Upcoming hysterectomy 8/10: I just wish this was over. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 8/10: I just wish this was over. Upcoming hysterectomy 8/10: I just wish this was over.

Unread 08-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 8/10: I just wish this was over.

Mine is the 11th and I was OK until this morning. For some reason I'm going into panic mode and I don't like that at all. I am going out tonight with my daughter and that will keep my mind off it for a few hours.
Loonwatcher, I'm a gardener and cardmaker too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2016, 12:55 PM

Hi - I am feeling what you are feeling too. My surgery is Aug 11.

I have forced myself to not look at anything but this site and read my doctor's instructions. I bought my pillows from Target, my binders from here, and am starting today to get my nest area cleaned and prep with what I think I will want near me for the first few days.

I also ordered a lap desk from Amazon - that should come tomorrow.

The rest of the time I am going to walk with my husband and grandson, and just try to enjoy what I can.

I can't wait to be on the other side, but I am also anxious and scared to get it done all at the same time.

We are not alone, and that is helpful to me, I hope to you too!

I will be thinking of you on Aug 10 and sending a prayer for you.
Unread 08-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 8/10: I just wish this was over.

Hey!
My date is August 11th and I can relate to all of the post in this thread. I can say that reading that I am not the only one feeling this way helps me with my anxiety a little. I feel more like this is a normal experience and not be over thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2016, 04:00 PM

Hi Loonwatcher ,
I was in your shoes just last weekend. As the time got closer , I was reading the forums more and more especially checking on the gals just getting out from surgery. Not everything got done that was on my list. But the most important stuff did. I let the other stuff go. I had a nervous stomach too , but was eating kinda junky comfort snacks those last few days . I had to do a two day liquid clear diet prior to mine ( which I didn't have a lot of notice about ) THAT was tough. If I were you I would spend a little time try to think of what would bring u the most peace right now . Whatever that may be. Right now I wish I'd had a special meal cuz I had complications in the hospital and I'm still having to be super careful with what I eat. I've been praying for you. Please hang in there. We r all in this together. Be sure to post on the recovery thread so we know how you're doing ok ? Take care : )
Unread 08-07-2016, 07:42 PM

I feel the same way!!!! Mine is a TAH on the 15th. I cannot sleep and my eating is random to say the least. I usually go to an 8am excercise class but around 7:30 all last week, I decided to go back to bed.....just want this to be done.
Unread 08-07-2016, 10:35 PM

Thanks ladies! It helps to know that I'm not alone. I kept busy all weekend with my flowers, a little cleaning & my puppies. My allergies are going crazy today. Too much outside air ...... Taking Sudafed and really hoping that's ok. I hope we all do great, I'll post my recovery & experience. Some day I have a mammogram story for you all, but it's pretty late here. Bedtime. Sleep well- talk soon!! Brenda
Unread 08-07-2016, 11:25 PM

Hi there -- I just had my DaVinci robotic hysterectomy on 7/25 -- tomorrow will be 2 weeks. I was so scared like you. But I am here to tell you that I made through and you will too. I almost chickened out about one week before surgery because I was letting my mind run wild with crazy thoughts. FEAR had its ugly grip on me completely. I decided to fight fear back. I looked up (Google search ) mind meditations for fear, anxiety and for meditations for pre surgery and also post surgery. I started listening to these meditations (the ones I connected with, search until you find one that resonates with you) non stop. They really worked for me. They gave me a since of peace and calmness (mind over matter) I have a vivid imagination and I also am an anxious person by nature -- so believe me when I tell you I am the biggest "baby" when it comes to surgery. Fight back -- don't let fear and anxiety win -- you are STRONGER than you think!!! TRUST that we live in a time where our modern medicine is AMAZING! Don't worry about your house being clean or anything else right now as it won't matter in a 100 years -- also you will be strong enough again to have the house as you want it when you have recovered, and you WILL recover. Don't focus on the small stuff "just focus on YOU and only YOU" for now. Try the meditations from YouTube -- do it nonstop from now until your surgery and do it post op -- I hope it works for you-- you are going to be okay -- find a positive mantra to say to your self and keep saying it -- good luck and may you find His "peace that surpasses all understanding" You got this !!!!
Unread 08-08-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilund View Post
Hi there -- I just had my DaVinci robotic hysterectomy on 7/25 -- tomorrow will be 2 weeks. I was so scared like you. But I am here to tell you that I made through and you will too. I almost chickened out about one week before surgery because I was letting my mind run wild with crazy thoughts. FEAR had its ugly grip on me completely. I decided to fight fear back. I looked up (Google search ) mind meditations for fear, anxiety and for meditations for pre surgery and also post surgery. I started listening to these meditations (the ones I connected with, search until you find one that resonates with you) non stop. They really worked for me. They gave me a since of peace and calmness (mind over matter) I have a vivid imagination and I also am an anxious person by nature -- so believe me when I tell you I am the biggest "baby" when it comes to surgery. Fight back -- don't let fear and anxiety win -- you are STRONGER than you think!!! TRUST that we live in a time where our modern medicine is AMAZING! Don't worry about your house being clean or anything else right now as it won't matter in a 100 years -- also you will be strong enough again to have the house as you want it when you have recovered, and you WILL recover. Don't focus on the small stuff "just focus on YOU and only YOU" for now. Try the meditations from YouTube -- do it nonstop from now until your surgery and do it post op -- I hope it works for you-- you are going to be okay -- find a positive mantra to say to your self and keep saying it -- good luck and may you find His "peace that surpasses all understanding" You got this !!!!
How was the recovery? I have mine via DaVinci on Thursday and am wondering how recovery is.
Unread 08-08-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilund View Post
Thank you! I will look for some meditations. I have a relaxing music app on my phone that I really like, but I'm always looking for more! My house will be fine. Not perfect, but it rarely is perfect. I'm not that picky. Any specific tips or other suggestions are welcome. Thanks again, and I hope you have an amazing recovery!
Unread 08-08-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickela View Post
How was the recovery? I have mine via DaVinci on Thursday and am wondering how recovery is.
The recovery has been amazing! Much better than I expected. I only used Naproxin and Tylenol after the first day. I drink plenty of water. I also used a stool softener and I ate very well and rested quite a bit. I didn't try to do too much too soon and it has been wonderful! Now at two weeks I went grocery shopping (had them pack the bags very light) and registered my kids at high school. I am driving and out and about -- I still have to be careful in how I move and rest in between activities. Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register