Prolapse Op booked in two weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapse Op booked in two weeks Prolapse Op booked in two weeks

Unread 01-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Prolapse Op booked in two weeks

Hello, am brand new!

Basically I am 32 (was my birthday last week) and have a uterine prolapse but no bowel prolapse and only slight bladder. Well that what the GYN said when she looked at it around 2-3 months ago. I have to go to the toilet a lot more now and my incontinence is back. It had gone away after the births of my children. Anyway minor point since surgery is scheduled in two weeks on January 20.

I'm haing a resuspension - so it might not work in which case I';ll need to go back for a hysterectomy. Mum doesn't really get wy I don't just have a hysterectomy I think because she 'just felt so much better afterwards!" Yes, but she was about 45 and I was her youngest child and I was at least 6 because I was at school! I have pre schoolers so I sort of think that's a bit different. I don't know how it's different I am jsut sure it is,

Back to my point...I have only ever had an appendectomy before so I don't know what to expect from an operation like this. It will be a laproscopic procedure and I guess I just want to hear something from anyone about what it may be like. Any tips for surgery and the like. I am afraid I've only frequented parenting forums until now but I guess the sort of stuff I am after is those little things that you just don't know.

The GYN says the recovery period is the same length as for a hysterectomy but I am not sure if that means it's the same as for hysterectomy. All I know is that anti inflammatories are the most effective post op pain relief but I am allergic to them so I am a bit scared of that.

So I just hope I put this in the right place and all as I have no idea what I am doing at all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 09:42 AM

Hi Kezzebear

Here is a link to the prolapse section of our Resources Directory: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=browse&cid=27 where you will also find a message board with gals who are choosing non-hyst treatments for their prolapse.

I hope you find the right answers soon, and that you will have an uneventful surgery and an easy recovery. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:47 PM

Hi Kezzebear,
Exploring your options before having a hysterectomy is always a good idea. If it doesn't work, you can always have the hyst later. The good news about prolapses is that they typically sneak up on you, rather than being an emergency. You'll have time to decide what to do later if it becomes necessary.

For recovery, you're better off planning to use the full time your doctors suggested. If you recover quicker, hurray!

There are lots of options for pain relief - make sure to discuss your needs with your doctor before the surgery. Good luck with your procedure!
Ashley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register