2 Days To Go And I Am A Wreck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Days To Go And I Am A Wreck 2 Days To Go And I Am A Wreck

Unread 01-01-2007, 08:40 PM
2 Days To Go And I Am A Wreck

I cannot stop thiking about this TAH/BSO on thursday.The whole prep thing. I told my husband I want to go out for a good dinner tomorrow night since I would be eating for a few days. On my cat scan my colon was very narrow yet my colonscopy was prefect so the verdict is i must have endo on bowel. I have a 83 year old mom livimg with me and depending on me. I can't be laid up forever.I am so scarced of not waking up. I have a gyn/onc doing it but after she see's these films i picked up to take with me I think she will be calling a colon doctor to help her.I must admit my colon is quite small.We just moved into a new home on 12/8 and we are 85% done packing so at least that makes me feel better but will i live to enjoy this house?
Sorry for the long post need someone to understand how I feel. Huby doesn't get it
Thanks

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2007, 09:06 PM

I do not know about the bowel thing, but I had my TAH Dec 4. I am doing very well. The first 2 weeks were a little rough! By the end of the first you feel like doing more... DON'T Listen to the doctors. Do not lift or anything after. Rest! i do not know if you believe in God or not, but pray. I have sent a prayer up for you. I hope that it helps. Trust your doc. I hope that you have one you trust. Also, if you are a person who has trouble with the anestisia, ask to talk to one of the anestisia people ahead of time. I talked with one just before surgury, but you could call the office a day or so in advance. I also asked for medicine to help relax the nerves. IT HELPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD Luck keep us all posted!
Unread 01-01-2007, 09:45 PM

I got a book called the Essential Guide to Hysterectomy by Lauren Streicher. It's really good. I tried to find the exact page where she writes this but it's a big book and I couldn't find it quickly. Anyway, what she says is the risk of death from getting a hysterectomy is virtually non-existent. She gave a statistical percentage that was ridiculously low, if that makes you feel any better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2007, 11:28 PM

HI...sounds like we are getting our surgeries at the same time. I will have two extra surgeons at my procedure as well. Hey...3 heads must be better than one! I have my Gyn, and a sugeon for my colon, and one for the reconstruction for my tummy.

I have had many surgeries over the years. You will fall to sleep, then awaken like sleep. It's a little different than waking at home, but the recovery room nurses know how to help you wake up and make you feel calm. If you get nervous waiting for your procedure then let them know and sometimes they can give you something to help calm you down. Be sure to let them know how you are feeling...there are many things they can do to make you more comfortable (like warm blankets, have a nurse talk to you till you drift off, music, etc)

Hope this helps a little...and I a wishing a speedy recovery and pleasant hospital stay for you!
Unread 01-02-2007, 12:18 AM

The last week is always the worst on the nerves. Everyone gets a bad case of the jitters. The first two weeks will be the roughest. Healingwell gave you the right advice. Listen to your dr's and don't over do it.
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:00 AM

Thanks all for the support.I already have panic attacks and anxiety disorder so i have plenty of xanax to take.I am taking that to hosptial with me becuase I know that when I get one I cant wait 3 hours for the pill to get to me. Hosptials stink at getting you meds when you really need them. Although when I have one isn't pretty.I wish it were next week this time and i was home.
Linda
Unread 01-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Again, try to relax. I had a great hospital experience. I was on the OB floor, and the nurses were always in my room even though I was doing very well. They were very attentive. The warm blankets are great. After my TAH, I kept a warm blanket over my inscion area almost all the time. It was warm and comforting and also helped with pain. I hope all goes well, and LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTORS. DO NOT OVER DO. The nurses in the recovery room will even start the warm blankets as you are waking up if you request them too. I hope you have several nurses that will be as att4entive as you need them to be, but will also let you rest when you need to.
Unread 01-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Best of luck to you on the 4th. I go to the castle that same day. I have been a mess today. I had my pre op and I have been crying most of the day. I am also PMS'ing; which does not help. I pray that you have a smooth recovery.
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register