Lichen Planus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lichen Planus Lichen Planus

Unread 07-27-2021, 12:09 PM
Lichen Planus

Hi, can anyone speak to lichen planus and the use of topical treatments like Clobetasol 0.05% ointment (tube), Clobetasol 0.05% cream or Triamcinolone 0.1% please. I started with the ointment but found i could only use it 4 days 2x a day before it became raw and needed to take 2 days off. The cream version burned. I’ve not found the Triamcinolone to work well so went back to the Clobetasol ointment. I’ve not been feeling well and that could be me changing my hormones too much. However I’m starting to wonder if I’m also experiencing some very bad systemic side effects from the ointment. The fatigue over the last couple of weeks has been a very odd fatigue and even sometimes climbing stairs/walking was exhausting. I thought maybe my oral hormone route was the problem which I’m now just leaving it where it was to settle out. I did see a post on someone reacting very poorly to this ointment. I need to treat this somehow and also treat the atrophy. This conditions went undiagnosed for about a year and confirmed by a dermatologist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Smile - Lichen Planus Re: Lichen Planus

It may depend where the lichen planus is located; mine is under my tongue. My dermatologist prescribed Clobetasol but it hurt and didn't seem to work well for me. So she changed to Tacrolimus 0.1% (off label Rx) which I put under my tongue on both sides using a Q-tip (after drying it using a gauze strip). I keep it on for ~ 1 hr.; be careful not to swallow during this time. Then rinse thoroughly before drinking water. If yours is genital then the instructions might be different. Hope this clears it up for you, but I understand that it is a chronic problem so may require long term treatment.
Good luck!
Unread 08-03-2021, 05:39 PM
Lichen Planus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sWW View Post
Hi, can anyone speak to lichen planus and the use of topical treatments like Clobetasol 0.05% ointment (tube), Clobetasol 0.05% cream or Triamcinolone 0.1% please. I started with the ointment but found i could only use it 4 days 2x a day before it became raw and needed to take 2 days off. The cream version burned. I’ve not found the Triamcinolone to work well so went back to the Clobetasol ointment. I’ve not been feeling well and that could be me changing my hormones too much. However I’m starting to wonder if I’m also experiencing some very bad systemic side effects from the ointment. The fatigue over the last couple of weeks has been a very odd fatigue and even sometimes climbing stairs/walking was exhausting. I thought maybe my oral hormone route was the problem which I’m now just leaving it where it was to settle out. I did see a post on someone reacting very poorly to this ointment. I need to treat this somehow and also treat the atrophy. This conditions went undiagnosed for about a year and confirmed by a dermatologist.
I have suffered with this for years! That’s exactly how the steroid creams did me! They always gave me cream with no diagnosis. I finally found a dermatologist a few years ago that gave me tarcolomis ointment however you spell it. It is a lifesaver. I still have flare ups but nothing like before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Lichen Planus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbparker16 View Post
I have suffered with this for years! That’s exactly how the steroid creams did me! They always gave me cream with no diagnosis. I finally found a dermatologist a few years ago that gave me tarcolomis ointment however you spell it. It is a lifesaver. I still have flare ups but nothing like before.
I also use a dab of Premarin daily since my hysterectomy with the tarcolomis and it works well together.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register