Oophorectomy on August 31 - when will the pain subside? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oophorectomy on August 31 - when will the pain subside? Oophorectomy on August 31 - when will the pain subside?

Unread 09-11-2020, 07:44 AM
Oophorectomy on August 31 - when will the pain subside?

Hi ladies I am here for my second time and really dont know where I need to seek advice or help. I had a hysterectomy last year in June rhey removed everything but one ovary. Well 14 months later that ovary decided to form several cyst and land me on my 5th open abdominal surgery. They removed my ovary on August 31 and a few small cyst that had formed in my abdominal wall due to scar tissue and adhesions. Today makes 11 days since surgery and I am still in a great deal of pain on my right side along the pelvic/inside hip. It feels like everyone in a while someone takes a red hot poker and stabs me with it. I told my doctor who said yes it gonna hurt there we had to pull on that tendon. Does anyone know when this pain will subside?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2020, 07:54 AM
Re: Oophorectomy on August 31 - when will the pain subside?

We're sorry that you had to have another surgery. To help you connect with those who can best relate, your thread has been moved here to the Separate Surgeries forum.

Hopefully someone will be along soon to share from experience.

Best wishes for your recovery!

Unread 10-22-2020, 07:08 AM

I’m sorry you are still having pain. How did they do your surgery—was it laparoscopic, or open/abdominal? Depending on which, could be part of the answer. I see you posted this a while ago and I’m sorry I missed it—are you feeling better now? Let me know how you are doing now. I had my ovaries removed in a separate surgery as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
I’m sorry you are still having pain. How did they do your surgery—was it laparoscopic, or open/abdominal? Depending on which, could be part of the answer. I see you posted this a while ago and I’m sorry I missed it—are you feeling better now? Let me know how you are doing now. I had my ovaries removed in a separate surgery as well

I am honestly struggling through every day. It is impossible to find answers as to if this is normal or not. My doctor keeps telling me it's because I am a year older now but I know that's not the problem I'm still in a great deal of pain as well every night I get pains that feel like contractions they've done two shots in my groin area which help a bit. Doctor said they might have damaged The Continuous nerve or it might be entrapped, or that I may just be sensitive. Last night I contemplated the ER but dont want to over react. I swell about 2 inches in girth every day...yes I have started to measure it. I could really use some support. They tried to do my procedure laparoscopic and had to change mid surgery to a bikini cut. They also had to remove 3 abdominal cyst that had formed in my abdominal wall and many adhesions. My ovary was found in 3 pieces. It has been 8 weeks and I am still feeling like I did on the first week. I teach and have had to come back to work doctor told me I wont break
Unread 10-22-2020, 11:02 AM

Your Dr doesn’t sound very sympathetic! I had a laparoscopic surgery so not really comparable. Since you had an abdominal incision plus extra work done, that changes the picture and makes a big difference in what to expect, but things should be improving by now. Are you taking any meds, like Tylenol and/or ibuprofen? Does ice or heat help? Have they done any imaging to check for hematoma or such? To say you “won’t break” isn’t really dealing with the issue. Do you have anyone who can accompany you to an appointment, for backup and support? Sometimes it becomes necessary to be more adamant about further testing, referral, or perhaps do go to ER if it feels justified. It’s hard when you aren’t being taken seriously and you’re in pain. I don’t know the options in your city or with your insurance—are there large ERs, or many choices?
Unread 10-30-2020, 10:48 PM

Posting an update for anyone searching for help like I was. I have nerve damage or nerve entrapment we have started medication to help with the nerve pain, it has reduced my pain by about 50% we are hoping it helps and I can avoid another surgery as they do not believe I can endure another abdominal surgical procedure. Never thought I would be praying for nerve damage vs. Nerve entrapment, but I am. I still have a great deal of pain but am at least able to manage a few hours a day without tears. Nights are hell as the pain is unpredictable at that time for some reason. We will discuss surgical incision repair surgery in about 9 days. Prayers that this medication will start to help more and more each day! I am on a low dose I may call Monday and request that they consider increasing it, we did not expect to see improvement this quick they thought it would take at least 10 to 14 days but I noticed a difference after the 3rd dose, and now can notice when it's time to take my next dose based on symptoms. The doctor has pretty much passed me off to the nurse who has been wonderful, she said she is researching for the best doctor to refere me to. Prayers and good thoughts are appreciated!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register