scheduled or TAH tomorrow (7/22/08)...just took bowel prep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scheduled or TAH tomorrow (7/22/08)...just took bowel prep scheduled or TAH tomorrow (7/22/08)...just took bowel prep

Unread 07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
scheduled or TAH tomorrow (7/22/08)...just took bowel prep

Ugh! I'm just glad I decided to take it in one big gulp. It would have been a lot worse if I'd kind of sipped it first!
I have been so nervous! I only slept one hour last night and my stomach has felt like it is full of acid. I guess I'm not as much of a tough girl as I'd like to think.
Well, I'm off to pack my bag in between trips to the bathroom.
Hugs and best wishes to all,
Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2008, 02:31 PM

sorry to here that bowel prep is so ugh!!! i went to my pre-opt today and thankfully i don't have todo the bowel prep. i hope you get to feeling better. I am having a TAH on July 24th, 2008 with one of my ovaries taken out. Best of luck with your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unread 07-21-2008, 02:42 PM

Ugh I have to go pick up the bowel prep tomorrow :/ I was so hoping I didn't have to do it I'm gonna be so grouchy with no food, not to mention I know i'm gonna have a major headache by the time I go in for my surgery. bleh can't wait for it to be over and get to eat again....(I think I have an abnormal attachment to food =P lol ) Best of Luck! Hang in there =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2008, 03:10 PM

I also thought I would be grouchy without food, but you will be so nervous, that you will not feel hunger - I promise you! I am 2 weeks out from my SAH and I can tell you that the worst thing about itall is feeling tired every afternoon. Good Luck!
Unread 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM

I kind of wish I had to do a bowel prep. I so SCARED of getting "stopped up" from the surgery and pain meds. It happened with both my c-sections and it's awful. I already feel kinda stopped up. Ugh ...
Unread 07-22-2008, 12:38 PM

I was surprised how little hunger I felt. At the beginning of the day, I was allowed food so I ate fat free cottafe cheese stirred w/ low fat yogurt. Then when I started the clear liquids, I kept up drinking my homemade low salt chicken broth. I figured there was more protein in it than anything else.

I only felt a twinge of hunger.

Then I had to drink the gallon of Go-Litely. I didn't have hunger again. My surgery was at 2pm the next afternoon.

I was so happy that I only had to drink about 3/5ths of the gallon. I was told that I could stop taking it when my stools no longer had material in them. My stools were clear yellow.

I was also told that if I had a stool the following day would be OK. I did have a clear stool with about 2 tablespoons of flakes the morning of surgery. I was glad I was told that a stool in the morning would not mean that I did something wrong.

SIDE NOTE: Having to do the bowel prep helped keep my mind off the surgery.
Unread 07-22-2008, 03:09 PM

I just had my pre op and he gave me a script for fleets enema. I haven't gotten it yet, he said it is over the counter. Not looking forward to it.
Unread 07-22-2008, 04:19 PM

I'm enjoying "the last supper" right now lol which was really supposed to be lunch but i didn't fall alseep until 6 am this morning so my schedule is all messed up now. It's liquids from now until surgery on thurs and tomorrow morning I have to take have a bottle of Fleets phosphate something or other and 2 Dulcolax :/ sounds extreme, then the other half a bottle between 6-8pm. Yay? I've got my unscented aloe baby wipes and diaper cream handy as I've heard it will make things much more comfortable. Thank god the bathroom is close to my bed Hope I get some sleep tonight.
Unread 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellelon
Ugh I have to go pick up the bowel prep tomorrow :/ I was so hoping I didn't have to do it I'm gonna be so grouchy with no food, not to mention I know i'm gonna have a major headache by the time I go in for my surgery. bleh can't wait for it to be over and get to eat again....(I think I have an abnormal attachment to food =P lol ) Best of Luck! Hang in there =)

Don't forget to add your surgery date to your Profile so you will be able to post in the Post-Op threads.
Unread 07-22-2008, 07:59 PM

I just went to the store today to get my Pre-Op bowel stuff they have me taking Magnesium Citrate which according to the bottle has a "Pleasing Lemony Flavor" how come I think it won't be that pleasing (grin) ahh well.

I am scheduled for my surgery for 1:30 on Friday the 25th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register