have that cervix out of me so I don't have to worry about that.
Another reason for my dreams is because I am still on a low dose of Paxil for anxiety. My gyno said that paxil does do that (I asked my Internist and she said she had never heard of that - the dreams), he mentioned I could try something else, but Paxil has worked for me for 5 years and I don't want to change because I have felt so good ever since I went on it.
I don't mind the dreams because I feel good during the day. But the only problem is my dreams are about things that happen during the day, so sometimes I can't remember if what I dreamed really happned or not.
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Hi, Debbiefej: re: going back to work, my neighbor had a TVH and bladder sling June 8 and she went back to work after four weeks. She had a really good recovery, though. No pain at all. I was amazed.

I get stomach aches and owie cramps a lot, too. Be careful at the grocery store. The deal is, you think you are only lifting 10 pounds but what about the bagging? And the carrying to the house? That's where it's hard. Plus one can't push a cart w/40 pounds of stuff in it. The grocery store is still a huge challenge for me. Took 2 teens w/me Saturday to try and do some more stocking up on fresh items like fruits/veggies, etc.

Don't feel guilty about resting up. Write down the qns for the doc's visit next week. Yes, hopefully your path report is good. I only went back 2 weeks post op bec. my doc was concerned there was a chance of cervical cancer. My neighbor didn't go back 2 weeks... she waited until about 4 weeks post op. And all docs are different. She has had 2 visits since June 8 and never an internal exam at all. I've already had one internal look-see.

If Paxil has worked 5 years, don't go changing it now!

Take care. Have a healthy Monday. I've only done 4 laps so far. I might go for another 2 in a little while. My body was too crampy. Maybe it's the 10 min. I tried out in the swimming pool. It felt sooooooooo good and doctor okay'd 10 min. per day but then I get more cramping so I guess I need to 'cut it out' and rest. It's hard to sit still.

Over and out. E.
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:05 AM

Congrats Zafirah I know how scary that can be. My husband was shaking after he heard the benign news (he was more worried than I). They did all of my path reports before I left the hospital because my Dr. was so convinced it was cancer.

Reliefisdue: I totally understand about the hot flashes I was up until around 3am also! It's funny how one minute you can be so warm and the next freezing cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafirah12
Last Friday i made a trip to the doctor... in the next city, 45 min away.... first trip since i got home on the15th.

the roads here in saskatchewan arent very good... kinda bumpy... so after a day of travel, and walking in superstore (grocery) to get my prescription, i was done. spent that evening, and saturday on my back, cause the pain was so bad in my side.

anyways... the doctor took off the bandage, and said to leave it off... the waterproof bandage tape was causing me blisters... she said like allergic... so, ya fun.

she said that pathology report came back.

there was a 4 centimetre tumor of cancer in myuterus, and the surrounding tissue was precancerous. there was adenomyosis in the walls of the uterus, so thankfully it wasnt the cancer invading the walls.
the ovaries and tubes were fine. as were the lymph nodes she tested...

overall, no cancer has spread, ... i am cancer free! no treatments needed!

now i just have to heal up... just have a bad pain in my left side that flares up, feels like stabbing, .ripping burning pain in one spot... nice... NOT.

thats it for now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register