Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times... (2011) - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters Around the World > Canada

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times... (2011) Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times... (2011)

Unread 04-21-2017, 06:51 PM
Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times... (2011)

One week. I was expedites because it was urgent (originally referred to gyno oncology because of a 28x28cm abdominal mass that left a lot of unknowns). I can't imagine waiting any longer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Re: Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times...

I know it's an old post but I'll still share my timeline:

March 9 - abnormal pap test results
March 28 - colposcopy
April 10 - colposcopy results, precancerous
April 13 - LEEP
May 5 - LEEP results, cervical cancer
May 25 - consult at Cross Cancer Institute
June 7 - MRI
June 16 - PET/CT scan
June 29 - surgery (Da Vinci Robotic)
Unread 01-08-2018, 07:27 PM

Hi

I am from Wetaskiwin which is 45 mins south of Edmonton.
I waited 6 months
Unread 01-09-2018, 07:17 AM

Hello,
I would agree that 18 months seems quite crazy. The waiting is awful so I can imagine this new is difficult for you to digest.
My situation was a bit of a strange one so I did not have much of a wait. I learned of my abdominal tumour on March 22, 2017, had a referral at the Tom Baker with a gyny-oncologist (who was absolutely amazing and saved my life) one week later and was in surgery on March 8, 2017.
There were a lot of unknowns that expedited my surgery date and I was labeled "urgent".
Unfortunately, I think everyone's situation is the deciding factor for everybody. So timing likely plays a role in the wait time as well.
Hang in there.
And if you need any information or need to chat I'm in Calgary and would love to connect with someone local who can relate to what this whole situation feels like when your living through it!
Unread 11-01-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinket101 View Post
Hello, I'm from Calgary Alberta Canada. Waiting for vaginal hyster keeping my ovaries.
My doctor has an 18 month wait list from date of signing paperwork. Is this normal?
Hi, I am also from Calgary. From the time I became aware there was a concern to the actual surgery was 4 months. My family physician referred me to the Tom Baker Cancer Centre and I was seen within 1 week. I had my hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. My doctor said the Tom Baker would take patients with or without confirmed cancer. I wasn’t willing to wait for a regular referral to a gynaecologist/surgeon.
Unread 05-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Red face - Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times... (2011) Re: Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times... (2011)

Hello,

I am also from Calgary. I was booked for a TAH in February 2009 and had my surgery April 02nd, 2009. I went in on Thursday and was released around lunchtime Sunday.
Unread 07-13-2020, 09:00 PM
Re: Ladies from Alberta, Canada please comment on wait times... (2011)

Hi all....I’m in Edmonton. I was fortunate in that I first discussed the option of hysterectomy with my gynaecologist at the end of February, and I was booked for surgery on May 25, 2020. (It was subsequently cancelled due to covid.) When I got the call to reschedule, I rebooked for June 30, 2020.
I am now two weeks post surgery and I feel it’s going well.
I am seriously itching to get out and do things again though!!

Anyway I suppose the wait time wasn’t too bad, considering.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register