Scheduled TVH Waxing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Waxing?

Is waxing prior to surgery recommended? I know I am about to get my parts cut open and repaired (prolapses) but the thought of someone shaving me puts me over the edge.

Did you wax? Shave? Do nothing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Re: Waxing?

I did shave 4 days before surgery. I wanted to be cleaner and feel better. I'm glad I did. It was ok per dr too.
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:42 AM

Dr told me I would not be shaved for my op and I wasn't. Keep in mind you may be itchy and uncomfortable later when it grows back. If you must be shaved for your op, ask if they can sedate you or put you out first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2013, 09:31 AM

I was forbidden to shave/wax/neet (anything- even under my arms) for, I think, 2 days pre-op to reduce infection risks.

Your best bet here is to call your doc and ask.
Some surgeons will cancel the procedure over this issue and your health is WAY more important than any embarrassment you might feel over medical professionals seeing a lawn that has not been mowed in a week.
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM

I waxed a few days pre surgery. I did the top pretty low and thought afterwards i should have drawn a line and written "cut here" for my surgeon to see when they disrobed me ...i thought that would have been rather funny ...
She did cut rather low, and i waxed again at around 6 weeks Post OP EXCEPT over the incision line ..i will wait on doing that for a few weeks. Looks delightful as one can imagine ....TG no one to see it and with my little swelly belly ... Neither can I unless i really look.
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:28 AM

ROFL @DeliaDeLyon but so very true!
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:17 PM

I shave/remove hair regularly...under arms, legs...etc. I plan to do it about 10 days prior to. I'm figuring that's far enough in advance. I don't do a complete Brazilian, but I like it nice, shaped and neatly trimmed. ;-)
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:36 PM

I get Brazilians all the time so I plan on having one a few days preop. Definitely don't do it right before, especially if you haven't had one before. I like feeling all clean especially before something like this. I'm not so sure about shaving though since it grows back so quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register