Calm | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Calm

OK surgery is one week and one day away and I am waiting for the panic to hit but it hasn't. Is it someting that hits the closer you get? I am just excited to get it done finally after so long of hearing "You're too young"......

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Calm

Amy, It is good to be excited... and probably the reason you aren't panicked is because you are a very thourough woman! You have etched out so many little details on this site, I cant imagine how many more you have done at home... I am an anul retentive single mother and you have me beat with organizational skills! Relax, and good luck sweetie! Diana
Unread 06-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Calm

Hi Amy,

I had bouts of panic that would hit at odd moments during my two month wait, but the day of my surgery itself, I was very, very calm. It was great at that point to finally be doing something besides waiting. And it was such a relief to finally GET relief from all of the problems I was having!

Then too, I had a great support system here at Hyster Sisters. I was well prepared and had some great ladies praying for me. I think that made all the difference in the world!

s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Calm

If you are calm and prepared then it sounds like your doing something right!
Unread 06-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Calm

Awwwe

/sniff

Thanks guys. I have just accepted the fact that everything is not going to go my way. My house won't be perfect. My husband won't be perfect...more than likely my pain control wont be perfect.

I have checked out the American Pain Assoc. and few other websites about the rights I have s a patient to recieve proper pain control. I have a list of numbers I am taking with me to the hospital one of them being an attorney. HopefullyI will never need em but it helps me to be prepared for anything. I have played nice before and will as long as they do so with me....if they dont however I am going to bring the walls down.

I have gotten so much info from this site it is amazing. I no longer feel alone and maybe that is where all my panic went. No matter what I can get on the net and find out what is going on with me.

Amy
Unread 06-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Calm

Amy,
I wish i were in your shoes- my panic button went off today!
my last day of work was today and i'm home now tryign to pick up for merry maids tommorow
and get my business all caught up and everyting in order...
the bags will have to wait to be packed until later in the weekend- i'm going in monday morning at 7am and i'mnot a morning person so everyhing will be done sunday ngiht that is going to be done....since we are so close...wanna fed ex me some of that calmness?
Unread 06-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Calm

i was very off and on with my panic in that last week before.

oddly, as it got closer i felt calmer and more resolved, that is, until i went to the hospital. my needle fear is huge, but the staff was very understanding.

most post-op floors know that their #1 priority is pain control. ask if you can get the Morphine pump. you get a steady dose through the IV then can get little boosts by pushing the hand held button. it might really put your mind at ease to know you are in control of your pain med.

good luck and happy journey to your new life,
Unread 06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Calm

Aye I got the PCA pump pre-approved at the pre=op with the Anesthesiologist. Wonder if anyone will look at me funny when I break out the egg timer every 6 minutes =)

Had an awful experience at the mall today I was walking with DD5 and we got about half way to the parking lot on our way home when BAM! That pesky cyst on my ovary ruptured. My legs litterally gave out on me and I was on my knees for about 5 minutes before I could stand up. I threw up everywhere. My daughter who should have been panicing just told all the people who stopped to help me...don't worry she does this all the time. I swear a light went on in my head. How sad that a 5 year old considers her mother collapsing normal.

I really can't wait for this thing to be done. For her sake as much as mine.

15 minutes later I was able to walk and we sat in the van for another 15 before i trusted myself to drive. The pain is now a throbbing ache that gets worse when I move so once again the things i had planned are getting postponed.....grrr

Such is life. Things have to get better than this

Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register