Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi Molly

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly1959
Hi all, well I have to say I feel fantastic!!!!!

Its just suddenly hit me that I haven't had any discomfort or twinges for 3-4 days now. I went to the supermarket last night while waiting for DS to finish hockey, and was putting all my bags in the car when I remembered that perhaps I wasn't meant to be doing this. But I had no trouble then and feel just great thismorning. WOW what a bonus

My house is gradually getting back to normal ( I've spent the weekend seeking out the socks, undies, and other various items of clothing form under DSs beds) The Easter chockolates are just about all finished, so no more little foil suprises under the couch either. LOL

It's nice to have a tidy house again. I'm finding it easier to hang out washing and get it in although i'm not carrying heavy loads around.

You all sound like you are going ahead in leaps and bounds too. A close girlfriend of mine had TAH in Sept. last year and when I asked her about her recovery and when she actually felt back to normal she said it was at about 6 weeks and she just woke up one day feeling great. So I suppose the DRs don't tell you 6 weeks for nothing!

Wouldn't it be great if you could go back in time and do it knowing what we know through experience now. It would have made all that healing time soo much easier to deal with. There are lots of things i would have done differently. But here I am now, finnished with it, and glad of it.

Have a wonderfull week guys. Look forward to reading your posts.

(By the way, I did manage to read 7 books in 6 weeks. A personal best record for me.)

Can you tell me what books you read? I read 8 books and started my ninth today. I'll list mine:

Kim Harrison "For A Few Demons More"
Trilogies, Series, and Connected Stories
Nora Roberts "Morrigan's Cross"
Nora Roberts "Dance of the Gods"
Nora Roberts "Valley of Silence"
Janet Evanovich "Eleven On Top"
Diana Gabaldon "The Fiery Cross"
Luanne Rice "The Edge of Winter"
and I am currently reading:
Kate Jacobs "The Friday Night Knitting Club"

I am going to miss the enjoyment of reading all day..LOL..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

After the busy day I had yesterday, I expected to be in pain this morning and have a swelly belly, but I don't! I feel really good and I feel so much happier

Welcome to the new sisters and thanks for sharing your story & experiences with us. I totally agree with the comments Monica made about this website, where else can we get such great support from each other and not wear out our welcome!

Mary, I often wonder when life will be back to normal but I am having a step forward day today. I enjoyed going to the gym before surgery and am looking forward to going back, hopefully very soon.

I'll share an amusing story with you, my DH has been doing the grocery shopping since my surgery, and whilst he has bought other food, in nearly 6 weeks he has bought 3 vegetables - bag of carrots, frozen peas, and the smallest piece of broccoli I've ever seen. But he hasn't cooked any of the vegetables Thank goodness my dear mother sends up a weekly roast dinner for us. I miss cooking!
Unread 03-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower66
After the busy day I had yesterday, I expected to be in pain this morning and have a swelly belly, but I don't! I feel really good and I feel so much happier

Welcome to the new sisters and thanks for sharing your story & experiences with us. I totally agree with the comments Monica made about this website, where else can we get such great support from each other and not wear out our welcome!

Mary, I often wonder when life will be back to normal but I am having a step forward day today. I enjoyed going to the gym before surgery and am looking forward to going back, hopefully very soon.

I'll share an amusing story with you, my DH has been doing the grocery shopping since my surgery, and whilst he has bought other food, in nearly 6 weeks he has bought 3 vegetables - bag of carrots, frozen peas, and the smallest piece of broccoli I've ever seen. But he hasn't cooked any of the vegetables Thank goodness my dear mother sends up a weekly roast dinner for us. I miss cooking!
That story is too funny...god bless your mother!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 05:27 PM

Good golly, Miss Molly! I find your last post about feeling normal at 6 weeks very inspiring, and hope that will be my experience! I won't mind doing another mindset shift in a positive direction!! It's perfect cycling weather now...Lynn
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:34 PM

Molly and Cynthia you are amazing with the books! I've been able to get through my backlog of about 40 architecture magazines, but only now have a clear enough head to read some real books (all architecture, of course, I know, it's a sickness) but I did flip through a bunch of beading magazines and might do some beading--I got my bathroom curtains finished today even though I've been ragged tired all day--swelly belly too, but no pain! I went to the park with mom and Princess to get her socialized and she did great! I was afraid her tugging on the leash might hurt, but even at 70lbs and leaping toward a squirrel I pulled her back and no pain, no twinges, nothing, hooray! I can walk my doggie again!
I can't figure out how to upload pictures, so I'll just put some on my website and send you all links.
We are getting there slowly, but we are getting there!
Kim
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:16 PM

wow, this thread was busy since yesteray! i love it. welcome to the thread ladies. it really is a great place to be.
i wanted to just let you guys know that i am thinking of you all. i am sorry for those of us who are struggling with family issues and pain issues. i am praying for us all........keep us updated.

for those of you wild wonderful women who are going out and lifting weights and excerising.....oh my.....if only i could get the energy to do much. friday i went to the park and walked a mile and i had just had a bad week so didn't want to push more than that. but after my shopping experience yesterday i am having some serious pain issues on my right side. even when sitting or laying down. feels like something pulled. my pain is always on the right side. so i took it easy yesterday but went to church today-had to take another pain pill though just to make it through....i didn't think i would need those by now but the other day when i was hurting i took to advil and that didn't do anything for me. so anyway, i'm having some twinges of pain and need to rest. back to babysititng and homeschooling tomorrow.........

i can't believe we are almost at 6 weeks. i did get fussed at during church today by my pastor and a friend because i drove to church wed. at 5 weeks and then shopped yesterday by myself. my pastor said he was about to say that he didn't think i could do it but that i made it through listening to the doctor and not over doing it but then i told him what i did. he said 'you just couldn't do it could you" teasingly of course but i told him, i was at 5 weeks already and thought i was feeling so great and then shopping come on i was 5 1/2 weeks, it was close enough to six weeks. well, they said listen to you doctor don't do anything else like that until april 7th if he releases you..... so all my hard work i set out to accomplish 6 weeks ago of not being hard headed and actually getting to say "i told you so" in a week, got blown out of the water for me. now i have to admit that i think i can handle things i was not prepared for......lol. but i really do think i am wonder woman!!! lol.
anyway, i did think because all of you ladies are out and about and driving and all of that -i was inspired to take the challenge. well, my body says cut it out.....listen to your doctor...she obviously knows what your body needed. so i am back to behaving and trying not to drive.
just an update: sister is still trying to work things out and still not sure what she should do, she emailed me about some spiritual thoughts she was having and i wrote her a book i think in reply. i pray that she will truly surrender to God and allow Him to help her as she is asking to do. She asked me to go to a church with her next sunday because she wants to go check it out but not alone and her husband will not go to another church if it is not his religion...so, i told her i would go with her but also reminded her that its not about religion, its about a relationship with God. so, i will go with her and see what she discovers for herself. I love this preacher-God truly speaks through him. He is young but has a heart for God and for his truth. He has taught me a lot about what it means to follow God's word and to fall in love with it and in turn allowing it to make me fall in love more with God. its all about that relationship with our Savior. anyway, he teaches directly from the bible in such a manner that helps you to really listen. i am praying that she will hear whatever it is that God is saying to he and for her not to allow her circumstances to control her. anyway, i am looking forward to attending with her. we haven't been to church together in many years so it will be a blessing.
thanks ladies for the shoulder to cry on, the ears to listen as i vent and the hearts to care what is going on in my life and recovery. may God bless you all with His care and peace and mercy.
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:17 PM

OK, here's my silly honey colored German Shepherd/Lab mix Princess and our 12 yr old silly cat, Sarah in the back yard (the cat is afraid to leave the yard --good kitty) and Princess has become her Secret Service Agent. If you have the internet speed to download, there's a small movie of them so you can see the cat is definitely in control!
http://delrance.com/Princess-Sarah-pool1.jpg
http://delrance.com/Princess-Sarah-pool2.jpg
http://delrance.com/Princess-sleep1.jpg
http://delrance.com/Princess-sleep2.jpg

http://delrance.com/Princess-Sarah-movie.AVI

Kim
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM

cute! thanks for sharing your pics of your pets.
blessings
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:35 PM

What cute pets! I have a great pyrenees named Ari. He was the best companion during my recovery...everywhere I was, he was. He watched me take the stairs and kept an eye out for me! I'll see if I can figure how to download some pics for everyone.
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:21 PM

Hi Jett: Would you explain to me the difference between oatmeal that is just regular and oatmeal that is steel-cut? I've seen the various kinds in the store and am curious. I try to eat organic whenever possible, even down to the oatmeal. Lynn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register