Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I worked on the rental apartment, along with my very kind boyfriend, who does the bulk of the work. I t HAS to be ready now for the 1st, which is in 2 days (can you believe it, where does time go?)

I did some light painting of trim/moulding, swept and scrubbed 2 gross sports on the kitchen floor- underneath where the fridge and stove were- DISGUSTING!

I had to do that, the girl who lived there apparently never acquainted herself with a mop, and when the appliances were moved to paint behind them, there was an inch of crud underneath. I have enough problems, I don't want cockroaches or mice in my rental unit.

Meanwhile, my own house is getting grosser every day- I figure i will start cleaning my own place at the end of the week.

DEAR teenage son has promised to help out some more... we shall see how that goes.
Meow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Yep, definitely sick of T.V. I started reading a new book yesterday but I just don't have the focus to stay on it. I play a lot of Cakemania, Webkinz, and Dogz on my laptop. I feel like my brain is shrinking. All of this time seems so wasted. I'm the type of person that I constantly like learning new things and keeping my brain working.....but this recovery is taking a toll on my brain cells. I spend half my time wondering if the pain and the way I feel is psycological and the other half trying not to be depressed. I get less and less motivated everyday. Everything seems to be an effort. I don't want to be that way. I am very disappointed in myself.

Oh, but the questions was: Anybody else sick of t.v.???? YUP.....very sick of t.v.
I've been having a hard time concentrating. I can't even make it through a magazine let alone a book. I've also been getting dizzy it must be the meds. Games on the computer good idea. I've just watch tv & check this site (I love it!). Of course I talk on the phone but even then I run out of things to say to people. Which is hard for me I'm a talker!
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:16 PM

[quote=FaeGoddess]This AM I cleaned all 3 bathrooms (why do men's bathrooms get so disgusting? Do they even notice how nasty the underside of the seat gets? That is if they pick it up... GROSS!)
I pretended the showers and tub didn't exsist and only did the sinks and toilet. I also swept the floors. QUOTE]

My DD is 12 and has her own bathroom I went in there last night because friends were coming over and OMG! I think all the crap she puts in her hair doesn't seem to get on her hair. It was all over the toliet and counter top making her long hair stick to it! What is up with brushing your teeth-she must fling her toothbrush around because there is white dots all around! Gross! Teenagers (she always says I'm a pre-teen. Well open your eyes can't they see the mess? Clean the darn bathroom!) I also think that she has more hair stuff than a store! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Sick of TV

You betcha, I'm sick of TV. I'm not a big TV fan anyway. I've been watching NCAA college basketball a lot lately. It makes me miss the days I could play basketball. That's a difficult thing about getting older, you can't do some of the things you once could do. Anyway that's depressing as well. What will I do once the tournament is over? It's still raining in AR such a yucky day I have slept a good part of this day....nap this morning, nap this afternoon. Right now a tall Dr. Pepper!!! Pain (where ovaries used to be) finally went away...for now anyway. Maybe try to read if I can stay awake......No overdoing it today........After all this sleeping, I hope I can sleep tonight. I guess there's always the dreaded TV....HA
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:34 PM

I have my 2 week follow up tomorrow at 9. I'm alittle nervous I don't know what happens. I didn't get to talk to my Dr when I was released from the hospital because he was on duty for over 24 hours. He did call me to see how I was doing but we didn't talk about the surgery just about my recovery. Did any of you have an internal exam?
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:45 PM

I had my first post-op visit 1 week after surgery, no internal exam- next visit is in 3 weeks I think, internal will be done.

I don't dread it, I have a female GYN and it makes for a much more comfortable experience (no stress/anxiety)
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:48 PM

Thanks Tunacat I was wondering what happens if nothing in the vagina... Do you get your pathology report then?
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:00 PM

What's the usual time for a post-op visit? I'ma at 16 days after surgery and I'm not scheduled for post-op until 4 weeks after surgery on 4/11. I have talked to dr. a couple of times since surgery. I called once and he called once. How would I know if things are progressing as they should? I don't know what to look for, I just know excessive pain when it shouldn't be....I think I'll make a list of questions to ask....if I can find that darn notepad. I'm not to thrilled about an internal exam. That sounds pretty painful right now. But, I guess they have to know what's going on in there too. Please don't hurt me.....
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:05 PM

I'm alittle worried because I've been bleeding since a few days after my surgery. The flow changes sometimes a lot others a few drops. It like I've bleed the rainbow. It started red then light pink now orange. It also has an oder. I called the nurse once and she said it is normal. Hopefully it is!

Redmalibu I agree ouch it would hurt! I also thought of some questions but I didn't write them down and I can't remember-foggy from the meds.
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:32 PM

yes I did and it was no more than a peek. In and out in 10 seconds, not too painful, but i was only TVH. 2 week check-up

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register