Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 228 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Well, I went into the office and met with my boss. I swear, I have the BEST boss and easiest job in the world. I decided I was just going to go in there with my head held high, confident, and honest about what I was doing as far as school and work go. I told my boss about going to nursing school full-time and about having to take off a few days for my Achilles surgery. I told him I didn't want to quit but I would understand if he needed to replace me. His solution.....work from home! As long as the tasks get done, he doesn't care when or where I work from. He even said part-time would be fine. So this might just work out! So, I'll pop into the office every now and then, which is only an 8 minute drive up the road and I'm good-to-go to work from home.

It's a good thing that I didn't have report to work in the office full-time all day today.....I would never been able to do it. I was only there for about an hour. I had to carry out a full totebag full of paperword plus another stack that I carried. I guess it was a little much. I had a little pelvic pain in the car on the way home. Then when I went to the bathroom I had a little blood and some of that icky drainage....I guess from the stitches. So, it's a good thing I'm working part-time from home.

Anyway......the visit went better than I expected. Everyone was hugging me and welcoming me back. I was so happy to see everyone and know that I was missed. Even my bosses boss asked if I was going to be working from home and told me not to overdue it. She had her hyster 5 years ago and has been totally understanding the entire time.j

Today is a very good day!!!!!

Hysterhugs to all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2008, 10:52 AM

Congradualtions Denise that should get you on the road toward feeling normal again.& Working will be good brain exercise before school starts.School feels different at our age,I know because where I work its very diverse in age groups & we do training and the 20 somethings make the rest of us look like snails but I accept it & remember when I used to learn & retain so fast,now I learn slower & retain less
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I love chiropractor's, too! For three years, I did medical transcription for one. Not only did I get paid, but I also got free adjustments whenever I wanted one. It turned out to be every week......it didn't hurt that he was a hottie!!!!!
Hey Denise

How do you find a good chiropractor - what should I look for?
Do Chiropractor's do accupuncture?
So glad you are still on this site.
I will read to catch up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
I am having sleeping problems also. I toss and turn a lot and I feel that it is not quality sleep. I usually wake up tired and now my body does this involuntary stretch during the night that kinda hurts. I take 5HTP to help me sleep (and to repair my brain ), I can't take any type of sleep aids.
Sorry to hear JesusCrew
Last night was bad for me too. Every once in a while I get hit with a bad night.
I use to take 5HTP for about 6 years straight - very morning belive it or not - I found it helped with the brain.
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Today is a very good day!!!!!

Hysterhugs to all,
It is so good to hear you say that.
You deserve a good day!!!
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Denise
Glad your able to work part time I think you were running out of body parts to crochet LOL.
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:59 PM

Debbie

Chiropractors offer different services some do acupuncture so don't. My friend from high school does both adjustments and acupunture unfortunately we don't live in the same town. I happened to find a good one close to my home. Mine also has a message therapist in his office. Ask your friends to see if any of them recommend one. I found mine through a referral.
Unread 05-14-2008, 03:18 PM

I've noticed something different the last few days. My breasts are not as big as they were before. They seem to not be as firm as they were before. I'm on HRT so I don't know if that is why. Has anyone else noticed this? I remember seeing a thread on it so I'm going to try to search for it but in the mean time I thought I would see if any of you have noticed this too.
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone!

I really have to lose weight - I cannot say out loud how heavy I've gotten! All the swelling and water retention is down now from the trip to Italy. So I can't blame it on that anymore!

I have left side pain a lot, as a matter of fact right now as I lay here. I hope it's not what you guys are referring to as an adhesion. What is that anyway? What do they have to do to fix it?

Anyway, I think sometimes I cannot get the energy to lift my head in the morning. I've really come to love my bed! Hopefully, tomorrow won't be so bad. Have to drive into Vancouver for a meeting at head office. Yuck!

Denise, glad to hear you had a great day!
All of you - take care.
cya gals, take care.
Unread 05-15-2008, 04:35 AM

Hi girls
I also did not sleep well last night- decided to try going without my Melatonin and it didn't go well. Restless night, then up at 5:30 am.
My left side pain has subsided, and I only get pangs & twinges now & then- Dr had said it was nerves encased in scar tissue and that it would get better, its not adhesions.

I am so glad to us all getting on with life... work/gym/etc.
I have gained 5 lbs since before surgery- and I had planned on going to the gym last night but I was just wiped out- working all day just drains me.... which is why I thought PERHAPS I could actually sleep.

I am thinking of taking a long weekend somewhere for a rest just before the bar exam in July. Thinking either Maine or Florida... gotta be cheap.
Thoughts?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register