Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hello Ladies,

Sounds like more and more of us are on the mend, and making some changes in our lives for the better as we work on our healing. Good luck with the new job Vetnurse.

Today began week two on 1/2 days. I was able to not nap today after comming home from work, I did sit on the couch and do some "computer work" for my school. I had a DD come home from school ill, with a sore throat. I hope she can get over this quick as she has a dance compatition. I am pushing the fluids on her now.

I am finding that I am waking up at around 3 am and not being able to sleep. Then I fall back asleep on the couch from 5 til about 6. I am hoping for a full night of zzzzz's tonight. I kept my ovaries but this is getting really weird. I have had some PMS need for chocolate, but this not sleeping thing is just really getting to me, It makes my brain fuzzy during the day, which is not good at work. I am not taking anything for pain. I will use my ice pack on my swelly belly at night.

Thanks for listening ladies.

KJ113 (Kay)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 07:51 PM
ugh

So Saturday night I started having chest pain but thought that maybe since we had eaten so late I was just experiencing gas or something like that so I didn't think anything of it. Sunday night after going out with my BF and walking around the mall in heals I started having really bad back pain but still really didn't think anything of this pain either. Then last night after getting up to go to the bathroom my chest and back were hurting bad enough I could barely breath so I called the consulting nurse at our local hospital where I was instructed to call 911 immediately. Once the aid car arrived they determined that it was probably just a pulled muscle but they were going to take me into the hospital just incase they were missing something. Well low and behold I have a big blood clot in my right lung and I am now stuck back in the castle for 48-72 hours. How did i get so lucky to both have my bladder knicked AND now have a blood clot?
Unread 02-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefreak
For those of you who have had to wear your cath home...I can't imagine having to go through that. What an added pain to already painful situation.
Renee- if I had to drink 10 glasses of water a day I would just have to camp out in the bathroom!

Well, having my brother here for a visit has definitely been a distraction.
The 10 glasses were fine when I had the catheter because it is on automatic pilot. NOW, I have to keep drinking and manage the retraining of my bladder. Not so easy. But I am surviving.

Sounds like your brothers visit was actually timed well. You sound like you are having fun and that is a good thing.

Sarah - I pray that there is resolution to your issue. You seem to take it in stride and I guess that helps. Keep us posted.

j*****er - I am praying for you also. Who wants to be back at the castle, but in this case - it's for the best.

Blessings on all of my sisters ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 08:06 PM

j*****er - I am so sorry that you are having the blood clot situation on top of the other problem but I am so glad that you lived to tell about it. That could have been much worse.

vetnurse- so happy that things worked out so well for you after going through all of that hassle with your ex-boss. They are going miss you very much whether they admit it or not.

kj113 - yes, the sleeplessness can really mess you up. I had to take some ibuprophen tonight so I will sleep but that means tomorrow I will be groggy all day. And I only take over the counter stuff which isn't near as strong as the Rx kind. I'm just super sensitive to meds.

sklay - my kitchen is a wreck right now because we are having a dishwasher installed and then next week another cabinet put in. Hopefully by then I will be up to cleaning it all up. I'll have to reorganize my cabinets because we had to take one out to put the dishwasher in. I don't mind the mess, though, because I am really looking forward to having a dishwasher for the first time in 8 yrs!!!!
Unread 02-20-2008, 05:01 AM

j*****er
so sorry about the blood clot... Hoe you feel better. We're all here for you.

I was at the ER last nite with my DD who broke her hand at her tumbling lesson... Yikes.. There's always something!
Unread 02-20-2008, 05:10 AM

Wow! So much news I missed in one day. Vetnurse, I was silently cheering for you from across the ocean. Good for you. I've been feeling sorry for myself being in my own business, having to go back to work way too soon since it all falls on me, but I the other side of the coin, having a boss, isn't so easy either. Nothing is worse than a bad boss to make you feel so awful. Good for you for taking back your power and having the strength to stand up for yourself! A job like that can do a number on your health anyway and now we all know how to value our good health.

J*****er, I am so sorry for you that you have to deal with this now. I had my surgery the day before yours and am surprised that things like this can still happen. Thanks for writing about it to alert us and feel better. Sounds like a good save.

Kj113. Sorry if this is a repeat. I'm not a great sleeper and I find that the thing that helps me the most is over the counter meds like Dramamine (2 at night.) No grogginess in the morning and even a safe drug for kids. Non addictive, they say.

Thanks for your kind words. My saga of the bleeding ended OK. I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said that even thought it felt exactly like the pain I had when fluid collected last time, it was not fluid collection. He saw a small wound inside the vagina which was granulation and if it's not better in 2 weeks he'll cauterize it in the office. Even though it was bright red blood, it seems not to be a big deal. (Anyone else had this?)

No sex for 3 more weeks but that's ok. Still not in the mood anyway, really. Too stressed about catching up with work that I collapse into bed at night. So much for the romantic evening for a while. DH is patient and I hope that with time and maybe less work stress I'll be more in the mood. Can't say that the doctor's postponement phased me. Wish I could say I was more excited about the big day but I'm not there yet.

But today I put on a smaller pair of jeans I hadn't worn in 10 years with a tucked in shirt! Once again DH did a double take with me out of my sweats. There's a benefit!

Nice to hear from everyone. Hang in.
Sarah
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:34 AM

I saw the doctor this morning for my 6 week check up. He said everything looks good and is healing nicely. He lifted all restrictions. YEA!
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:57 AM

Hello to all ladies,

I went for my post op check up last wk. and Dr.
said all is healing well However, I forgot to ask about weight restrictions and baths (duh) She said to go ahead with intercourse, so I am assuming that baths are ok too, just not sure about the weight restrictions. I went back to work for a full day yesterday. Felt good in the morning, BUT afternoon I started lower back pain and swelly belly and pain around belly button. I couldn't sleep last night as well
(bloated and worried about work) so I called in this morning and am staying home. (slept in TOO
much now though - hope I don't pay for it tonight, need to go to work tomorrow)
Could the ladies who have already returned to work let me know if the lower back pain is normal? I have read that swelly belly is normal, but have not really read anything about back pain. I am VERY concerned about back pain, because besides the bleeding issues, chronic back pain was one of the reasons that I had the surgery done and I don't know if what I am experiencing now is "recovery" back pain, or if my pain problem has not been solved by having the surgery. I asked the DR. and she said its "Probably" recovery pain, but could not guarantee it.
Hope to hear from someone soon regarding this.
Thanks, and as always, best wishes to all of my sisters!!
Unread 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM

Donna I had a TAH/BSO on Jan 10th I return to work full time next week I stand for up to 8 1/2 hours at my job (Woments Retail Manager) I have pushed myself this past week to be active and I noticed yesterday the stabbing pain above my belly button and each day I have experinced some pretty intense back pain. I find I need to lie down with my feet elevated and the heating pad on low. I know my doctor had said I would have back pain during the recovery. I also know that the first 4 weeks I did not do much but pamper myself, so expect some pains as I get back to normal. Hope you find the time to take that bath!!! that might help with the pain. Good luck and get rest as much as you can.
shelly
Unread 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM

Donna, I had lower back pain last night, too. I had done some real housework for the first time since the surgery (6 wks today), including vacuuming for the first time. I was supposed to go back to work cleaning houses yesterday, but am still getting over the flu, so I don't want to take my lovely germs over to someone's house.

I honestly think it's all the lying around that has affected our backs. I have had chronic back pain for over 20 years, and I find that the more I sit, the more it hurts when I get up. Now, of course, I've been sitting for 6 weeks, and it stands to reason that my back would start hurting when I finally get up and get busy. That might be what you're experiencing, too. Hopefully it will resolve itself in time.

We are in for another round of winter storms here in Southern Indiana. Seems like we just got the roads cleared and got the kids back in school, and...well, here we go again. I love this area, but sometimes I think I'd like to move somewhere warm.

Happy healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register