How many staples did you have with vertical incision total abdominal hystrectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many staples did you have with vertical incision total abdominal hystrectomy How many staples did you have with vertical incision total abdominal hystrectomy

Unread 04-04-2014, 05:49 PM
How many staples did you have with vertical incision total abdominal hystrectomy

Having my TAH/BSO on Monday and know it will be vertical incision. How many staples did you have ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Re: How many staples did you have with vertical incision TAH??

I had 33, from just above the belly button down to beginning of pubic bone. I am short, so was surprised they could get that many there. However this prevents the incision from opening up...
Unread 04-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Re: How many staples did you have with vertical incision TAH??

I didn't have any staples or external sutures, just a narrow little seam that I guess they glued shut - not sure. I was surprised - was expecting something more. I had no problem with the incision opening up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
How many staples did you have with vertical incision total abdominal hystrectomy

I had 30 staples.
Unread 04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Re: How many staples did you have with vertical incision total abdominal hystrectomy

I did not have any staples either, just surgical glue, with my 6 inch vertical incision. I was told to leave it alone, do not pick at it, and do not put anything on it. I did just that and it healed fine. The glue eventually comes off in the shower bit by bit.

Unread 04-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Re: How many staples did you have with vertical incision total abdominal hystrectomy

38, spaced along a 7" incision. They itched fiercely! I applied Benadryl gel *alongside* but not on the incision to help calm the itch. The staples were removed without any problems 13 days after surgery.
Unread 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM

I had no staples! Steri strips were used and internal stitches. I have a narrow seam about 5 inches long.
Unread 04-05-2014, 12:45 PM

I had no staples either, only dissolvable stitches and surgical glue. I have a 5" scar from belly button to just under c section scar. Only had a problem where the two scars met, other than that am left with nice pink seam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register