Why is this so hard to make a decision? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why is this so hard to make a decision? Why is this so hard to make a decision?

Unread 01-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Why is this so hard to make a decision?

Suziedee:

Wow, that is great news. I was told that could not happen. I will check with my dr. That speeds up the process of recovery I believe. I hope I am a candidate for LAVH. Your last lap wasn't too long ago. Did it come back that soon for you?

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2004, 12:22 PM

Tina

Well, after my lap I had hormone treatment for 3 months which was supposed to dry up any residual endo. My first cycle off the treatment was 5 weeks, this one was a perfect 28 days. The pain is bad.....so i guess this means that the endo was just dormant while taking the hormones.
I am scared about keeping my ovaries because of this happening so fast. The doc seems to think that it may be very small, as the smaller deposits hurt more (?) dont know how true this is. So he will have a look and laser any if he sees it. Keeping fingers crossed that i wont have any probs. I will cross that bridge when I come to it I guess LOL.

Suziedee
Unread 01-21-2004, 01:23 PM

Suziedee:

I am sorry you are in pain. I totally understand. The hormone therapy was is Lupron or something like that? I was put on BC pills and for the most part help a lot, but it sky rocketed my blood pressure and altered my personality. Our summer vacation last year was a disaster. My husband said I needed a new broom. So with that being said I went of the pills and regular isn't my problem I am alway 23-25 days, but as I said 10 days before my period, pain, bloating, and all that comes with it. Some months are better than others, this last one was a killer. It effects my bowels and bladder and the back pain is just unreal. I think the I heard will on the drugs for endo, you don't have a period is that correct? So when you go off, its a roller coaster all over again. I sometimes wonder why I was a lucky one to get this, but then I realize maybe I could help someone down the road. I have a very dear friend who now is 63 and when she was 30 and they didn't know much about endo then she had a full hyst. and does not regret it, does not have any children of her own but adopted a son. She has been on HRT since then and has not had one bit of problems with endo growing back, etc. But that was so long ago and she was young she might not remember. LOL. But she was in bad pain when she finally decided to have the surgery, doubled over every month on the floor, etc.

Tina
Unread 01-21-2004, 07:11 PM
making the decision

Hi ya sisters
Suziedee, the pain, Oh the pain! It really does come to the point where it is definitely TOO much, too often, for too long. End of last year as a VERY last try at something other than the big H we tried Microgynon; well I started bleeding. Just spotting but enough to need a pad. So dr. upped the strength, I bled more! Plus I felt nauseas and had a constant headache and started getting weepy and depressed. So now it is the op.
I was interested to hear about the bedroom Elizabeth L. My hubby has forgotten (ha) what that is I am sure. I just can't stand even being kissed or touched most of the time. I have suffered headaches for years but had not twigged that they could have anything to do with my condition, so I sure hope they disappear along with the rest!
Love you all and am very greatful for this wonderful site!
Shalom
Aurah
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:41 AM

Aurah.... Boy do I know how that feels... There were many times that I didn't even want my hubby to look at me let alone touch me. The thought of the pain during and after was unbearable! It took awhile after my H to get back into the swing of things.... not only was I afraid because of the unknown but so was my hubby. He also got so used to not being able to do anything. I guess he just kinda turned himself off. He always told me that he didn't marry me just for that. I guess I am lucky but I always felt like I failed him. Well... things are looking up. It has been a little over 3 years since my H and the bedroom is getting a little more active. I really think my drive is more than my hubbys. Right after my H I had a problem with it and the DR gave me some cream to rub on me that would help. I can't remeber the name of it right now but I will find it. Now our only problem is finding time. With a 12 & 11 year old and all the running I do for them and the long hrs that he works we are exhausted by the time we go to bed. LOL. guess it never comes easy! I hope I helped. Good Luck. Elizabeth
Unread 01-22-2004, 07:32 AM

Tina

My Gynie gave me medroxyprogesterone 3 x 10mg a day. I was supposed to stay on it for 12 months, but I had that altered personality stuff, very very moody, felt sick, pimples, headaches, insomnia, the list is endless, but it did stop me bleeding. I did have some break thru but it was just a spot or two. I started having this pain and stopped taking it. The pain has decreased since I stopped but it is there all the time. The gynie said its just endo, but I am 100% sure its the fibroid.

I am still having probs in the bedroom and I am hoping that after the op I can have a normal sex life again. My hubby did harrass me for a long time, but soon realised that if its just not there then you cant push it.

I am so looking forward to the hyst now, I was a bit down today that I actually have to wait another 2 months! LOL

Suziedee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register