Hey Sisters! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey Sisters!

Hello all Sisters,

I'm new to this, so I'll just introduce myself as Jazzmusicwoman. (I like jazz can you tell!). I have had abminiosis (sp!) for about 5 years with heavy bleeding and terrible pain, so my OB/GYN and I have decided it's time to do a vaginal hysterectomy.

Does anyone else know of this fun (not) desease and does anyone have advice for a first timer?

Let me know, I appreciate all the help I can get. (My pre op is 11/17 and my op is 11/28)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Hey Sisters!

good luck and i hope all goes well
Unread 10-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey Sisters!

Hello and
I had my surgery for adenomyosis, although it wasn't diagnosed until after the surgery. I went to get rid of heavy bleeding, big clots, and nasty pain. It sure worked! Actually, a hysterectomy is the only cure for adenomyosis. I also had a vaginal hysterectomy and it went quite well, text book actually. As you can tell, I'm glad I had a hysterectomy. I did do a lot of research before making my decision (the doctor did give me some options which I also researched and decided weren't for me). As it turned out, the options would not have helped anyway. And this site has been a wonderful help. I spent a LOT of time here prior to surgery.
I wish you well,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey Sisters!

I also had a TVH about 3 years ago. and it was the best thing i did alothough I wish they would have took it all then so I wouldn't have to have the second surgery I am haveing Oct.12th . But never mind that, I think it will make a world of diffrents in your life. The waiting is the hardest part and aftwards just rest rest and drink plenty of water. Good luck . We are here if you need us !!!
Unread 10-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey Sisters!

I had surgery for bladder and uterus/cervis prolapse. I wasn't diagnosed with adenomyosis until the pathology got finished dissecting my donation. Other than the dropped organs peeking out of my vagina, I had tremendous lower back ach, hip pain, leg pain, immense bloating, terrible cramping twice monthly (during ovulation and periods) and heavy clotting. Periods were very irregular... sometimes a day sometimes 10.

Best wishes ~
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey Sisters!

Thanks sisters! I appreciate all your help! I just found out today that the Nurse Practicioner wants me to go on iron pills as I found out today that I'm anemic. Do I need to alert my OBGYN? Or just take the stinky iron pills? Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register