TAH- 2 day's and counting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH- 2 day's and counting TAH- 2 day's and counting

Unread 08-01-2009, 08:56 AM
TAH- 2 day's and counting

Hello Ladies,
My doctor had given me this site and I have been appreciative to all the information I have read. I'm 42 years old and I'm ready to have things taken care of and behind me. I have had 2 kids (22 & 15 both girls) and blessed. I had them both C-sections. They were big babies (9lb 15 oz & 9lb 5oz) So the likely hood of a large uterus along with a large fibroid being taken vaginally ?? well I opted to go TAH instead of TVH. I am in the best shape of my life now and have had lost 55lbs in the last 2 years and in Dec 2008 I had a tummy tuck along with repair to all my stomach muscles and tightening them all back up (very painful- but well worth it) So after all these surgeries I feel I am prepared for the recovery process after a TAH....I am told the tummy tuck was more invasive so I am confident in the recovery process and know all will go well. I wish you all well and see you on the post-op side ~ Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Re: TAH- 2 day's and counting

Pam - I think that being in good physical condition is a huge factor in the recovery process. I've done so much better than I anticipated. I too have heard that the tummy tuck is more painful to recover from, so you should be just fine. I'd have loved to have had both done at the same time but couldn't figure out how to coordinate it and didn't have the energy to pursue it. As it turned out, I ended up with a vertical incision, which I'm guessing would've made it tough to do the tummy tuck . Maybe one day in the future I'll look in to it. but the idea of another surgery seems unthinkable.

Good luck to you on your surgery and recovery and let us know how you're doing post-op.
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Re: TAH- 2 day's and counting

((( Pam )))

Welcome, I'm happy to hear that your dr sent you here. I came here before my hyst ( 7 years ago now ) and found so much love and support that I'm still here.

I'd like to congratulate you on your weight loss. I've done that and know how hard it can be

It may help that you have had abdominal surgery before and know what to expect for recovery. I hope that everything goes well for you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register