Hysteropexy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Hysteropexy

Hi,

is anyone out there who have had hysteropexy (hysterosacropexy) for uterus and/or vagnial proplaps?
I'm 35 and have uterine prolaps grade 2, rectocele grade 2, cystocele grade 1-2 and descending-perineum-syndrome. My Dr. recommended vag. hysterectomy and a/p-repairs and levatorplasty.
I do not want to lose my uterus. So I looked for a Dr. who offers uterus-preserving surgery, and found one!
So please tell me, what is your experience in this kind of surgery.

Thank you in advance

Eulilia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Hysteropexy

Hi Eulilia,

I don't have any personal experience with prolapse or the procedure you describe, but I wanted to welcome you and offer you some hugs. Have your tried doing a 'search' here using the word "hysteropexy"? Use the Search button at the top of this screen and do a keyword search on the terms you mention. Then, you'll be given a list of threads where this topic is mentioned.

If you can't find any threads on this topic, you might also do a search on Google to see what information you can find.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Sending extra hugs your way.

Beth
Unread 04-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Hysteropexy

Hi ((Eulilia)) & welcome
I have no experience with this procedure either but I'm facing possible surgical repair < sometime in the waay future I hope > for a Vaginal Vault Prolapse. I underwent a TAH over 4 years ago and was dx'd with this condition several months ago <sigh> Apparently, this can be a result of the loss of support resulting sometimes from a Hysterectomy. Before the surgery, I experienced no issues or problems with this...

(((Beth))) gave a wonderful suggestion in searching the boards & internet I recalled reading about this before during my own research for options to my own situation. Here are two that contain some good info about this procedure:

Laparoscopic Suture Hysteropexy:
  Quote:
The cause of upper genital prolapse is weakness of the uterosacral and cardinal ligaments.
This surgery aims to reestablish these normal anatomical supports.
Uterine prolapse in women wishing to preserve the uterus ie considering further family, believe the cervix important in sexual response or that a non diseased organ should not be removed.

The laparoscopic suture hysteropexy offers physiologic repair of uterine prolapse...
http://www.urogynaecology.com.au/Suture.htm
  Quote:
The Manchester repair is favored in women wishing uterine preservation. Vaginal hysterectomy alone fails to address the pathologic cause of the uterine prolapse. The Manchester repair has a high failure rate and may cause difficulty sampling the cervix and uterus in the future. The laparoscopic suture hysteropexy offers physiologic repair of uterine prolapse.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
I hope these can be of some insight into this for you Hopefully, someone will come along to share some more personal advice...Good Luck!!
I do hope you will continue to post & share on how things are going...((((((((hugs))))))))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Hysteropexy

You may be able to find more info in our Resources Forum:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=browse&cid=2

especially the Prolapse websites: http://groups.msn.com/choiceforprola...pgmarket=en-au

Good luck on your research. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 04-17-2004, 07:31 AM
Hysteropexy

Thank you, Beth, Twyla and Sheri!

I've already beeen searching at google and have among other tings this forum (very good!).
At the websites of NCBI and Pubmed they offer abstracts of scientific medical studies, also about hysteropexy. It seems to be more common in other countries (Netherlands, France, USA, Australia, Israel), but not in Germany. The long-term follow-ups of hysteropexy seems to be not too bad. It would have been nice to hear something about it form women who has personal experience.
Concerning the lap. suture hysteropexy my dr. told me that plicating and reattaching the uterosacral ligaments is not enough in the treatment of higher degree prolaps.

This morning I took a short look at the prolaps-websites, which seem to be very helpful.

Next wednesday I am going to meet my dr. in order to plan surgery procedures exactly. I hope that won't have to wait too long until surgery-date, because my psychical and mental disposition is just as down as my uterus!!!

Bye
Eulilia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register