I fell - 12 days post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I fell - 12 days post hysterectomy I fell - 12 days post hysterectomy

Unread 09-20-2021, 10:15 AM
I fell - 12 days post hysterectomy

Hello Ladies!

I’m 12 days post op, and I took a nice little fall this morning. I guess my chair didn’t like me, and I literally plonked hard on my tushy onto the floor.

I don’t know if this will injure anything, or if I warrants a call to my doctor. I’m alone this week, and was given the green light to work from home, but I’m still extremely limited on things I’m allowed to do.

I also don’t want to continue to bug my doctor with stupid things, as I called her last week when I was bleeding and in pelvic pain.

Idk, have any of y’all taken a fall? Is it going to harm my insides and stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2021, 11:32 AM
Re: I fell - 12 days post hysterectomy

Hi,

Hopefully everything is okay! Personally I would not hesitate to call my doctor, better safe than sorry. I would not worry about bugging her.
Best wishes
Unread 09-20-2021, 03:35 PM

are you bleeding or in pain since your fall? if not, you probably didn't injure anything. if you aren't sure that you're ok, don't hesitate to call your dr. that's his job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2021, 05:53 AM

Not a fall, but I had a surprise vicious sneeze hit me at 3 days post-op while still in bed, and it launched me into a full abdominal crunch! It definitely hurt right after on the left side. Had a stinger for the day in the same spot, but no long-term effects other than a relatable post-op tale.

The tush can take it when you get dumped out of a chair. If you weren't hurting or bleeding afterwards, you're probably fine. Had you tripped and fell over something on the floor or fallen down a flight of stairs, it'd be more concerning.

Have you connected with your Recovery Thread yet? It's a dedicated discussion for women who had surgery the same week as you at Recovery Progress Reports for Sep 06-12. Recovery Threads are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes on how recovery is going, and keeping one another company. It can provide a sense of relief to know that what you're experiencing - swelling, pain, spotting, insomnia - is being experienced by others.

Unread 09-22-2021, 09:33 AM

I fainted on the first morning afterwards. Went from sitting on the loo to lying on the floor. There was a nurse there but no clue as to how it happened or how hard I hit. I was paranoid that I might have done some damage. Either on the way down or when I was helped back up.. but I guess the stitches were more robust than I thought. If you’re not bleeding or have new pain, you’re likely fine. But, it doesn’t do any harm to ask your doctor.
Unread 09-23-2021, 07:53 AM

I fell at day 13 (Tuesday) landed hard on my knees on concrete. I began spotting day 14 (yesterday - Wednesday). Doctor assured me that it is normal to spot on and off for weeks following surgery and that it is probably no different than people that spot at this time due to doing too much. Take a step back and rest between working from home. If I wasn't filling a pad an hour or having golf ball size clots then do not worry. I am still worried though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register