Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

I talked to the nurse today. She took down my questions and then my ob/gyn called me back. He said my left and right sided pelvic pain is normal for this time out from surgery (Okay, but when should I be worried if six months go by and still have it!). I told him about my stinging upon urination and he told me take Cranberry tabs. I told him about my depression and he said Estradiol is more like an antidepressant, so he questioned me if I had troubles in my life, and I said Yeah! he told me to go outside and walk more, to be among the trees and nature and get out of the gloom and doom of my apartment, which makes sense. I asked the nurse of a name of an endrocrinologist in my area and she gave me a name! Yes! I will call that person tomorrow. I just don't know if I will be able to see him before my insurance runs out. I pay close to $400 a month for COBRA and am getting irritated about this whole thing.

And, you are welcome, Kathy. I just feel like I should be more along given my surgery date.

Oh, one more thing. You better read every insert that comes with any Rx because you can't take St. John's Wort while taking Estradiol (will have adverse effects!). Next I will be taking Chantix as soon as my insurance company approves it. I wonder what that will bring me next? I just want to get off the cigs but every drug brings another problem. However, I figure one month's worth might get me to the point where I can taper off it and use my other resources (Free and Clear) has quit coaches and I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them today. My quit day which I chose will be November 19th. Wow, wish me luck, with all that is going on with me! And thanks for letting me vent.

Wishing all of you the very best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 06:46 AM

Recovery, I sure hope you ob/gyn is right about the pain in the pelvic area. I guess if it continues to get better then he's right it's just taking time to heal. If you don't see improvement soon I would worried a bit. I've had very little pelvic pain but I did have a LAVH and I guess it's easier to recover from that then a TAH. Before surgery I've had depression on and off and this summer I started swimming laps in an out door pool and felt much better mentally. Depression runs in our family and I'm predisposed to it. The estrogen has helped my depresson a lot but of course I got all these other side effects, pounding heart and anxiety. I'm cutting my estrogen to .3mg today and hopefully it will relieve thoes side effect. I've upped my anitdepressants a month ago so hopefully I won't have the depression as much. I hope you do get outdoors more. That really does help with depression. I hope the estradiol helps as well but won't make you too anxious. I've taken st. jonh's wort in the past and your are right it can't be taken with some stuff. All this can drive you a bit crazy.

I wish you luck with the Chantix. My brother has had success with this. I hope you only have to take it a short time like he did and don't get many side effect. That's the problem with any drug. They all have side effects and possible interactions with other drugs.

Let us know how it all goes with the endocrinologist and chantix. You are in my thoughts. I'll let you all know how my appts. goes after I see the doctors.

Blessings to you,
Kathy
Unread 11-02-2007, 12:48 PM

I know some of you are taking estrogen -- just thought I would share a bit of info i read recently -

estrogen binds with the thyroid that you body produces making it unavvailable for use in the body.

so if you take thyroid and now are taking estrogen -- you need to have your thyroid levels monitored. because each change to the estogen effects the thyroid. causing you to take a higher dosage.

I called my doctor -- because I have been told that for many years i had an underavtive thyroid -- since not taking any estorgen -- maybe mine will actually be fine - supposed to have it checked in a month to see if the dosage can be lowered

just thought I would share --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediamondlady
I know some of you are taking estrogen -- just thought I would share a bit of info i read recently -

estrogen binds with the thyroid that you body produces making it unavvailable for use in the body.

so if you take thyroid and now are taking estrogen -- you need to have your thyroid levels monitored. because each change to the estogen effects the thyroid. causing you to take a higher dosage.

I called my doctor -- because I have been told that for many years i had an underavtive thyroid -- since not taking any estorgen -- maybe mine will actually be fine - supposed to have it checked in a month to see if the dosage can be lowered

just thought I would share --
Lisa,
Thanks so much for the info. Would you please clarify something for me. Sometimes emails can be misunderstood. I am taking estrogen. I THINK my thyroid was checked (before taking the estrogen) and it was within normal range. So, should I be monitored for my thyroid function periodically to see if my thyroid is still doing its proper thing? Thanks again.
Unread 11-02-2007, 06:11 PM

yes -- estrogen basically wraps around the good stuff that the thyroid makes -- and the body can not use it

your doctor should be aware that you are taking the estrogen--- so if you start having problems -- you might start looking at that.
Unread 11-02-2007, 10:09 PM

Lisa, okay thanks for the clarification. My doctor is the one who prescribed the estrogen so he should know I'm taking it. I think what you mean is if I go to ANY doctor, I should let them be aware of that. I'm just surprised that my ob/gyn does not want to monitor me for anything. I am trying to get in to see an endocrinologist and he/she should know about all of this stuff. Thanks
Unread 11-03-2007, 11:17 AM

I am still not 100%, second week back at work (only part time) and I still feel "cut in two" if I am out an about more than a few hours. I still tire easily and am headachy and a little dizzy at times. 7+ weeks out.
9/11/07 TAH, both ovaries
Unread 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Harley,
I don't think any of us realized just how much time we will feel really good again. I don't feel ready to go back to work yet, but I have to unless I want to be homeless. Let's try not to get discouraged. We cannot unring the bell, and we are still on the road to recovery. I just wish I could smile more often. Hang in there. Hugs!
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Wow!!!

All I can say is.... it is so great to be able to have sex without the pain I have felt since the age of 20. The only problem I have now is I need my libido to slow down! My DH is afraid he is going to hurt me and will only allow sex a couple times a week. Maybe he is right, but my body says he is wrong. I have so much energy right now I feel like I am about ready to climb the walls. I would have rather kept my DH in bed all day. (TMI... sorry!)
I know some of you are having a problem in this area with no libido... I am willing to share mine with anyone who needs it, cause it is driving me nuts!!!! Dr. said he will check my levels and we will go from there if it doesn't correct itself.
All and all, I am doing well and I am happy to read that everyone else is doing well also.
Thanks to all of my Sisters. Without any of you I think I would be depressed and not healing as well as I am. I am so happy God blessed me with all of you!!!
Take care Sisters! Much love to you all!
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:18 AM

Christy,
You are a breath of fresh air to read your recent posts. I'm so happy you are full of energy and enjoying life again without pain. I'm feeling much better these days. I just can't seem to get very aroused. But it's great to be able to sneeze and turn on my side at night and sit up with no pain at all from my incision. My hot flashes have reduced a lot from the Estradiol and I think something is waking up down below. Maybe I will get a romance novel. Beter yet, get a man over here which one is coming to viist this Friday -- a blast from the past from my home town. Hugs back!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register