Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 155 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 03-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Well I am back at work today and I do feel a lot better. I had a long talk with DH and he was very reassuring and supportive. I know that a lot of the pain that I am feeling is my fault. I have really not been eating healthy...I have been eating a lot of really greasy and fried foods. I have made a decision that I am going to eat healthier so that my bowels can heal. I have normal bowel movements, I just have a lot of gas pain almost like I am not having complete bowel movements or just full of gas. I promised myself I would try the miralax and start working out. I think with eating better, working out, and miralax my digestion pain should get better. Thanks again ladies for the support and I will keep posting, it does help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 07:28 AM

Bethany,
If greasy and fried foods cause you pain, it's possible you're having gall bladder issues. If so and you can keep away from high fat foods, that may be all you need to do. You may want to discuss the pain with your doctor.

Good luck on eating better and exercising more--that's the plan at my house, too!
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:02 AM

Bethany,
So glad to hear you are feeling better this morning. I haven't been on here in a couple of days so I didn't know what was going on. There are definitely going to be hard days and that's when you need to get on here and vent to us because most of us have felt the same exact way. I hope that you continue to feel better each day and I hope everyone else does too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:21 AM

Bethany, were you able to talk to your doc? I'm glad yesterday lifted your spirits, hope is a wonderful thing. Let us know how you're doing!

I hope you all have a beautiful day, the sun is shining here, always good for the soul!
Love and hugs,
K
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM

Bethany,its is good to hear you talking about things your going to do. Keep looking to the future. Just one day a time....

kwinner, sun is out here too! isnt it great!
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:00 PM

It is, maybe we all need to move to Hawaii!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Bethany, So GREAT to hear you are better!!! I am trying to eat right too, but find it is more difficult when my depression is not well controlled.

I have struggled with my moods and emotions for years, but never saw it as a real big "issue". Then I got an IUD to try to control the massive bleeding. Never really worked well for me, but I did end up with a large intra-uterine abcess. Think pain, fever, and missery. Then super high dose antibiotics to try to fight the infection without sugery. Then the biggest depressive episode of my life with a firm suicide plan that required hospitalization to save my life. Turns out there is a fair amount of evidence that physical illness and particularly high dose antibiotics can trigger major biochemical depression.

My doctor and I were both worried about another major depressive episode with the surgery, but the bleeding was becoming too much of an issue to wait much longer. Interesting that I did fine with surgery and early recovery. I am having the most problem now!!! I mean we are 3 months out and supposed to be "all better". I am still really tired and not able to do all I used too. I am having trouble building back up physically even though I am back to the gym. My appetite and eating are totally different then before surgery and I have put on 10 pounds. I kept my ovaries, but still think this surgery is a major insult to the body and it will really be 6-12 months to feel healthy and 100% again.

I will say the NOT BLEEDING is totally COOL!!!!

Remember if this is a biochemical problem, which is not unlikely given that you just had major surgery, then it needs a biochemical treatment. I mean if you have diabetes all the wishful thinking in the world won't make you blood sugar normal it takes insulin. Brain chemistry works the same and should be treated like any other physical problem.

It is wonderful you are feeling better and venting here is great!!! However I think thoughts of suicide and feeling your family might be better off without you sound like biochemical depression and should be reported to a doctor.

Sending hugs and warm wishes to you and all our sisters as we pick up our lives again!! Beth
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:12 PM

Hello girls.....

Man! I've missed out on ALOT here the last few days!! We went to Michigan for a quick visit to see dh's family and got a nice surprise of NINE inches of SHOW!! Yippee!! MIL is starting her radiation for breast cancer, so I think we lifted her spirits by bringing the grandkids around for the weekend.... playing in the show, sitting by the fire, eating good food, lots of laughs. We all needed it.

Bethany dear, I'm so sorry you have been having such a hard time!! I'm sure glad to know that things are a bit better than they were a few days ago!! Sounds like you have a pretty supportive family around you, which is a blessing.... but I too have had depression issues at times and I know how alone you can feel... even with loving, supportive people around you. DON'T let it get TOO bad before you call the doctor and tell him that you need help NOW. .. and don't be embarrassed about asking for help. We all need help in different ways at different times. AND please don't feel like God is somehow punishing you for past choices or actions you made. God loves you, just like you love your own children. You wouldn't want to see your kids suffering and He doesn't want that for you either. He will help you through this if you ask Him to.

One of my favorite sayings is: "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!" also Ephesians 3:20 -- 'The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you' Also, I try to always remember my blessings... on the screen saver of my computer it says "I AM TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!" .... sometimes I'm so stressed that I just want to punch my computer when I read it... LOL But most days, it helps!!

I am ready for SPRING now!! Shall we all plan a one year anniversary trip for Hawaii??!?! We can all meet up on Wakiki Beach the third week of Dec. !! ha!

Have a good week ladies...
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:55 AM

Hey everyone! I feel really much better today. I finally had a bowel movement this morning after two days of stool softeners. I can even breath better. Am I the only one still suffering from bowel problems. My DH thinks it is because I never let me stomach heal after the surgery. I have been eating pretty horribly every since I had it done.

Well. I have more energy today. I have been taking the women's one a day and 1 tablet of 1000 mcg biotin to aid in the hairloss that too have been experiencing. I had this beautiful black thick naturally curly hair before the surgery now ...I have stringy waves..HAHAHA

Positives for today........I have beautiful skin now. It has not looked this good since high school (YIPPEE). No more periods (HOORRAY!) and I have less hair under my underarms (first shave in two weeks). woowoo.

So things are not all bad. I wonder if I was having some side affects of upping my HRT. I started double my previous dose towards the end of last week. I think I am starting to level out....who know why depression peaks its horrid head into our lives. Hopefully tonight I feel well enough for an HBI. I know DH needs one.

LOL!

Talk later girls!
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:14 PM

yay!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register