Anyone have PCOS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have PCOS Anyone have PCOS

Unread 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Anyone have PCOS

I did not find a place for PCOS, so I am gonna ask here.
I have endometriosis and PCOS, along with abnormal cells in the unterine lining and fibroids.
When we came to the conclusion of a TVH, my Dr asked if I wanted my cervix, we decided to remove it, due to abnormal paps.
HE asked about my ovaries and I said to keep them, just so I don't have to go through hormone replacement. But with the PCOS, my ovaries are a big culprit of my problems. Is there anywhere on here that disusses PCOS and keeping or removing the ovaries???

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Re: Anyone have PCOS

hi, I also have PCOS. I am two weeks out from a TVH removing my cervix as well. What i have read even if you have your ovaries removed you will still have PCOS. I hope this helps.
Unread 01-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Anyone have PCOS

Thanks for your reply! Can you point me In the direction of the info you have read? When he asked me what I wanted I told him to keep the ovaries bcuz I do not want to go into early menopause and have all the health risks that come along with that, and I do not want to do HRT. But with the cysts acting up, I thought it may be a possibility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Hi Bel4fan ~~

Go to the top right side of this page and there is a search bar. Type in PCOS and make sure the hystersisters circle is clicked. Google will search this entire site for you. There's over 200 results.

Sending you smiles and star filled wishes ~~ StarryNite
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:19 PM

I also spoke to my Endrocrinologist and my OBGYN and they told me the same thing. Also do a google search put in hysterectomy + PCOS

PCOS is something we will have with us until the end.

I hope this info helps. Happy New Year. Mandy
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:37 PM

I also have PCOS. As part of my pre-op my dr ordered an ultrasound. She thought my pain might at first be related to that. Turned out I have adenomyosis so bad that my uterus is so enlarged it blocked the view of my ovaries. She's going to eyeball the ovaries while she's in there and make the call. If they look bad, she's taking them, otherwise I keep them. Due to the trouble with PCOS, I have half a mind to tell her to just take them and save me the trouble. I figure my hormones are already messed up because of the PCOS, it can't possibly get much worse. I already have a lot of the menopausal symptoms.
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:47 PM

I have menopausal symptoms too. Not bad, and not everyday. I am calling my GP ( she is the one that actually did a TON of leg work in how to treat my PCOS) and my endocrinologist and talk to them. I was thinking how can it get worse, but I also don't like the risks with early menopause. So it's educating myself for the next 26 days! Thanks ladies!
Unread 01-01-2010, 10:09 PM

I recently found out I have PCOS. I'm trying to decide about the ovaries as well. I'm in so much pain from everything (I have adenomyosis and probably endometriosis as well), that I just want it ALL cut out!

I'm debating keeping one ovary. I'm going to talk to the surgeon about it, more. At the age of 34 I do have to consider long term complications of NOT keeping ovaries, so it's a coin toss on needing a surgery later to remove them if I keep them now.

This stuff is so complicated to consider. I mean, who really knows what to expect in 10 years? And here we have to make these life-long decisions with limited science behind it. The choices are 1. keep them, or 2. take them out. Either way we'll probably need hormone therapy soon, if not already.

Blows the mind.
Unread 01-03-2010, 09:57 PM

Turtle,

You and I sound soooo much alike. Same age, same medical problems (PCOS, adeno) same internal debate over ovaries.

Scary!
Unread 01-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
Turtle,

You and I sound soooo much alike. Same age, same medical problems (PCOS, adeno) same internal debate over ovaries.

Scary!
That is scary. I just hope we can get over this hump and make decisions that only impact our futures in good ways!

Good luck!

I still need to find a surgeon who doesn't want to turn me into a hormone experiment before agreeing to surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register