cervical cancer/ march 20th hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervical cancer/ march 20th hysterectomy cervical cancer/ march 20th hysterectomy

Unread 02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
cervical cancer/ march 20th hysterectomy

Hello to all.. I've so enjoyed reading all your messages..
I found out jan 29 that I have cervical cancer..
had colposcopy then and had LEEP last friday.
So I will find out next monday what kind of hyst I will need. Iam really hoping we can do the vaginal one. lot less recovery time...
Iam NOT looking forward to not working. Iam a hairstylist and LOVE my job.. I've been at the same salon over 18 years and have never missed more then 5 days in the last 4 years...
work is a release for me... so the thought of staying at home for the first 2 weeks untill Iam able to drive sound like crazy talk... but I will do what Iam told to do and recovery as the dr. says to.
I just wanted to say how much I've really really love all you messages.. thanks for reading..
Melissajo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2007, 06:57 PM

Melissa Jo--I'm feeling a bit lost, too at the thought of being away from work for so long. I'm sched for Feb 22 and will be out of work for 6 weeks. My DH and I have been going to Weight Watchers for the past 6 months and have lost 40 and 32 lbs respectively and I'm concerned that I'll eat my way through those six weeks ;-) This site is so great...it really must be like having sisters. I'll keep you and all the other sisters in my prayers. Biessings to all!
Unread 02-11-2007, 09:27 PM

melissajo,
The thought of being off work for so long sounds like a long time at this point. The first few weeks, you probably won't feel like going anywhere or doing much. Of, course, the procedure you have makes a difference. You only have one chance to heal so your plan to follow your doctor's instructions is a good one.

I see that you have cervical cancer. I invite your over to the Cancer Concerns section of HysterSisters. There are many women there who have experience with cervical cancer and are willing to give support to you and any questions or concerns you may have in your cancer journey.

s
Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2007, 01:39 AM

Melissajo - don't know what to say except HUGS! I bet you are a fab hairdresser but your clients will still be there for you when you get back to work!
Sticker lady - I lost weight too when I knew that I was having this surgery - but have managed to eat my way through the past four weeks because of stress and am too nervous to weigh myself now! Anyway with one week to go I am determined to eat healthy from today and lay off the sugary rubbish as I know it won't mix well with the antibiotics I'll be having!
Louise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register