Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancymel
this will have to quick..typing w 1 hand today i over did it and am now laying on one side in bed. to the surgeon this morning got cleared to drive in the nick o time since my 6 year old and I had n appt one hour away and had to be there in 30 min...God bless my mom but sh can't drive like you need to in Mami to get places fast (anyone from her knows what I mean).
got to the dr on timethak goodness---couldn't have my little guy start 1sr grade a wart ...
I got a suspicious mole removed and dr is pretty sure it is precancerous! /great...then went for lunch w mom who I decided should now drive at this point. so i got a margarita ...that was yummy fr a change then ran around toget the baby so DH could work late..then to grocery store to pick up meds then finally home.I am POOPED.......

You, my friend have lost your mind. You had your hyst 1 day after me, and I could only do all of that in my dreams.....Krista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Well, talked to doc about pain in left side and she wants to see me 1st thing tomorrow...hope it's nothing and I'm just paranoid. But, the last time I DIDN"T go to the Dr., look what happened
Unread 08-06-2007, 04:56 PM

Hi All!!

Just came from post op appt. Doc said the left side pain I was having was normal recovery pain.

I'm going back to work 1/2 days on wednesday. Back to full time next wednesday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 05:18 PM

Glad the pain is considered a 'normal' pain and nothing more.

Good luck with returning to work! I hope it goes smoothly for you!
Unread 08-06-2007, 06:34 PM
left sided bboboos

Yeah me too!
The nurse practitioner told me that the largest grouping of nerves are on the side and most people's uterus lays a little to the left. That and the other stuff that normally lies in that area got moved around. Therefore, it is not unusual for the pain to be centralized to the left. But....she said that if it intensifies or continues without let up to let them know. Mine only gets bad toward the end of the day or if I have moved around too long.

Somewhere on this site, we are reminded to walk some, rest often. We"only get one chance to heal right" so take it easy.

Any other time I would love that advice. So I need to throw
my stubborn pride out with my ovaries and enjoy this down time. Besides, I just about finished a pair of felted slippers. I would never had the patience to learn how to turn a heel and set a gusset, let alone what those terms even mean, if not for this recovery.

AND NO MORE VISITS FROM YOU KNOW....
Unread 08-06-2007, 06:34 PM

you are tellin me sister
Unread 08-06-2007, 07:49 PM
From Aust

[quote=barnabusa]Okay. Very cool. Panda? In Australia? This hysterectomy business gives a whole new meaning to the words "down under", huh?!

Welcome, Panda. Some others have implied a certain beverage helps them to sleep...Not sure if the Rx ibuprofen should be mixed with these beverages. ???? Hope you are recovering with lots of good care from loving people around you.

Hi Barnabusa and apologies for not responding sooner, I haven't been logging on every day. Yes I'm in Australia and have found some real comfort from this website. Its nice to know that other are experiencing similar things. I can sympathise with those who aren't leaping out of bed and sprinting off to work yet! I'm still knackered after a shower and need regular rests to 'get the weight of my pelvis!'. I learned pretty quickly that overdoing it is punished severly.

Managed to give up the meds and am happy to replace it with vin rouge - I've been sleeping through the night since and haven't had the night sweats.

Plan to do a short walk today then increase slowly - DH has me on a training plan now!! He's been great.

cheers to all
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:02 PM

I'm back from spending a few, much-needed restful days at my friend's mountain house. I was a little worried about driving on a mountain road with lots of turns and twists but Dear B/F drove so slowly that we had to keep pulling over to let people pass. I did fine and am glad I took my doctor's advice to get away for a few days. If I am going to take it easy, I guess I may as well be in a pretty place. At home I worry about the laundry, housework, shopping, cooking. This way, I had no choice BUT to veg out!
But now I'm home and I see that some of you are in pain and I want to take you all to mountains and we can sit around and look at the stars and heal in a pretty place.

Cathy
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-eduk8r
I'm back from spending a few, much-needed restful days at my friend's mountain house. I was a little worried about driving on a mountain road with lots of turns and twists but Dear B/F drove so slowly that we had to keep pulling over to let people pass. I did fine and am glad I took my doctor's advice to get away for a few days. If I am going to take it easy, I guess I may as well be in a pretty place. At home I worry about the laundry, housework, shopping, cooking. This way, I had no choice BUT to veg out!
But now I'm home and I see that some of you are in pain and I want to take you all to mountains and we can sit around and look at the stars and heal in a pretty place.

Cathy
OMG how cool would that be! I'm so tired of trying to explain to people that," YES I did just have major surgery and even though I feel better, I'm still healing!!!"
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Post Op appt

All is well, the incision is very nice as my Dr put it. I can officially drive I didn't tell her I already had hee hee. I asked her about my eyesight because it has been weird I don't if others have had that issue, anyway she gave me a silly look but she said that shouldn't be an issue from surgery. so maybe it is because I haven't worn my glasses alot since i have not been working or driving.
so no swimming boo-hoo but it makes sense why she said doesn't want any bacteria having a chance to get in the Vajayjay and get infected. So I guess I will lay in the sun at the club and just splash water on me to cool off. So sad.
Sounds like everyone is having a bit of a crazy Monday. Hope everyone is having a good evening.

take care
Stephanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register