Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020

Unread 11-12-2020, 01:09 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peddrick View Post
Packed up the many extra feminine products today, keeping a handful for guests and just in case. I’ll be donating them to a homeless shelter. If you are overstocked like I am, and only when you’re ready, consider donating your extras.
I love this idea! Thank u for it! How freeing is it to get rid of those things!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta77 View Post
Good Sunday Afternoon. Post 10 days.
This morning shower was a little much. I guess I had the water to warm because when I got out I was nauseated. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to taken one of the nausea pills for it. The meds worked wonderfully, but I did not enjoy the dry heves at all.
I went to church afterwards. It felt great to be in the house of the Lord. I hope you ladies are doing well. Prayers for all of you. Be kind to your bodies.!
It has happened to me from the shower and if I’m walking to long... it helps me to take a gravol and just sit for a bit...I feel like it’s our bodies telling us not to push it too much.. so might just be the standing and stretching in different ways, combined with the heat? Hopefully these dizzy spells don’t last too much longer!
Unread 11-12-2020, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryV View Post
How is everyone doing this Monday? When I was in recovery from my own surgery I remember that at the second week everyone (including me) was amazed at how well I was doing. I thought to myself, "This was surprisingly easy compared to what I expected." In some ways, it really was! But, this is a very long recovery. Day 14 for some of you today! About now, your GI tract is starting to return to normal, but that experience is not necessarily a steady one. Your hospital pain meds are out of your system and you may be only on advil a/o tylenol. Your tiredness is likely starting to increase, not decrease! You may be experiencing the beginning of some emotional turbulence. I gathered some resources for your below, from my moderator from my recovery thread.
Resources:

You’re a fountain of knowledge and I’m so thankful for your reassurance through all of this, step by step that this is all normal. I haven’t posted much before today, but wanted u to know how invaluable u (and all the sisters on here, especially our group) are! It’s so reassuring to go thru this with all of uThank u!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2020, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourxpink View Post
I had my surgery on 10/28 and I am still unable to urinate on my own they say it may be anesthesia related but it’s wearing on me emotionally has anyone had this problem?
Oh hun, that has got to be so stressful for you! Like others said, I wasn’t allowed to leave the hosp until I did! Assuming u have a catheter in and have had contact with your doc? Please keep us updated! Take deep breathes, try not to stress .. I’m sure it will be okay... just keep your doctor and us updated! (But your doctor first haha). Sending hugs!
Unread 11-12-2020, 08:16 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 26-Nov 01,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleez View Post
You’re a fountain of knowledge and I’m so thankful for your reassurance through all of this, step by step that this is all normal. I haven’t posted much before today, but wanted u to know how invaluable u (and all the sisters on here, especially our group) are! It’s so reassuring to go thru this with all of uThank u!
You are most welcome!
Unread 11-12-2020, 08:19 AM

You ladies are coming along well! You’re home and recovering. This is when the harder part begins, as my group found anyway. This is when you start to have to let laundry pile up, let housework go, etc. You have one job! That is to go gently through life. Be gentle with yourself. Rest and prevent what pain and inflammation you can. Try and check in and respond here at least once a day. I found it helped me to connect and support. You’ll find that your cohorts are going through nearly everything you do!
Here is an article you may find helpful:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_550283.htm

15 Hot Topics for Hysterectomy Recovery - Part 1
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_117136.htm
can I rush hysterectomy recovery?
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_550283.htm

As you are hitting your 2 week mark: Discharge is exceptionally common. As my doctor said, "There WILL BE discharge. Call me if it's smelly with a fever or frank blood that fills a pad in an hour." When in doubt, ladies, do call your doc's office. Always. They're used to us asking questions. As you go through different healing stages, you'll get different discharge. It's unpleasant, but le sigh, it's part of it. .
Unread 11-12-2020, 08:28 AM

Day 16, went back to work yesterday remotely. I struggled a bit trying to sit in my office chair as it put pressure on my lowest incision, so I'd sit for an hour or two, switch to my couch elevated with an ice pack for an hour or two, then switch back and forth. I was decently tired by the end of the day and had some Advil (which never really does anything for me) and some Lindt truffles in the evening and then went to sleep. I tried sitting with my binder on for a while but it was cutting off some circulation in my upper body so I removed it. Going to try the post-op panty today that I bought from the site! Weird being back on an 8-5 schedule after sleeping in so much. Been sitting for an hour in my chair now feeling better than yesterday in terms of my incision. Itching to get back to normal life but I know I still have a long ways to go. Some of the worst pain I get is when gas and a BM move through my bowels. I don't know about you ladies, but when it's moving through my lower abdomen, I can feel exactly where it is and when it's gonna come out. So odd being able to feel all its movement, and of course it hurts because it's just pressing on everything that got removed and cauterized. Can't wait til that subsides but I remember it taking me a while after my Laparascopy in July and this was waaaay more intense. Patience!

Trying to practice gratitude and acceptance right now. I tend to gravitate toward pessimism a lot but for me personally, I waited 4 years for this surgery and have spent almost all of my 20's so far (I'm 25) searching for answers. This surgery was long-awaited and a blessing for me, and the relief I needed so badly from my issues because it just brought my quality of life way down. With how bad COVID is right now everywhere, elective sugeries are starting to be halted (at least in MN where I am) and I'm like WHEW that I got it done when I did. I also am still on my parent's insurance due to the Affordable Care Act, and I maxed my out-of-pocket in July with surgery so I don't have to pay a cent for my Hysterectomy. Feeling so grateful for good insurance that saved me, a good surgeon, an understanding employer, healing mentally AND physically, and also for this site to be able to have somewhere to go. Sending you all love and light <3
Unread 11-12-2020, 11:23 AM

Two weeks today for me. Went for my first follow up today. Not gonna lie, was dreading it a bit. Thankfully no internal exam this time. Said he would have to check the cuff when I go back in four more weeks. Still no bleeding or discharge here. He did caution me to be careful and not do too much as weeks 3 and 4 can make you feel like doing things you shouldn't be. I drove to and from my appointment which is 45 minutes away. Made it fine, but feeling it now a bit. Planning to put my feet up and rest the rest of the day. Oh! I was able to shave my legs this morning by sitting on the side of the tub. Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.
Unread 11-12-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $0Tired0110 View Post
Two weeks today for me. Went for my first follow up today. Not gonna lie, was dreading it a bit. Thankfully no internal exam this time. Said he would have to check the cuff when I go back in four more weeks. Still no bleeding or discharge here. He did caution me to be careful and not do too much as weeks 3 and 4 can make you feel like doing things you shouldn't be. I drove to and from my appointment which is 45 minutes away. Made it fine, but feeling it now a bit. Planning to put my feet up and rest the rest of the day. Oh! I was able to shave my legs this morning by sitting on the side of the tub. Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.
Mind if I ask some questions about the follow ups? I'm also 2 weeks today.

I have no 2 week follow up. And, my dr wants to make our 6 week follow up a phone call.

Was the 2 week follow up useful? If so, what did you learn?

Will you dr do an internal and check on the vag cuff at the 6 week? I really want the vag cuff checked. It's the thing I'm
most concerned about.

Why were you dreading the appointment? I wish my dr cared enough to make follow up appointments with me.

I also have not had any discharge yet.
Unread 11-12-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelle View Post
Mind if I ask some questions about the follow ups? I'm also 2 weeks today.

I have no 2 week follow up. And, my dr wants to make our 6 week follow up a phone call.

Was the 2 week follow up useful? If so, what did you learn?

Will you dr do an internal and check on the vag cuff at the 6 week? I really want the vag cuff checked. It's the thing I'm
most concerned about.

Why were you dreading the appointment? I wish my dr cared enough to make follow up appointments with me.

I also have not had any discharge yet.
Don't mind at all. He told me at my pre op visit that I wouldn't need to come in for a 2 week visit as long as I was doing ok. After the surgery he said I would need to come back for a 2 week visit. I was assuming because I had a tear during the surgery. He didn't mention it today. He just asked some questions about bathroom issues, palpitated my abdomen, went over the path report (all benign), and went over a few other things. Asked about discharge (still none), said to expect it in weeks 3 and 4, went over when to call him and so on. Asked if I needed to go back to work early (I don't). Cautioned me still no pushing, pulling, heavy lifting (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping). Also reminded me not to over do it as I feel better. I was dreading it because of the thoughts of an internal exam. Said he would have to do one when I return in four weeks to check the cuff healing and things. The cuff is my concern too. Reminded me no baths for 8 weeks and nothing in the vagina (no worries there)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register