feeling like backing out... - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling like backing out... feeling like backing out...

Unread 05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
feeling like backing out...

Diverchick- You are so funny! I had a thought that I would do the same thing while I was on the table. It is interesting how the comments are so similar.

Dolphin- I've always wanted to go in the military. Now that I am 33 I think that I am too old! Plus my husband is at 21 years, the most that I could join would be 10 years. Still I think of it often. Try to stay busy the next few weeks. Believe me the time flies by unless your counting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Dolphin 1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin1173
You managed to get a giggle out of me

I agree with you... I'm not sure I really want my mom here... it just hurts that she's never there for me. Know what I mean?

My worst fear is that they will go in to do a TVH and end up having to do a TAH. I mean, I'm kinda prepared for the TVH... but I am definitely NOT prepared to wake up with a big incision!

I noticed that your surgery date is the same as my pre-op appt I wish you the best of luck... and hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Hmmm other fears... I was told by my dr that I will only be staying in the hospital overnight... in past surgeries, I have always had to stay longer than what they expect.... I'm worried they will rush me out of the hospital before I'm really ready... not that I want to spend more time in the hospital, but I don't want to be rushed home either
Hi, I had a TLVH just over 4 weeks ago, finally, after backing out of the original scheduled one last year. It was hard for me to let other people help me and do stuff for me when I came home, which was also just an over-nite stay. But, I did enjoy the help, the visits, and I needed it, didn't want to admit it, as I am stubborn and was stoic, not so much anymore. I tend to whine and complain whenever I feel like it but it is mostly to my DH and my sisters here on this site which has been such a blessing. The nursing staff at the hospital were so kind to me and I didn't feel rushed, I actually got up early and bathed, dressed and asked if I could go home now. I just wanted to get in my own bed. I was given some very effective pain meds and was able to manage my pain at home considering the surgery. So, just know, that we are all behind you and will be here offering support when you want it!! Hope this info. helps. I apologize for being so long in my entry, I tend to do that.
Unread 06-02-2007, 10:54 PM

Hi Dolphin,

Thanks for the great thread. What awesome things have been said!! You know, I think these experiences are good teachers, don't you? I've been through 4 major surgeries even though I haven't had my hyst yet, and I just don't realize how much I'm trying to be *Wonder Woman* until I come home from the hospital and realize that there are literally 100's of little things I do throughout the day to orchestrate the way things are run in our home..... what is it that I fear will happen without that??? Do I really think the world will stop turning and all civil life will cease to exist under our roof?

I just really think we women have an addiction to independence and feministic proof of our ability to "do it all...." And not just do it all, but do it RIGHT. What's so devastating about seeing something being done differently than we would do it? Really-- I burden myself with perfectionism. I just worry about how my boys will view their future wives.... will they be used to seeing an example of a constantly Atlas-type of woman-- we carry the world on our shoulders and don't breath a word about needing others.... what sort of advantage is that giving their future wives if they expect her to have super powers, too? Where I've got little ones, I want them to know how to take care of other people, and practicing in the home is the best way, I think. It doesn't hurt for dh to have to exercise a greater spectrum of service, either.

Maybe part of this experience is to help us re-evaluate how we live.... should we start delegating more and living as a team instead of as an island?

Hmmm. It's a thought.

Good luck. I know I'm going to need it too.....even super heroes need luck sometimes. : )

Super Ellie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 11:15 AM

I'm alive!! Just really tired..I guess my posts will be expected to be in a new area, so I will find that forum and fill in the details. Hope everyone waiting in anticipation is doing well...good luck! You'll all do great
Unread 06-09-2007, 09:29 AM

Ellie,

You sound a bit anal retentive like me! I don't know why, but it's hard for me to watch others do it the "wrong" way... not that it's really the wrong way, but just different.

You'd think by now I'd learn to deal with it better, but I still catch myself quite often getting flustered by it.

I hope you're doing well... since your crossing over to the other side. Know that we all send our s your way and wish you well.

xoxoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register