Anyone from NE?! - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Nebraska

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone from NE?! Anyone from NE?!

Unread 07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Anyone from NE?!

Oh no - no hate my gentleman friend is a HUGE Gordan and Stewart fan.

We go through this every weekend - but today I was kind of cheering Gordan on (but don't tell my friend)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Anyone from NE?!

You had to...with Hamlin winning! I know, right?

Your Gentleman friend is ok! LOL - I don't care much for Stewart though. Oh well...at least you have a Nascar fan. My DH supports my habit, but doesn't encourage it. I told him, so what it takes up Sunday afternoons, and a weekend every year or two. He's been rather supportive. I wasn't as big of a fan before we lived in Michigan and we had really really long winters. I needed something to occupy my time - and that was it. Of course it was before kids!
Unread 07-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Anyone from NE?!

LOL, yes it is kind of fun having someone besides my brother and father to watch it with. My daughter thinks I need to find a gentleman friend - let just say Gordan is not her fav.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Anyone from NE?!

Sure .... I go to bed and THEN you girls all come out to play. Story of my life! I couldn't sleep so decided to pop on the laptop quick.

No NASCAR here .... sorry. I'll just have to wait for my Huskers season to start.

Tanya ~ I PM'd you the pic.

Diane ~ Welcome! Please fill us in on your story!

Off to bed (again)! 3am comes awefuly early! Good night!
Unread 07-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Anyone from NE?!

Jen,
that is so exciting!!

As far as posting photos, if you are a Crown Jewel you can post photos in the Photo Albums. Go to the top of the page and under the tab "Support" you will find "Photos". Click on "Upload Photos" and follow the instructions. Once it is approved, members can click on your profile and then photos and see your photos.

One of the advantages of being a Crown Jewell.

We were at the Kennedy Space Center a week before the launch! Unfortunately, the tour that would have gotten us relatively close to the shuttle was sold out. We did get to see many of the parts of the Space Station scheduled to go up in the near future. If you ever have a chance to go to Kennedy, I highly recommend it.
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Anyone from NE?!

Wow! I take few hours off and this thing is hopping!
Hi Diane Please, do tell of your experiences.

Jen~the space shuttle sounds so cool. I saw on the news last night it was in Offut. My youngest, he's 12, and I printed off a schedule of when it could be observed flying in the sky above our place. There was a four-minute time span, but WE SAW IT! My BF brought over some high-powered binoculars and DS said he could see the "engines." If you could email me a pic that would be GREAT! Thanks........

Lucia~glad you're out shopping (although shopping for clothes isn't always my favorite thing to do) Aren't thunderstorms great? I live out in the country and I love to sit on the front porch, which faces the SW, and watch 'em roll in. Simple pleasures....

A friend of mine came in from Phoenix last night, so she and another gal and I were laying on the trampoline until 2 a.m. and then came in for hot chocolate--it was chilly out! Teachers at play....
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Anyone from NE?!

Cindy, that trampoline deal sounds awesome!!!! How lucky for you and your friend to enjoy that time!

Jen - Got the picture. VERRRRRY cool!

I can't even think about shopping for pants/skirts, etc. Shirts I can do, but I'm so afraid to even try any pants on with this swelly belly! Glad I already have some drawstring pants for those cooler days!!
Unread 07-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Anyone from NE?!

Here's my story...I was at work on a Wednesday in January when I suddenly felt ill. Even my boss noticed something wasn't right just by looking at me. After I went home, I took some Aleve (I think) and laid down with a heating pad because I had some abdominal pain. I felt a little better later and had dinner with my daughter. Later in the evening I noticed I felt a little warm and took my temp. It was around 101. So I called my DH (he bowls on Wednesdays). He came home and at about 9:30 pm, we went to the Urgent Care. The dr there wasn't sure what was wrong (he thought maybe appendicitis), so he told me to go the ER. Once there, I had a zillion tests. Internal and external ultrasounds, CT scan, blood, urine, everything. The hospital didn't have any rooms, so when I was admitted I was in the observation wing. After surg I got into an actual room. They first said I should have an BSO, but suggested a total hyst. Okay..I was fine with that. Later, on Thursday, a dr came in and told me I might have ovarian cancer. My CA125 was about 1300. They wanted to do surg that day, but couldn't fit it in the schedule. So I had it on Friday--TAH/BSO. Thank goodness it was not cancer; just endo. But up until that Wednesday, I did not have a clue anything was wrong. I never had any symptoms that I was aware of. Sorry this is so long.
Unread 07-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Anyone from NE?!

Diane~sounds all too familiar. I too was at work, not feeling well, and all of a sudden I doubled over in pain. I some how drove home (honestly hurt too bad to stop at the Dr.)--I know--stupid. I spent the afternoon on the couch with 102 fever. It wasn't my right side so figured I would die. Next day, my BF took me to the Dr. I had my period and a couple months earlier I had some pain but NOTHING like that day.

CT scan found a mass on my left ovary and diverticulli. Planned to have mass taken out laparascopically in Kearney. Day before surgery, Dr. changed to TAH verical incision because my CA 125 came back at 59.

Two other opinions, OB/GYN in Hastings and GYN/OC in Omaha don't think it's cancer, so I'm going for laparascopic July 11 to get dermoid/mass removed. I guess I don't have issues with my uterus and I REALLY want to keep my right ovary. I have been considering, however, giving them the go-ahead to take out my uterus if laparascopic doesn't work and they have to open me up. He's afaid he may run into endo. I guess they won't know about endo until they get in there. So confused.....don't want a second surgery but don't want to lose everything unnecissarily.

So good to hear you're doing OK and happy with your/their decision. Maybe I just have too much time to think about it.....

Cindy
Unread 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Anyone from NE?!

Cindy--

Sometimes I think I was lucky not to have any time to think about it. Every once in a while a little thought will sneak in and make me wonder if I shouldn't have gotten a second opinion, but I honestly don't think it would have made a difference. It is nice to have someone who can relate to our experiences. My DH was absolutely great the whole time I was recovering. I had to convince him it was okay for me to laundry, vacuum, etc. (although I considered telling him I wouldn't be able to for about a year ).

Have a great day!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register