Has anyone else had issues with their blood pressure while on hrt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone else had issues with their blood pressure while on hrt Has anyone else had issues with their blood pressure while on hrt

Unread 07-04-2020, 04:07 AM
Has anyone else had issues with their blood pressure while on hrt

Had my surgery august 2019 and I am on 1.25 Premarin pill. For the past several months I have been having trouble controlling my blood pressure. My primary care dr doubled my blood pressure medicine and advised that if it still kept fluctuating to go see my gynecologist and see if it could possibly be the hormones I am taking. Has anyone else had issues with their blood pressure while on hrt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2020, 03:06 PM
Re: Has anyone else had issues with their blood pressure while on hrt

Oddly enough, I have problems with my BP going too low when my estrogen dose is too high. I believe estrogen is a vasodilator (if anyone knows otherwise please correct me!), so that would make sense.
I think it's just so difficult to balance the endocrine system (hormones, thyroid, adrenals, etc), so what works for some people affects others very differently. I hope you can find some answers.
Unread 08-06-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb8868 View Post
Had my surgery august 2019 and I am on 1.25 Premarin pill. For the past several months I have been having trouble controlling my blood pressure. My primary care dr doubled my blood pressure medicine and advised that if it still kept fluctuating to go see my gynecologist and see if it could possibly be the hormones I am taking. Has anyone else had issues with their blood pressure while on hrt
I'm on 1.25 premarin for many years .. my BP was up and didn't want to go actual BP meds , too many side effects.. The doctor put me on a dietetic called hydrochlorothiazide now its normal , I only take 25mg , it can take a while to see you BP drop a few months.. i also take prescribed potassium as well because it can lower you potassium levels because of it being a diabetic you loose potassium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2020, 11:57 AM

I went to the dentist last week they took my bp and it was higher than usual. Thats my first bp reading since being on HRT. It wasnt high high but high average, where I used to be in the low range. It worried me a bit.
Unread 08-11-2020, 12:12 PM

I just checked mine with arm cuff electric one at home, 108/69 is pretty normal I think. The dentist said like 120 something or something over 80 something. They use the wrist cuffs and my arm was down tho so I think mine is more accurate.
Unread 09-11-2020, 02:02 PM

Yes. I was prescribed that hydrochlorithixide( I cant remember the spelling) at .25 mg before ever having surgery because my Primary Physician said I was in the beginning low range for having high blood pressure (140/90 or something low) . Essentially the pill is just a water pill as his thought was that I just need to get excess fluid off of me and my blood pressure would return to normal. I added a potassium pill to my regimen from CVS since I dont always have access to orange juice to take the pill with to prevent leg cramps ( got a Charley horse in my calf from just stretching one day and lost my mind) .

All was well in life UNTIL I had my surgery and started. 45mg of Premarin. My blood pressure has been so high that I bought a machine just so I can't track the changes during the pandemic so that I have evidence and also to try home remedies, like drinking Apple Cider Vinegar water to try and naturally lower it before resigning to taking prescription medications.

So to answer the question, yes....my blood pressure has changed since being on HRT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register