Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 119 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Feed the beast I say I just went on a Taco Bell run. I haven't had that in about 10 years. I just had a craving...soooo good.

Eat your cheese, that's what stool softeners and laxatives are for.

Well, it's sunny here in MI but I could really use another unseasonably hot day. It is cold and windy out there, yuck! And to think tomorrow is spring.

Take care ladies, you all keep me laughing and living
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Hi psage. I had a TAH on 2/8 and today was my first day back in the office full time. Prior to that I had started working from home full time on day 10.... you really need to ease back into it. My one big complaint today is how stiff and tired my back feels. Not just because I slipped on the ice and have a black and blue LOWER back, but my upper back is plain tired from sitting up straight all day with no break. I have miscellaneous twinges and sharp pains but none that are TOO bad. If you haven't already, I'd request being allowed a couple weeks of partial days to get you back into the swing. My doc told me (during my 2nd post op at week 4) that he recommended one full week of part time and then go ahead with full time. he did tell me though that I should expect to feel very tired regardless of how long I gave myself, simply because I wasn't used to sitting up... and it would plain take time for me to get used to it again. Any chance your work will let you do that? Cause otherwise you should probably expect to be dog tired at the end of the day and have enough energy to eat dinner and that's about it. At least that's how I"m feeling right now!
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Singsingmad:
Thanks for the advice! I think I will ask to go back part time at first. I can't believe you were working from home on day 10. That's great! I did way too much over the weekend and I'm paying for it today.
Hope are are feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM

Pocono
That's what happened with me. All of a sudden I woke up and the burning and pulling sensation was gone

IMG
If I was younger I think I would be the next American Idol!!! Yes, I was holding my belly.
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:56 PM

I think 'total vaginal rebuild' replaces vaginal packing as the word for the day
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:00 PM

babcocks
I'm so glad I read your post--I was just about ready to go jump on a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:01 PM

psage... it was work from home or get no pay at all so I didn't have too much of a choice! But I am fortunate that my job is almost all computer work anyway... and a bit of phone calling. So working from home on a laptop propped on a breakfast tray while I reclined on a futon definitely worked. I hope your employer lets you do the part time. Its a great help in getting you back in the swing.
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:14 PM

onery froggie: You're my kind of frog!! Sometimes I want to say exactly what I'm thinking? Of course, then some well meaning person would suggest I get my hormones checked, and then all heck would break loose!!!
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:25 PM

My boss has said that I can do part part time if that is what I want to do. I have found your experiences in returning back to work really helpful Singingmad thankyou. I'm trying to cut down on my paracetamol as that contributes to making me constipated. I do feel very tired at the moment but reading everybodys posts this seems to be the norm even at nearly six weeks post op. I'm glad that I'm not the only one to crave certain foods and home cooking. Mine has also been cheese the smelly non pasturised brie yum and iced spiced buns rather like a hot cross bun and there's plenty of those around at the moment. It certainly feels like a comfort zone thing for me at the moment. I just hope that the six week check isn't going to be too much of an anti-climax. Dh is working from home that day so that he can come with me. Just hope that there is some interesting revelation on the pathology front. I trhink that I am also slowly coming to terms as to what has happened to me. I think that I try to shut off any sadness that I might be feeling but I know that it is perfectly natural as I have all my sisters to support me. I think that I will feel a lot better after Wednesday. I'm also a bit different to flatfroggie as I tell people about my TAH. My Mother in law thinks I'm too young to have had that type of surgery(actually I'm 45!) Her comments are based in ignorancy and can be quite hurtful. Poor old dh never told her about my infertility and subsequent depression so it made life difficult for all of us. Sister-in-law had her TVH and BSO at 43 so it seems more acceptable to her. I know that we do care about what other people think about us. I'm trying to hold my head up high knowing that I have made the right decision for me.
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:26 PM

psage
I went back to work today for half a day and did fine. I was exhausted last Wednesday and wondered how I would possibly make it. On Friday I woke up feeling 100% better. It was weird. Suddenly that "I feel like I could lay down and die" after doing the least little task left me. I was even able to enjoy myself at a St. Patrick's Day party--got there at 7:00 and didn't get home till 1:00. Was tired all day Sunday but not like before. You will be amazed at how different you will feel in a weeks time..unless you get sick with something or other. I remember even say last week that I didn't know how I was going to go back to work.

Moose: I'm a Catholic girl from a big 0le Catholic family--youngest of 8--my family sees this as a gift--just joking.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register