Newbie, TVH w/ A&P sched. on 11/8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie, TVH w/ A&P sched. on 11/8 Newbie, TVH w/ A&P sched. on 11/8

Unread 10-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Newbie, TVH w/ A&P sched. on 11/8

Hello, I am a newbie to this site. Well, I've actually been lurking for a while, but this is my first post. I'm scheduled for TVH w/ A&P repairs on November 8th, and although I'm really excited to get my issues resolved, I am starting to really get the jitters! I was just wondering if there were any women out there who have had this same surgery that can let me know what to expect after surgery...pain, recovery, etc. I have an 8 year old and a 4 month old baby that require alot of my care and attention, and I was wondering how compromised I'll be because of "down time". Also, I know it sounds silly, but I am really concerned with my sex life being altered because of this surgery. Will I lose my libido (my ovaries will be left intact)? Will I be able to achieve "O" with my cervix gone? Will the A&P repairs cause any noticeable difference that might cause changes for me? It's just that I am usually a pretty high libido kinda person and relatively newlywed still, so I wonder about these things. Any other tips at all would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2005, 07:16 AM

Hi hlv2005,

to Hystersisters.

I have not had the A&P repairs, but am confident that someone will come along soon to answer those questions for you. By the way, they are all very good questions

In the meantime, here are some links to information which may help: Hysterectomy Checkpoints will help you prepare for your surgery as well as give you an idea of your limitations during recovery.
Is Sex Really the Same? will provide you with some insight; there are many factors involved.

Continue to ask questions and read and get as much info as you need so you can be sure that you are making the best choices for you.

I am glad you found us,
s,
Kay
Unread 11-01-2005, 10:01 AM

Hi,
My surgery was the same as you're going to have. While no one can predict how anyone's outcome will be I will tell you I've done just fine. My main fear was pain after surgery and what I felt was more like a pressure or heavy feeling. I had a general with a shot of morphine after surgery on a Mon morning and went home Wed afternoon.
For me, the repair work tightened up the whole area and it's much better. You might see about child care for a couple weeks once you come home. I didn't have any young children to care for when I returned home but I was moving pretty slowly that first couple weeks. You will probably have a weight lifting restriction also, so check with your dr about that.
Some women too have a hard time going to the bathroom after repair surgery. I was never able to go on my own in the hospital and was taught how to self-cath which I ended up doing for two weeks. The bladder sometimes gets ticked off being pushed around during surgery and doesn't want to work right away. But it was no big deal and might not happen at all to you.
As far as sex goes to, again it's hard to say . We're all different and hopefully all will be well with you in that area too.
Sending lots of and prayers that you have a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.
Blessings

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register