Shaving of pubic area?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shaving of pubic area?? Shaving of pubic area??

Unread 01-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Shaving of pubic area??

Hi sisters
I am due to have a vaginal hyster and repair soon and wondered if they will want the area shaved as i would much rather hair remove myself than let them do it!
I know it is a trivial matter but all the niggling things add up to making me a nervous wreck
many thanks
Alison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Shaving of pubic area??

When I had my last surgery in 2001 to have my fibroids removed that area did have to be shaved. If I remember correctly I had to shave it for both of my C-sections. They did allow me to do it myself.
Unread 01-19-2005, 07:35 AM
Shaving of pubic area??

I had a TAH/BSO in June, there was a little shaving that occured, but it was done by the hospital-- Every doc is different, please speak to your doc before proceeding, that way, you'll be safe, and can go ahead with the surgery
snickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2005, 08:10 AM
Shaving of pubic area??

The only caution flag I'd throw out (as far as "self-shaving" is concerned) is that if you accidentally cut yourself, you could face a problem. They might not want to operate if you have an open cut. Just a thought.

I let the hospital shave me. It's all very discreet, and it was actually very relaxing.

Good luck to you!
Unread 01-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Shaving of pubic area??

Thanks for asking that question, I'm having tvh in march, and I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking of hair remover.
Unread 01-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Shaving of pubic area??

I got my waxing done a couple of days before the op, asking for a high bikini line and the holiday bits to be done (the bits you see when you climb out a pool) so I was nice and tidy! Then when I was out they shaved just a little as off the top!
Unread 01-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Shaving of pubic area??

I also had a TVH, the nurses in the OR did my shave. This was done once I had been given my "happy drugs" so I realy did not care nor do I even remember it being done. I was more concerned about being on my period than anything. to compound my worries I work at this hospital with these people. But, once again, after the "happy drugs" not even that seemed to bother me. All was right in my world. My thoughts and prayers are with you durring your journey.
Unread 01-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Shaving of pubic area??

I had no idea that I was shaved until a nurse came in to check on me after surgery. That was one thing I wished I would have known, and probably should have. Anyway I don't think I would shave myself. I don't know what they used in the hospital but it didn't itch hardly at after. Good luck to you, your in my thoughts.

Cherri
Unread 01-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Shaving of pubic area??

when I went for my pre op visit at the hospital, The nurse made a point of telling me not to. She said that I may think I am helping, but even if you do the slightest nick, you become " a dirty case" Please check with your hospital. i had a vertiucal ab inscision, very little shaved on the top, it was done in the O>R> after I was out.
Unread 01-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Shaving of pubic area??

Hello alilou, I had a TVH 6 days ago and when I was in pre-op the nurse shaved just a littel bit off the top and that was it. I had shaved a couple of days before just to tidy up but what they did was not bad and they did not make me feel unconfortable at all about it. They just used a rechargeable razor with throw away heads. If you have any other questions just shoot! I was just glad when mine was over! The waiting was the WORST!! Good Luck to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register