Someone to stay with you | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Someone to stay with you Someone to stay with you

Unread 10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Someone to stay with you

Did any of you have someone stay with you overnight at the hospital? How did that work out? Was it helpful? My surgery is scheduled for Fl. Hosp. Orlando - has anyone had any experiences with that facility?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Someone to stay with you

My DB stayed until 11:30PM. I think he could've (and he offered to stay) overnight but I thought he would be more comfortable at home. There was no need, I couldn't sleep, and the staff comes in constantly to check on you.

He came back early AM and stayed all over again.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.
Unread 10-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Someone to stay with you

My DH stayed with me and I'm sooo glad he did .....it seemed like I had to pee every hour and it certainly helped having him help me get out of bed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Someone to stay with you

No, my boyfriend went home after visiting hours were over. The morphine pump kept me in and out of sleepiness most of the day so there was really no need for him to stay. If you should need help, the nurses are in and out of the room constantly...almost too much.
Unread 10-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Someone to stay with you

Its an individual thing but I feel it is always good to have an advocate during your stay. I will elect to have someone in the family stay all night unless I am feeling so fantastic I don't need it. Apparently my hospital allows a support person as long as the rommate does not care.
Unread 10-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Support

I had someone with me 24 hours a day for the entire 5 days. My precious husband was with me during the day and my darling 20 year old daughter spent the night with me. I don't know what I would have done without them. I had some problems and they we're instrumental in getting the care I needed. Sometimes if something is out of the ordinary the nursing staff doesn't want to deal with it (or maybe the doctors havn't written orders). Anyway - it was a blessing to have them stay with me. They were given a chair that turned into a bed. Needless to say when we got home everyone was happy to sleep in their own bed.
Unread 10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Someone to stay with you

My DH stayed with me, I was in a private room, and the nurses brought in a cot and bedding for him. Our hospital doesn't have visiting hours, by that I mean you can visit anytime. It really made me feel a lot more comfortable having him there!
Unread 10-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Someone to stay with you

My 13 year old dd asked me if I wanted her to stay with me, I really don't think the hospital would go for that. But I am letting her stay home from school to be there the day of. But I thought how sweet is that. It's just her and I, my oldest dd is just about 22 and lives out on her own, but she will be there the day of surgery to. I am so blessed.
Unread 10-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Someone to stay with you

My DH stayed with me all day the first 2 days then he went to work during the day the next 2 days and came back after work and spent the night. It was really comforting to know he was there for me during that time. He's was a trooper...
Unread 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Someone to stay with you

I don't think my mom is going to spend the night, but she would be willing to if I asked. I'd rather she be home taking care of my kids and making sure that they are okay. I'll be fine with the nurses and my morphine!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register