Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

A hot cup of black coffee has the same affect on some people as prunes if you can stand to drink it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 07:16 PM

Blue Moon Rose,

Not sure if you're able to eat them, yet, but baked potatoes (skins especially) are loaded with potassium.

To everyone, I go for my two week check up tomorrow. Hoping to find out just exactly what the doc took out of me (uterus, ovaries, tubes, but don't know about size of fibroids). I also had UTI, and then came down with a sinus infection yesterday (a common problem for me). Fortunately, I had Augmentin on hand, so I started on that and am feeling a bit better.

Does anyone else's incision hurt? It's not horrible pain, just a pulling/sore feeling. I'm seeing the doc tomorrow, and I know he can explain. Also having pain in my right side (used to have it monthly, sometime excrutiating), which, had they not taken my ovaries, I would swear I was ovulating. It may be that I've just pulled something. Anyway, like I said, I will find out everything (hopefully) tomorrow.

And to those having hot flashes - I thought I was having them, too. Turns out it was low grade fever!

Glad we are all getting better, slowly, but surely.

All of you are in my prayers,
Unread 07-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Hope you feel Better Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadysDrkside
Blue Moon Rose,

Not sure if you're able to eat them, yet, but baked potatoes (skins especially) are loaded with potassium.

To everyone, I go for my two week check up tomorrow. Hoping to find out just exactly what the doc took out of me (uterus, ovaries, tubes, but don't know about size of fibroids). I also had UTI, and then came down with a sinus infection yesterday (a common problem for me). Fortunately, I had Augmentin on hand, so I started on that and am feeling a bit better.

Does anyone else's incision hurt? It's not horrible pain, just a pulling/sore feeling. I'm seeing the doc tomorrow, and I know he can explain. Also having pain in my right side (used to have it monthly, sometime excrutiating), which, had they not taken my ovaries, I would swear I was ovulating. It may be that I've just pulled something. Anyway, like I said, I will find out everything (hopefully) tomorrow.

And to those having hot flashes - I thought I was having them, too. Turns out it was low grade fever!

Glad we are all getting better, slowly, but surely.

All of you are in my prayers,
Sorry to hear about your fever and hope you are better soon! I went out all morning for the first time today and I feel like I have done aerobics or something - and I haven't done those in too, too many years. Took kids to library program, minor Walmart shopping, lunch out - back hurts, my thighs are killing me, tired....but nice to be out.

Hope all are well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 11:51 PM
horrible lowe achey back

i feeel like i am doing well, but after sitting on a bench at the beach, my lower back hurts more than i have since my surgery. nothing in the front hurts, is this just a tired muscle ??
Unread 07-06-2007, 12:48 AM

sounds like a tired muscle. I get where the whole lower part of my body hurts after I have been up for a while. Take it easy for a few days and see how that goesl

GoodLuck!
Lynnette
Unread 07-06-2007, 09:13 AM

I am 2 weeks and 2 days. And now it seems to be getting better.
I gave up caffeine because it was keeping me awake at my 11am nap! Seriously, I would get so exhausted I could not watch tv or surf web on laptop.
All I could do was lay under blanket with eyes closed and wish for sleep.

So, I am drinking decaf and now I can sleep.
I find that I can go about 4-6 hours, depending on activities, then I need a nap.

I still hate to go out in the car, the road vibrations dredge up the pain in my lower half.

I am really, really happy that the pain has gone down. I am taking ibuprofen, but less of it.
So now it is a matter of adapting to my new life of NO ENERGY.
I am so glad DH was off on Wed for Jul4 and he called in sick today.
Granted he is out riding his motorcycle right now, but it is just so great to have some company. My 20 year old DD is away and never calls me, BOO HOO!
I think I will call her now and tell her all the gross details.
Heh heh heh
Then a nap for me.

Happy Recuperation!! I am glad to read about the progress with catheters coming out and lab reports coming back in. You ladies are all my HEROES!!!!
Unread 07-06-2007, 11:38 AM
God's Perfect Timing!

Its been quite a morning. Today is my 2 week appt from surgery and its been exactly 2 weeks since surgery. I am still trying to wrap my head around everything.

Lymph nodes and right ovary are benign.

I had adhesions on my bowel, bladder, and colon. They have all been surgically removed.

I had endometriosis on my right ovary -- it was burned off.

I had a hole in my uterus. It looks like its been there awhile. It is by God's Grace that my uterus never ruptured while having children. It has been enlarged over the years.

My tubes look like they had been tied off years ago. My doc asked if I had fertility treatments or if my children were adopted. When I said no -- I shocked her. I should never have been able to have them.

I had andeo and endo everywhere.

My cervix was the largest she has ever seen. My uterus was also enlarged.

My left ovary -- Class I Ovarian Cancer. If she had done the surgery any earlier, she probably would have missed it. If she had done it any later, I would have had to have radiation and chemo. More than likely I wouldn't have survived. It was in His perfect timing that I am here and had surgery when I did.

She should have opened me up. She was ready to. Had the scapel on me and everything but the resident stopped her. He challenged her to do it laproscopically. She swore it couldn't be done. She tried just to humor him all the while thinking she would open me up in a minute. She never had to. Praise God for the smart-alec resident! This accounted for the increase blood loss as it was an unusual surgery. She isn't sure that it has ever been done laproscopically before.

Even though I am 2 weeks post-op, she is considering me at 0 weeks due to the complications. Most with a LAVH are up in 4-6 weeks. I will be up in 6-8 weeks. My next appt is at 6 weeks post-op.

I am not allowed outside to walk in the heat. I am to start walking now by doing laps in the house.

BP is still low -- drink more water. I had 1 blood transfusion to get me over the hump -- my body should rebuild the rest.

Everything else is looking good and she is impressed by the way things went and how well I am doing ... all things considered.

So .... that's all from here.
Unread 07-06-2007, 11:50 AM

I forgot ---

Sitting up pain. This is normal for all the work I had done. Its similar to bending. Thats why they schedule time off of work as sitting is hard for any extended periods of time. Stop if it hurts.

Nerve Regeneration. One word -- AWE!!! Its like a burning sensation in my incision with fire spreading across my abs. and it makes everything ache. and my stitches itch. This is so not fun.

Okay ... I think I am done grumbling for today.
Unread 07-06-2007, 11:52 AM

blue-moon rose,
I'm so glad to hear of your good news! Also glad to hear that God has kept his arms around you & given you such blessings! keep healing
Unread 07-06-2007, 12:53 PM

I am so glad to hear that everyone is on the road to recovery. I went for my 2 week post op on Tuesday. I was told when I had my tubal in 2001 that I had severe endo and needed a total hyst. right then and there but I refused. Now after suffering for years I decided to go ahead with it. To my surprise, everything from pathology came back normal. Doc says she didnt even really see any endo??? So now I am confused. I did have a fibriod the size of a golf ball and was told from my pre op pelvic that my ovary was very large, which during surgery was normal too????? I so wish now I would have tried other methods of dealing with the pain. My bleeding was not so bad with periods, but the pain kept me home in bed for atleast 4 days at onset and a few days in between when I assume I was ovulating. I feel I have made a horrible mistake now and am very sad. I guess I look forward to not dealing with the cramps anymore and should be happy that there was nothing wrong...but I feel like I wasted time and energy for nothing.
Other than that, my pain has gotten a lot better. I still have problems sleeping at night but I make it ok. I have gone out a few times but it is so blessed hot here (116 yesterday) I would rather stay in. Boyfriend has been a jerk, saying it has been two weeks, I should be fine and not walking like an "old lady" still. So I sent him home...lol. All in all, I guess I am doing better, just very emotional over the entire situation and wish I would have done more research.
Take care and hugs to all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register