new women | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-29-2004, 07:33 AM
new women

hi im waiting to go in to the hospital,,,im 51yrs old but at my age is it true you feel like a new women,,, as it too late for me at 51 DONT YOU THINK SO??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 08:14 AM
new women

nooo is it heck too old.the lady in the bed next to me was 75 and shes feeling great 5 weeks post op!!good luck and i bet you will feel great very soon too!!
Unread 12-29-2004, 08:23 AM
new women

Hi,

I had my hyst at 53. It is not too late if you truely need your surgery, and have researched all about other alternatives and options. It is also good to get one or two second opinions.

I feel better since my hyst, but we are all different and some of us have problems after our surgeries. There are risks when you have any major surgery, that is why it is a good idea to be sure you have read and researched before having one.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery,

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Re: new women

Quote:
as it too late for me at 51 DONT YOU THINK SO??
No way! No way! No way! I can't speak for everyone, but because I have taken control of my health since my hyster, I AM a new woman! I quite smoking; I have a much healthier diet and have lost 65 lbs; my DH of 33 years and I have a wonderful relationship. I do have some issues with vaginal dryness and sexual response, but we are working on that (DH read cover to cover in one day "She Comes First" that I bought him for Christmas.....and he hates to read! )

At 52 I am beginning new adverntures and am "Better than EVAH!" I hope you will be, too.

Unread 12-29-2004, 08:32 AM
new women

I had my hyst just before my 52nd birthday and I feel better than I have felt in years. Sometimes, I think I should have had it sooner and ended the years of heavy bleeding and cramping. Life has only gotten better.

Good luck with your surgery and your recovery.
Unread 12-30-2004, 04:05 AM
new women

THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR REPLYS,,,,,IVE READ THE HYSTER BOOK WHICH IS FUNNY AND ALSO SAD,,,,I GUESS IM SCARED OF WHAT LIES AHEAD AND WORRIED IF THING,S DO GO WRONG ITS MY CHOICE THE DOCTOR SAID ,AS IVE SMALL FIBRIODS AND HEAVY BLEEDING EVERY MTH ,,,,,BUT THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ON THIS SITE AS I UNDERSTAND THING,S ABIT BETTER,,,,
Unread 12-30-2004, 04:24 AM
new women

Hi Lorraine

It is never too late to get your health in order. Get yourself fixed now so you will have many years of good health to enjoy!
I am 42 and wished I would have got my bleeding out and terrible pain fixed years ago. I kind of wasted the last ten years of my life in some ways.

Here is to good health and happy thoughts!!

I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery

Peggy
Unread 12-30-2004, 04:51 AM
new women

yeah good luck im feeling great at 5 weeks post op, it really is worth it
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:43 AM
new women

Hi
I am going to look at the new woman aspect of this. I dont think anyone is too old to turn their life around. Many of us are doing different things, not taking the stuff that can and often is dealt out to us. Peggy is 42 and going back to school. My DH is 51 and made a career change. You may not find yourself going back to school, but there will be things that will change. During your recovery, you will rediscover things that maybe you have been to busy to see, or to do. You will find beauty where before there was no time. You will learn to BE with yourself, and to BE yourself. For some reason, all the important things seem to be less important, and the small things become huge things.

My mom was 65 when my father died. She grieved and got over it, and now has this wonderful busy life! She spent three years at the hospital taking care of dad. Now she is freer than ever. And loving it!!

No you are never to old to go enjoy life, pursue things you didnt have time for, and time to stop and smell the roses!!

Best of luck toyou!!
Hugs
Kat
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:08 PM
new women

Quote:
Originally posted by mtdewpeg
Hi Lorraine
I kind of wasted the last ten years of my life in some ways.

Peggy
Peggy... it took me 10 years to do something too. I kept telling myself as each month passed I was one month closer to menopause and then it would all be over. I'm glad we finally made the right choice. At least you did it at 42. I waited til 46...

Better late than never.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register