Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 01-Nov 07,2021 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 01-Nov 07,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 01-Nov 07,2021

Unread 11-05-2021, 10:59 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 01-Nov 07,2021

Had my total hysterectomy/ colon resection on Tuesday morning. Came home yesterday. Not in much pain at all, I'm just taking tylenol every 6-8 hours. Tried some of the tramadol for pain- I hurt a lot on Weds morning and had one shot. Then I started having low blood pressure issues which is just strange- I've been on medicine for years for high blood pressure. That kind of scared me, so I just had the one dose, and I'm trying to just get by on tylenol. I walked this morning. A little bit of an appetite, but I also had the colon resection so that's probably why. No bleeding at all. Just bled a little at the hospital. Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED not to have any bleeding, I've had period problems for years ( endometriosis) and was on the "Older" end of the menopause spectrum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2021, 03:08 PM

Hi, I had my LAVH and ovaries and tubes removal at 7:30 am on November 3rd. I was home a little after 5:00 pm after an hour drive. I was amazed that I didn't feel bad. I slept only 4 hours that night and was up at 2 am but was back in bed by 7 pm and slept for 12 hours. I've been walking around the house and did several loads of laundry today (with DH carrying baskets for me). I've been taking pain meds as prescribed. I have to keep reminding myself that I must limit what I do around the house. I did take a shower today which felt great! I'm wearing my belly wrap all the time.

I feel some pressure in my belly area when I urinate and when I get up and down from bed or the couch. I've had to use Miralax to try to get the bowels moving.

Thanks so much for all of the information and tips for preparing for my hysterectomy!
Unread 11-05-2021, 04:01 PM

hi there! my laparoscopic surgery was yesterday morning ~ we thought I’d go home that afternoon but I’m soooo glad I didn’t… the anesthesia-nausea & gas pains overnight were awful ~ but my wonderful nurses & techs helped make it *almost* tolerable! I’m home now ~ hubby’s feeding me chicken soup in bed & all my fur babies are here making everything better… now that those symptoms seem to be fading I’m really starting to notice the belly pain. Started with an oxy to try & get the pain under control & will switch to tylenol in the morning… I wish you ALL good*good healing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2021, 07:07 PM

SpSd2021, naturelovr and Rockville … we’re so glad to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSd2021 View Post
Had my total hysterectomy/ colon resection on Tuesday morning. Came home yesterday. Not in much pain at all, I'm just taking tylenol every 6-8 hours. Tried some of the tramadol for pain- I hurt a lot on Weds morning and had one shot. Then I started having low blood pressure issues which is just strange- I've been on medicine for years for high blood pressure. That kind of scared me, so I just had the one dose, and I'm trying to just get by on tylenol. I walked this morning. A little bit of an appetite, but I also had the colon resection so that's probably why. No bleeding at all. Just bled a little at the hospital. Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED not to have any bleeding, I've had period problems for years ( endometriosis) and was on the "Older" end of the menopause spectrum.
SpSd2021: I’m so glad your surgery went well and your home. I’m sorry the Tramadol caused low blood pressure … praying the Tylenol will control your pain. Are you able to take ibuprofen … many doctors recommend alternating it with Tylenol to help control pain if you need it. The colon resection may be causing you not to be hungry … it is very common after surgery. on walking … it is important for your healing and circulation. You may have a bit of spotting/bleeding as you become more active … it is totally normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelovr View Post
Hi, I had my LAVH and ovaries and tubes removal at 7:30 am on November 3rd. I was home a little after 5:00 pm after an hour drive. I was amazed that I didn't feel bad. I slept only 4 hours that night and was up at 2 am but was back in bed by 7 pm and slept for 12 hours. I've been walking around the house and did several loads of laundry today (with DH carrying baskets for me). I've been taking pain meds as prescribed. I have to keep reminding myself that I must limit what I do around the house. I did take a shower today which felt great! I'm wearing my belly wrap all the time.

I feel some pressure in my belly area when I urinate and when I get up and down from bed or the couch. I've had to use Miralax to try to get the bowels moving.

Thanks so much for all of the information and tips for preparing for my hysterectomy!
Naturelovr: I am sorry you had to ride an hour to get home … that is hard after surgery. I’m glad you were finally able to sleep. Please, pretty please be careful dear … it is so easy to do too much and take a few steps back in your recovery. Even if you don’t sleep, it is important to get lots of rest. , along with drinking lots and walking every hour or so.

Binders can be a big help … I’m glad yours is helping you. Your bladder and intestines went through a lot of trauma during surgey … it can take a bit for everything to get back to normal. Drinking lots of water can help too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
hi there! my laparoscopic surgery was yesterday morning ~ we thought I’d go home that afternoon but I’m soooo glad I didn’t… the anesthesia-nausea & gas pains overnight were awful ~ but my wonderful nurses & techs helped make it *almost* tolerable! I’m home now ~ hubby’s feeding me chicken soup in bed & all my fur babies are here making everything better… now that those symptoms seem to be fading I’m really starting to notice the belly pain. Started with an oxy to try & get the pain under control & will switch to tylenol in the morning… I wish you ALL good*good healing!!!
Rockville: I’m glad you were able to be there overnight to help with the nausea and pain control. Kudos to your husband for taking good care of you. Fur babies are wonderful at making things better.

We all have different pain tolerances and reactions to pain meds. I do understand not wanting to take the oxy … I don’t either. It is very important for your pain to be controlled so your body can heal. If you can take ibuprofen, you can alternate that with Tylenol for better control. Most heat is also helpful.

love to each of you. Remember that you are not alone.
Unread 11-06-2021, 12:48 AM

Haven’t really had any issues with recovery so far. Had my first bowel movement this evening at 3 days post op. Stopped taking all pain relievers over 24 hours ago because I haven’t had severe pain, just menstrual cramp pain that hasn’t been bad. I was so nervous about nausea and gas pain from the laparoscopic procedure and anesthesia but haven’t had any of that either.

The one thing that has started is itching at my four laparoscopic incision sites. This isn’t like a little itch. It’s a massive itch and I can’t scratch my incisions obviously. I’m going to contact my doctors office but I’m curious if anyone else is experiencing this. The incisions aren’t red or oozing, literally just itchy. Any suggestions to help get some relief?
Unread 11-06-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jh9 View Post
Haven’t really had any issues with recovery so far. Had my first bowel movement this evening at 3 days post op. Stopped taking all pain relievers over 24 hours ago because I haven’t had severe pain, just menstrual cramp pain that hasn’t been bad. I was so nervous about nausea and gas pain from the laparoscopic procedure and anesthesia but haven’t had any of that either.

The one thing that has started is itching at my four laparoscopic incision sites. This isn’t like a little itch. It’s a massive itch and I can’t scratch my incisions obviously. I’m going to contact my doctors office but I’m curious if anyone else is experiencing this. The incisions aren’t red or oozing, literally just itchy. Any suggestions to help get some relief?
Jh9 … it’s good to see you again. on your first BM … we are rejoicing with you. I’m so glad your recovery is going well and your pain is not severe.

I know the itching can be so hard when you can’t scratch. Have you tried using ice packs … they can help give relief. I think it would be worth a try.

I hope you’ll be able to sleep well tonight.
Unread 11-07-2021, 01:31 PM

Hi Everyone, it was comforting to read the updates here and to know there are women post-op like myself. Nov. 5-Friday I had a TLH salpingo-oophorectomy. Just when I thought I would be able to go home I had a heart episode with Premature Ventricular Contractions every other beat and pulse drop so I had an overnight stay in the cardiology unit. I had a heart echocardiogram and I will be following up with the electrophysiologist in 2 weeks and will wear a heart monitor for a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately my suspicion of ovarian cancer was true. I didn't get to see my oncologist surgeon after the surgery but he did talk with my husband. We will wait for pathology for confirmation. I am using the ice gel pack with little pillow to assist with the pain on my low back (I have fibromyalgia too) and my belly and I take 600mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours.

My daughter just flew here and arrived. She will be here all week. She already made a chart to track my breathing exercises and my walk 1 x an hour. It really has brightened my day that she is here. I am so thankful for the information and support here. I continue to refocus myself to taking things one moment at a time and healing. I started a journal and I am finding this therapeutic. I look forward to reading more updates from you all. Together is better,
Unread 11-08-2021, 07:44 AM

good morning! just a quick follow-up on my surgery last Thurs… walking the hall & hanging out in my upstairs recliner ~ getting in & out of bed is still a struggle… ice packs & alternating tylenol & oxy ~ I’m having stabbing/burning pain on my left side ~ assuming that is where the big tools went in & my body parts came out? Waiting for a call back from my doc to find out if this is normal… but other than that I think I’m doing pretty ok?!?

I wish you all continuing easy healing!
Unread 11-08-2021, 08:50 AM
Question - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 01-Nov 07,2021 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 01-Nov 07,2021

Nice to see your update Rockville. May you find out soon from your doctor on the extra pain.

At one point I felt trapped in my bed last night but eventually my husband was awake enough to help me out.

I continue to have a few nightmares (about body, blood, fears) each night and am wondering if this may be from anesthesia? Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
Unread 11-08-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light1 View Post
Nice to see your update Rockville. May you find out soon from your doctor on the extra pain.

At one point I felt trapped in my bed last night but eventually my husband was awake enough to help me out.

I continue to have a few nightmares (about body, blood, fears) each night and am wondering if this may be from anesthesia? Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
hi Light1…! I broke my hip a few years ago & was on a lot of pain meds ~ had constant *falling* nightmares ~ but once I was able to cut back on the meds the bad dreams stopped also…
I wish you sweeeeet dreams!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register