Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptionist
WOO!

7.5 Wks and feeling like a new woman.
Great!!

I am too! I feel great!!! No more pain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 10:13 AM

Jennifer,
Yes, I had my hormones tested pre-surgery and my gyn told me that I was postmenopause (I was actually peri but he was trying to say that I have no hormones pumping out). Now, after surgery, I have only been on estrogen for a couple of weeks and he says there's no use in getting tested again because it takes about a month for a true reading. I will ask him about the endorinologist in my area. Thanks.
Unread 10-31-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJen
Great!!

I am too! I feel great!!! No more pain!
8 weeks 3 days i feel wonderful I have more patcience than i ever did . I have been walking and running and b een back in the gym training ( I'm a boxer) for 2 weeks now I am loving life again good luck girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 02:03 PM

Hi everyone
7 weeks today - doing good - back driving and gardening, swelly belly gone and hello slim tummy
Have a lovely day and take care
Unread 10-31-2007, 02:27 PM

Yahoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is what it is to feel good. Almost 2 months with out Aunt Flo.
I think I can finally figure out where i am going to send my 8 packages of pads.

I was hanging on-- just in case there was bleeding with sex -- but no problem there. --just have to find time with DH schedule and mine.

And to bring in the new year feeling fantastic -- has been a chore in the past - Christmas one week -- New Years the next and then our anniversary -- one of them was always interupted. YEA no more!!!!!!!!!!

hope everyone else is doing great.
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:25 AM

Hi All,

I would have to say that for the most part I'm feeling pretty good. I still have some things I have to figure out. I've notice on a regular basis that my heart pounds 3 to 4 hrs after taking estrogen. I must be really chemically senitive to it. It's kind of annoying and can't help wondering if it's something more or just my senitive system. For the last 5 days I've been sleeping 7 hrs and can't complain about that. Thought I was doing so well that I cut the ambien down and woke up at 3am wide awake this morning. I think I'll stick with the ambien and lexapro for a good while. The sleep is wonderful when I get it. I see my ob/gyn today so I will be talking to her about all these things and the bleeding after sex. My body is much less anxious so I'm so thankful for that. I think with each week passing I will hopefully improve. All you ladies sound like you are doing great. I'm so happy for everyone. Blessings to all. Kathy
Unread 11-01-2007, 12:06 PM

Kathy,
Please let us know what the doc says about the pounding of your heart when taking Estrogen. I'm on Estradiol and I don't think it's agreeing with me. Been taking it only 10 days so far, but it makes me feel more anxious that I already was. Thank you. My best to you.
Unread 11-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovery
Kathy,
Please let us know what the doc says about the pounding of your heart when taking Estrogen. I'm on Estradiol and I don't think it's agreeing with me. Been taking it only 10 days so far, but it makes me feel more anxious that I already was. Thank you. My best to you.
Thanks Recovery, I just got back for the ob/gyn and she is sending me to a cardiologist and an endocriologist. She gave me numers for both. She didn't seem to know why my heart was pounding. I had graves diesase in the past so my thyroid could be having a problem again. As far as the estrogen goes I could go off it or cut it back or take it in 2 smaller doses anyway to make me feel better. I imagine the endocriologist will recommend something as well. I hope you find the right dose to take to feel better. It is a balance to figure out. She checked me internally as well and I had some stitches sticking out that she had to remove. It was a bit uncomfortable but not terrible. I hope that solves the bleeding problem. Thanks again Recovery for your reply I appreciate it. Let us know how things are going for you and how you are feeling. I do think the estrogen make me more anxious so I think I will be cutting back a bit.

Blessings,
Kathy
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Let us know how that goes with the endocrinologist, Kathy!

I got my referal from my GP so I will be getting an appt to see an endocrinologist soon. My GP was pleased with my plan and took my side when I told her what my gyn wanted me to do. At least I know I am not weird now.
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:57 PM

Jennifer,

Let us know too how your endocriologist appt. goes as well. I'm hoping they can figure things out a bit. My ob/gyn is good but has so little time to spend with each person. I think she spent no more then 7 minutes with me. Good luck with your appt. I don't feel as weird either, thanks. Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register