Feeling like I had nothing removed ~ anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling like I had nothing removed ~ anyone else? Feeling like I had nothing removed ~ anyone else?

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Feeling like I had nothing removed ~ anyone else?

Hi, had my surgery Feb 22, TVH and very interested in all the different stories that I am reading about recovery. Besides feeling tired and tender, and "uncomfortable" sitting or standing or lying in one spot for too long, I honestly wonder if I had anything removed? I was feeling very tired before all this, having two long periods a month with at least four of those days spent in the bathroom every hour on the hour all through the day and night. So now I am thinking to myself is there something wrong with me? I am very sensitive to the cold, hard to get my feet warm and nearly froze when I tried to walk outside so could only go a little ways as my body would not stop shivering and tensing up (live in the snow!!). But other than the few things I have mentioned I feel great. I had trouble with nausea in the hospital and had to stay from the Fri.to the Mon. but once off the pain med and onto extra strength tylenol I was fine, I only stayed with that for a few days and have had nothing since. Sleeping great, resting lots, eating fine, and bowels are fine. I had some gas pains the first week, but that seems to be over with now. Anyone else go through this type of experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Hi there - you're pretty early in the game, so I think your symptoms are pretty common. You might want to have your doctor test your blood levels, as cold hands/feet are signs of a hormone imbalance. I had similar symptoms and discovered that I had thyroid issues. Once I started taking medication to regulate my thyroid, I started feel MUCH better.

I'm glad to hear that otherwise, you seem to be doing really well in your recovery!
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM

I also had expected to feel an emptiness, based upon what others had told me. I honestly never felt a void in my body where the tumors (over 1#) , etc. were taken out. Dr. told me it was like a grapefruit and and orange.
Now you tell me how can all these fruits be removed from your body and you can't tell
I also from the start felt fine, few pains and twinges to remind me that someone tampered with my body. And I'm definately taking it easy and doing what they say.
So if you think your weird, I guess I'm weird too.

I think the menopause weirdness has set in. Oh Goody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:54 AM

When you say early in the game? Should I be expecting that things will get worse, or am I one of the lucky ones that might escape some of the issues that I have read about? Nice to talk to someone...recovery is a nice break from the hectic day to day...but long day when everyone else is at work!
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Hi sighofrelief I too had my TVH on 02/22! I came home on the Sunday and only took tylenol for a few days. I've been up and about since the start. I feel tired only if I over do something... Like gone to the mall too long! I haven't napped in ages! I think we're lucky! Could also be that we're not dealing with abdominal stitches! My feet are also cold... but they're usually like that anyway. Take care and keep healing!
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:04 PM

Awesome.....guess you are right, glad to hear you are doing well also. They say "cold hands, warm heart" wonder what they say about cold feet!

Take care, all the best.
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM

Hi,
I had a SAH complete with stitches and am feeling really good also. We are really blessed!

Like you, I had heavy bimonthly periods and because of the severe blood loss, I have been very anemic. That could account for the cold hands and feet. But if you were anemic your dr. would have told you, I know I was tested the day before to make sure blood would be ready if I needed a transfusion.

Anyway, that's my two cents. The best is yet to come!
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:01 PM

You ladies are blessed - like me! I never had any severe pain, and was back to work full time after 2 weeks. Now 4 weeks out I don't really feel like I ever had surgery.

yeah, there are few weird occasional twinges and reminders when I overdo it, but overall it has been way easier than I ever imagined. (now I'm sure I have completely jinxed myself)

I had my 4-week post op appt today and am cleared for all activity - no restrictions. Now I can go back to the gym, cycling, etc.

We all heal differently, and with strong bodies and great doctors this isn't so bad, huh?
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:33 PM

I too have been monitoring this board and reading the "horror stories". I just had my uterus removed LAVH 1-31-08 and I would never know I had major surgery. My pain prior to surg was off the charts. When I woke up from surg, they asked me on a scale of 1-10 what my pain was and I said 3! I NEVER took pain meds and haven't looked back. It has been a wonderful road to recovery. I did not do anything they said NOT to do and I still haven't. I go back to the Drs on Monday and probably back to work. I look and feel great.

Marcia ~ 44
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM

So glad to hear that there are so many success stories! I am a groomer and was so afraid that I would not be in any shape to go back to it, especially since I have to do alot of lifting. Although I will take the 8 weeks just to be on the safe side, I am so glad not to be "suffering". I told my family that I would be doing everything to the letter as I had not come this far to have any complications. I want to be "free" when all is said and done, as I am sure everyone else does. I do consider myself to be very fortunate...One thing I am worried about is that I have not done much walking other than in the house. Hopefully next week I will get out more, it will be my thrid week since the operation.

Elizabeth 46

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register