Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 86 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

LaRae0713,
I'm not having the problems you are, but several ladies here are, so, don't worry, you are not crazy, and not alone. I think the best we can figure out is maybe anesthesia, pain meds, hormones spasing, or all of the above. Unless someone has found a better answer. My insomnia was only the first 3-4 days. woke up every 1-2 hrs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 03:07 AM

LaRae0713:

Hello and welcome to my world of insomnia. It's 4 a.m. and aside from the bridge collapse and not hearing yet from my granddaughter's daddy ... i have a LOT of insomnia.
Re: the 3 day. I don't know HOW you could do it. I walk a lot. I've been doing 10,000 steps a day since about five days post op out of sheer push/ drive. I went on one of the training walks PRE surg. There is NO WAY I could do that walk here as it is in four weeks in Mpls/St. Paul. Now, if you have 3 months, MAYBE it's possible. I would check w/my doc if I were you to get the go ahead. But yes, I push and push and walk and walk each day. If I get a cramp i stop a sec. I chug a ton of water. I break my walking into chunks. The most i've ever done is 3 mi so far. And I can't go as fast as the people on the training walks have. My sister's team tried to get me into the 3 day this year and when I found out about the hysterectomy i said, 'no way.' However, if you are so fit and so accustomed to walking, I'd say start doing little bits and see how you do.

As for the brain/mouth. I'm a mess. I am foggy, have lost many of my former interests....I'm just not feeling like the woman I was prior to surgery up in my head. I keep praying I will become normal again. Ex: loss of interest in t.v., listening to the radio while i drive, etc. It's weird. Just weird. And I know it's not depression. It's just altered brain state.

Sandlover....thank you for the prayers. My sister the lawyer said well maybe all the phones you 'think' are working and we left a zillion messages for Jr. and no response. If we don't hear from him this a.m. we will take his picture to the city staging area after i figure out how to get my teen to a dentist 'across the river'....last i heard all bridges were closed and so my DGrandkid can't get to daycare, etc. Plus she's a basketcase about her daddy.

A good Thursday to all my sisters. Paula, if you have pain check w/doc re: walking. I had TVH and so have swelly belly.........i just try to find the most comfortable place and it's hard at times. My future dream is to rest on my tummy at nite again............i love sleeping on my tummy and can't.

E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS clean path report.
Unread 08-02-2007, 03:13 AM

Thank you everyone for prayers. No word last night from Junior. If he doesn't check in this a.m. and we can't find him at work then after i figure out how to cross river for DD's 9 a.m. dental and AFTER getting granddaughter (bec. there is NO way to cross river to get her to daycare) then we will go to staging area w/his photo and try to figure out where he is. We are praying that his being a New Yorker who went a bit 'mad' after 9-11...maybe he went down there to try and help out? And even though his phone took msgs all nite my sister said maybe he can't call out? There was major disruption of phone service in some pockets last nite. Anyway, the stress is unbearable. Last nite i thought i was having a heart attack bec. the pain/fear in my chest over this was so intense. My DD and granddaughter cheated death by 1.5 hours. They are usually on that bridge that time and only bec. DD had job interview 'day off' I had taken DG to daycare and daughter got her earlier. This is soooo stressful. Again, thanks to all for your prayers and sorry it got posted on this thread or any/ all. I don't know if i will even walk much today. I must/should, but i'm a bit paralyzed and it's going to be a day where i'm in the car too much which is hard and uncomfortable and where it might turn into a worse day.

Anyway, couldn't sleep much (no surprise) and so here i be.

Thank you all again for your support. E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS clean path report
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 04:00 AM

Apparently there are a few of us who are experincing the whole insomnia thing...I hope that your guy is ok...let us know....I feel right now like I am about to crawl out of my skin but I am able to drive YAAAAAHHH! I was worried because I drive a stick shift and that proved to be kind of tricky...but I figured out that if I put something soft between me and the belt and push my seat up after I get in I can clutch without so much strain...I still out of instinct try to hold my stomach when I hit a pot hole but getting better. I am in such a better mood since I am not fully at the mercy of other's (as far as getting somewhere) It really sucked to have to ask everytime I wanted to just get out of the house....but not anymore! well I better get my tail to bed...later to all of you still awake and sweet dreams to those who are not...peace out.
Unread 08-02-2007, 04:01 AM

Hi everyone so sorry to hear about the bridge, we had no news coverage here. I hope all your families are safe and well.

HELP - need advice. I am in so much pain again. My husband thinks I am overdoing it and being totally reckless but I feel I am actually doing less than many of you ladies.

I have been out to the mall a few times and walked slowly around, been to lunch with friends, and out with friends for meals in the evenings.

Indoors I haven't done any major chores, just put the laundry in machine, folded it etc.

Am I overdoing it??

I have such raw agonising pain in my right side again, it is made worse by walking, bending (which is agony) and trying to sleep on my side (which I just cannot do, feel as if everything is ripping open inside me).

I have no discharge, no itching, no fever just this awful pain and a huge swelly belly, very hard and distended.

Surely the pain shouldn't be this bad?

When I went back to Dr before with this same pain, she said adhesions or nerve damage and because of the lengthy surgery and problems with the adeonomysis the right side had taken most of the hard work with the knife etc. I don't feel as if I want to go back to hospital again, and I am not one to make a fuss just worried that this level of pain is not normal 3 weeks post op after TAH?

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks and big hugs xxxx
Unread 08-02-2007, 04:02 AM

SunnyBahrain, How are you feelin. We've missed you.
Unread 08-02-2007, 04:04 AM
Hello morning ladies ....

SunnyBahrain....so much pain doesn't sound normal to me. I would keep badgering the doc and/or post a new thread in post op discussionsl,.... it doesn't sound like overdoing it compared to me walking and walking and walking, so I'd be on my doctor's doorstep for advice!! I would.

Belle: i have automatic; don't know how to drive stick and yes, that would be much harder. I don't know if I could even CONCENTRATE to drive a stick.

My stomach is turning about the bridge. I might go walking right now at 5ish a.m. our time. Big sigh. It's going to be a hard stressing day. Please let me heal i pray.

A good Wed. to you all as you continue to heal. Good luck to me on this day. E.

TVH/CIn3/CIS path report clear
Unread 08-02-2007, 04:18 AM

Hi Crossroads and Elefante, nice to have friendly greetings as soon as you post!

I have been in bed all morning and just sat up now, the pain is ok when I am still but then this raw pain when I move in certain directions.

I am going to try and bear it out another day, islamic weekend here tomorrow so Consultant will not be there and will go back again Saturday if no improvement.

How do they diagnose if you have torn something or if something is amiss?

Last time I went I was examined internally and my incision looked at but nothing more.

I feel as if they are thinking I am making a fuss and its just a normal healing pain but it doesn't feel like it to me.

Have a good Thursday everyone, speak soon

Hugs xxxxx
Unread 08-02-2007, 04:24 AM

I would still start a new post, SunnyBahrain and ask for advice from the zillions of sisters who have a lot of experience maybe w/your symptoms but aren't on this thread. There might be some good ideas out there while you tough it out one more day.

I'm going to walk. Worrying about Junior is driving me to tears this morning. And all the thoughts of what could have been w/other family yesterday.

Take care................it's dark out....i'll be walking w/the bunnies and racoons, probably!

E.
TVH/CIN3/CIS clear path report
Unread 08-02-2007, 05:35 AM

E ~ More prayers for you today...It's a bad situation but I am confident things will be ok for you, family, friends, and community...Take care of what is necessary but most important take care of yourself too! Praying you get in touch with Jr. today

Kinda puts things into perspective doesn't it, here I was stressing over everyone seeing the pad and mesh panties while I was out

Please keep us posted as you can!!! We're here for ya girl!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register