Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 192 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hello Myfatherschild,
Yes, I will be back to work full-time. I teach 4th and 5th grades and have a wonderful class! I have brilliant kids (gifted and talented) who love school so it makes teaching a "joy." When I went on leave, I couldn't tell them face to face because of all the emotions I was having and I knew they'd be crying like crazy. Their parents had to tell them and I left them an early Valentine's Day treat and a long letter. It was so hard to leave them. I visited them last Friday before their Spring Break and they screamed and cried when I walked into the room because it was a surprise visit. So, yes, I hope I am not too tired or swollen after these first few days back. I can't take pain meds because they give me horrible nightmares, which I figured out after I stopped taking them on Day 5! The ibuprofen is about all I can handle. I will let everyone know how it goes after a few days back. Take care of yourself and continue to pamper yourself too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 10:57 PM

Pia, so glad things are improving at your house. You and your family deserve a break and a normal week.

cbrn, good luck with work. I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Pocono, 5am! I've been there before. It's very frustrating. Maybe you were excited about the Easter Bunny? Anyway, it was sweet of your kids to let you sleep in. My mom made Easter baskets for me until I was about 20 yrs. old.

Babs, so sorry you're not sleeping and exhausted. How's work going? I'm doing okay on days that aren't too busy but pay for the busy days with a hard, painful swelly belly.

yomiss and cbrn, congrats on being free of cancer. I'm so happy for you.

Onthecouch, that's so funny that you're dreaming of a hystersister. I guess it's a sign of how close we've all become.
Unread 04-08-2007, 11:16 PM

Pia, what a great tip about the Spanx top. I bought a Spanx panty that goes from the thigh to just under my boobs but don't want to wear it everyday. The shirt version sounds like a better solution. Can you wear a bra under it?

Okay, do I need new glasses? I can't find the games on this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 11:29 PM

Oops, never mind, I just found them.
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:22 AM

Good morning everyone. And yes I am up very early today after another night of broken sleep. Yesterday was great. We went to dinner at an Inn that was built in 1878 and was an inn back then with rooms to rent above. I think the stagecoach you used to stop there and let passengers out. They serve family style dinners where you order your main dish and then they bring out the sides of vegetables. When you walk in you feel like you are in someone's home. You wait to be seated in the sitting room or parlor and then they have a large main dining room and then 2 or three other much smaller rooms. It was really cute. Since we celebrate both passover and easter the kids hunt for eggs as well as matzo - they had a ball and even though they will be 14 and 12 next month they are little kids when it comes to this stuff. They still pretend the Easter bunny comes just because they know I get a kick out of it. I also tell them that if they tell me they don't believe in Santa then they don't get anything for Christmas. They think their mom is silly. I do too. They go back to school tomorrow. Poconos does not give the kids a long break.

Pia - Thanks for the info on the spanx top. I will have to look for them up here - we do not have a nordstroms here but if I can't find it I could probably order it online.

Babs - Do you ever come to NY to visit your friends? If so maybe we could squeeze in a get together with some of the hysters from Pa and NJ.

Catnapper - You definitely are a night person. I was checking out the games but did not see you playing any? Did you not like them.

Caroline - When we wer talking about food you mentioned something called pano - I don't know if I am remembering the right spelling but I did not know what that was? Please tell me.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday and anyone going back to work today good luck and don't overdo.
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:34 AM

Joyteam, Myfatherschild and Cbrn, Good luck on your first day back at work today.

Joyteam - It sounds like you really love teaching. I wanted to cry just reading about how you are with your students.

Yomiss and Cbrn - congratulations on being cancer free!!!

Everyone have a great day today!

Hugs to everyone!
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:44 AM

We had a wonderful weekend with the house to ourselves and my mom visiting my sister and grandchildren in Buffalo. But early Saturday my DP started having chest pains which continued through yesterday and she's at the doctor's this morning with what we think is gall bladder problems. If its not one thing its the other! At least she's familiar with the treatment and symptoms because her dad went through the same thing about 15 years ago. AT least the surgery (if necessary) is much less invasive. I'm waiting to hear what the doc thinks and if an ultrasound is in order tomorrow. We're picking up my mom at the airport tonight. We had a lovely day yesterday though, just lounging around. Lunch came out great and Saturday we went to a local park and even though it was in the low 40's we went for a nice long hike through the snow and mud. My stomach was exhausted by the end of the afternoon, but it was a good exhausted. Seems my bladder is what bothers me the most, and usually the next day after extra activity. But I think doing some every day is allowing me to increase my activity levels. Driving long distances is still exhausting and I'm STILL dealing with that bruised muscle on my butt. But overall I think I'm ready for Spring and LIFE!!!! Glad to hear most of us are getting back in the swing, if not as quickly as we'd like. Hopefully be the end of April we'll all be feeling a definite improvement!
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:54 AM

Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone had a nice holiday yesterday. I am so impressed the way some of you can respond individually to the posts, I have trouble just remembering what I was thinking a minute ago!!

Today we meet with our new landlord to put the deposit on the house. Hopefully, I can get in there and clean before we start moving things in. I already have all the pictures off my walls, all the books are packed, and almost all my collectables. As I pack DH will put the boxes in the garage, so when the time comes he will just load up the truck. I fill a box, put an empty one on top, fill it, etc. This not lifting is really slowing me down!!

My son from lower MI called yesterday. He was crying. He had brought his son up to his mothers for Easter break last week and she was suppose to meet him tonite to give him back. Well, she called him at 6pm yesterday and said she didn't have a way to get him back. She knew this on Sat. but waited to call him.This is an 8 hour drive total, my son was going to drive and meet her 1/2 way. Had he known earlier he would have driven up on Sunday.He has to work today, and couldn't drive all that way til the weekend. He called a friend and she is going to pick my grandson up. My grandson knows this friend and he was so happy when my son called and said she was picking him up. I am so grateful he worked it out to get him back.

This weather is cloudy and cool today. Not as cold as it has been. We are suppose to get snow again on Wed. I sure hope it gets nicer for our move!!

Have a GREAT monday!!

June
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Nanette
Was I talking about crab cakes with panko? If so, it is japanese bread crumbs. Makes a really light crispy coating on anything. You can now find them in many regular food stores, in the Asian section. I breaded my crab cakes in them yesterday. Can't stop eating them!!

The spanx top sounds like a great idea. I was actually planning on going to Nordstroms tomorrow. My mom is taking the little ones over night, so tomorrow before I pick them up I was going to the mall near her. Just the Nordstrom wing. The mall is huge and my stomach couldn't deal with too much walking.
sorry about your dp, singingmad. How is she doing today?
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Hi Caroline - Yes you were talking about crab cakes. Are you saving me some? (LOL) Did you have a good day yesterday? Hopefully you won't hurt too much or be too tired after your shopping trip. I have never been to a Nordstroms and did not know there were any around here. I have never seen one in NY.

Singingmad - Hope you dp is feeling better? I had my gall bladder out 13 1/2 years ago. Hopefully if she has to have that done they can do it laparoscopy and recoup time is much much easier then the hyst.

June - So sorry your son was so upset. I am glad he was able to work it out to get his son back.

I am off to run some errands. Everyone have a great day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register