Not to be too graphic....but | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not to be too graphic....but Not to be too graphic....but

Unread 04-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Not to be too graphic....but

Hi Ladies,
I have debated posting this question - but we are all girls here, right?

Does anyone else experience vaginal pain during their period ? For the first day or 2 it feels like someone whacked me in the crotch with a shovel. Almost like the postpartum pain....just not as severe.
I have read alot about pelvic heaviness and pain, but I interpret that as more in the lower abdomen (maybe I'm reading it wrong).
My pain is more of a throbbing 'down there' . LOL.

Not sure if this is fibroid related or perfectly normal.
So much to learn - so little time !

Thank you all so much .

Love & Hugs,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Yes

Yes - I had very intense pain - not lots of cramps but more pain. I had a fibroid sitting right on top of the cervix and when I got my period it got very heavy and painful. Thank God those days are over so yes me too.
Suzanne
Unread 04-10-2004, 01:18 PM

I haven't had real pain but can feel a throbbing. Sometimes I get a sudden sharp pain but it goes away quickly.

While we are asking questions--does anyone else get a quivering feeling at the top of their legs. This just started a couple of months ago for me. It feels like the top of my legs are made out of jello.

Ever since my doctor discovered that I have two fibroyd tumors in my uterus (we discoverd my new little friends in early February) it seems like each month I get a new development. Since I'm due for a visit from my friend next week I can't wait to see what new thing she brings.

I'm hoping to have my uterus removed by the end of June so I'm counting on only 3 more visits!!

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2004, 02:16 PM

Michelle, I have the exact same pain you are talking about. I do believe it's caused by the fibroids.

I just had my very last visit from auntie flo and I cant wait to get rid of all my fibroids and my enlarged uterus.
Unread 04-10-2004, 03:55 PM

Hi Michelle - well how naive of me - I thought that aching dragging pain was normal - I would find it would happen on the 2nd day of my period when it was the heaviest - almost felt like someone had whacked me in the crutch with something - SOOOO glad its all over now - I am now nearly 6 months post op and let me tell you sister - this is the BEST thing I have ever done for myself - I am a totally new person - renewed spirit - no more pains and no more stains!! ha ha ha - good luck with your surgery and just keep focused on the outcome and I truly hope your recovery is as good as mine - feel free to send me a private message anytime - - love Sharon xx
Unread 04-10-2004, 04:15 PM
throbbing pain

Hi Michelle 17

I just read your post and thought I posted that question? That's exactly how I feel!! Well Aunt Flo visited a few minutes ago and I told her not to stay very long this time because it will be her last time to visit me. (HEHEHE) My day will be April 28th and I have been very scared until now since Aunt Flo came. She is a great reminder as to why I'm going through with this. The PAIN you describe hits me about the 2nd day and it's always when I'm in the little girls room. It throbs so bad that I felt like I was going to faint. (the feeling is like the throbbing you have after you give birth) My doc did a hystosonogram and found a polyp and 1 inch cyst on my ovary. My uterus is prolasped and enlarged. I don't know it thats whats causing the pain or not but something is. She gave me two options: burn the lining of my uterus or hysto. I choose the 2nd since that was the only sure cure with no return of problems in the future. She told me she thought I made a wise choice but she had to tell me my options. I feel for you and thanks to the sisters here we can get through this with their support.

Lisa
Unread 04-10-2004, 04:39 PM

I too had that horrible pain during my periods. I felt like my crotch was going to fall on the floor any momment. I didn't have fibroids but did have an enlarged uterus (adnomyosis). It felt heavy like I was trying to carry around a bowlling ball around in there. The pain was usually during the heavy bleeding days. I tried to explain it to my husband once and he thought I was nuts. But....I don't have that pain any more!!!!!
Unread 04-10-2004, 05:21 PM

Oh Michelle! roflol! I know it isn't funny, but your description was so correct it just CRACKED me up! I know I have felt exactly as you said, but thankfully I've never actaully been whacked in the crotch with a shovel, so I'm just guessing that's pretty close to what it feels like!
Puppet
Unread 04-10-2004, 05:24 PM

Still laughing here (because if we don't laugh we cry) but
seriously, I was thinking of how to describe this pain to the dr, which I never ended up doing, but "kicked in the crotch by a steel toed boot" was kina what came to mind!
puppet
Unread 04-10-2004, 07:08 PM

You guys are great !!! It is so good to know I am not crazy and I am not alone.

Suzanne , I am like you I more pain and than cramping. I'm so happy it is over for you.

Tina, My little friends were newly discovered too, and I agree totally ....each month brings a new surprise. From all of my reading here & other places it seems I have had fribroid symptoms for about 2 years I just didn't know what they were. I've never had the jell-o thing ....sorry...I am of no help.

lbeach99, If I can ask ....how big are your fibroids & uterus ? I'm just curios since we have experienced the same thing. I have an ultrasound later this month and I'm a little frightened of what they might find.

Sharon, I thought the same thing too !! As a matter of fact when my Dr. asked me if I was having any problems, I said NO. Wasn't until I started doing research that I found out this is not normal.
Thank you so much for offering your support, I'm sure I will need it in the coming months.

Lisa, LOL - I read some posts here and think the same thing " was that me ?"
Yes exactly..the after birth ache & throbbing ! Please don't be scared, we are all here for you and think of how much better you will feel when it's all over.

Ang, Yes !! A bowling ball desribes it perfectly !! I made the mistake of grocery shopping on one of 'those days' and thought I was going to cry before I finished. Definitely a bowling ball day. I'm so happy your surgery is behind you and you are doing great.

Puppet , LOL....LOL...LOL. I think I like the steel toed boot analogy !Hubby (who is a Deputy) suggested we change our description to baseball bat...would sound much more believable than shovel. LOL. Hard to picture a shovel fittin' there.Unless of course it is a garden spade. Hmmmm.

Thank you all so very much for replying. It helps so much to come here & talk. Please feel free to PM me any time.

Much Love to you all,
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register