Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020

Unread 09-28-2020, 09:41 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietwonder View Post
I thought I would, but no. I’m home.... you? How are you feeling?
I have 3 nights.... its 1.40pm on Tuesday and i go home thursday afternoon...

Not feeling the best at all the gas pains caught me off guard.. im going to ask for a medication to help me pass wind maybe that will help

How about you, how are you feeling what procedure did you get done ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2020, 05:17 AM

I am almost one day post-op laparascopic full hysterectomy. I am still in the hospital, hoping for a late-morning discharge. My BP is quite low (90-80/50-40s) and my pulse is racing with the slightest movement, which i hope changes soon. Put back on iv fluids and pushing water. Good output (catheter). Other than that issue, I am feeling okay. Pain, obviously hard to move but nothing unexpected. None of the Co2 shoulder pain yet.
One peice of advice from a Healthcare professional and a patient perspective- you'll be wearing a mask because of COVID. It's a great idea to get a wrap around elastic head band and sew a button each side to loop your mask around instead of your ears. I am used to 12+ hours shifts and my ears are pretty sore today. I'm wishing i would've brought my headband!
Unread 09-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020

Hi Princesses! Welcome to the other side! Here are a couple of hot topics:
Gas
For those of you who had laparoscopic surgery, they insufflate your abdominal space with air. That gas is “free” and not inside your Gastrointestinal system (your intestines/colon). It shifts with gravity (why it can put pressure on your pelvic area one moment and then cause shoulder pain through pressure on your diaphragm the next) and takes a long time to be absorbed. Makes you feel distended and like you have gas. That’s the bad news! But many remedies include: good hydration to maximize circulation, gentle movement such as a little walking, and sometimes a heating pad (only on your back for now-away from those incision sites. For symptom management: good nutrition to keep your bowels moving (won’t help with the air, but constipation and gas occupy space in there and increase the pressure), pain control, and rare use of gas x sometimes helps temporarily.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_96643.htm

cough
The endotracheal tube from intubation and deliver of anesthesia creates irritation and a mostly dry cough for a lot of sisters.
The other cough reason (noninfectious cause that is) that sisters notice is a little lung atelectasis (packing down of the small airways) from anesthesia, pain med respiratory decreases, and lack of activity.
Practice taking deep breaths to get your lungs expanded and open again. (Yes, that will make you cough).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2020, 04:36 PM

1 day post op. Bloated. Stomach twice the size than yesterday. Had a cup of soup for breakfast and lunch. Anyone else more bloated?
Unread 09-29-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
1 day post op. Bloated. Stomach twice the size than yesterday. Had a cup of soup for breakfast and lunch. Anyone else more bloated?
Yep. 1 day post op. More bloated today. Definitely feeling the gas buildup. Had a cup of chicken noodle soup.
Now trying to find a comfy position on my couch.
Unread 09-29-2020, 04:46 PM

Would of thought it peaked yesterday and down from there. Wishful thinking. Ugh. Looking into getting a girdle.
Unread 09-29-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Would of thought it peaked yesterday and down from there. Wishful thinking. Ugh. Looking into getting a girdle.
I thought the same thing!!
Unread 09-29-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Sooooo bloated !!! Its actually so depressing i feel so gross... its so uncomfortable, i can feel my skin stretching !!

I just had 1 piece of toast for brekky today and a coffee... i still haven't had a bowel movement - i cant leave hospital until i have ....

How are you feeling today ?
Unread 09-29-2020, 06:12 PM

Yes! I just woke up bloated like i cant believe! And the shoulder pain has begun. I am glad to be done.
Unread 09-29-2020, 06:55 PM

I bought the girdle today from the Hyster store. Should of bought it beforehand. Can’t wait to get it now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register