Nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Re: Nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheeB View Post
Hi Sophie,

I was in the same boat as you. I finally decided I needed to lose weight and get in shape, so last October my husband and I started Weight Watchers. Then in February we bought an Xbox and a Zumba game. I followed the WW plan religiously (except Thanksgiving and Christmas) and came home from work to Zumba every night. I've lost almost 50 pounds since it all started and that was my biggest concern when scheduling surgery. I was so worried that I would sit here during my recovery and gain all that weight back because I couldn't do anything. Although I'm only just over a week out from surgery, I have still managed to lose a couple pounds and have managed to follow the WW plan fairly well. I'm sad that I can't do Zumba, the doc said not for 6 weeks. But I finally resigned myself to the fact that even if I do put a few pounds back on, I have a darn good reason for doing so and once I have the "all clear" I'll just have to get rid of it again.

Don't stress over that, know that if that's what you want to do, you will do it, it'll just have to wait a couple weeks longer than you planned.

Worry about healing yourself up first, then take care of the toning up, etc. Happy healing to you and all the rest! Keep us posted on your progress.
That's very encouraging....thank you so much for the reply. Glad to hear it is all going so well for you! And I commend you for losing that much weight! I know it isn't easy. I'm not a very patient person, but guess I will have to learn that! Hope you have a great week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkstein40 View Post
Being nervous is Normal as my doc told me yesterday at my pre-op appt. She was really great answered the ?'s I could think of, my final ? do you do this surgery often, she said Yes, said it is one of the most common surgeries performed. At that moment I felt more at ease, I go in next Wednesday hopefully have a little infection hopefully won't hold anything up.
You will do fine and I will be thinking about ya.
Brenda
Hi Brenda,
Good luck with your surgery and let me know how it goes! Will be thinking about you too. I hope your infection is cleared by Wednesday. I know it's a common surgery just nervous about it being performed on me! lol I know your's will go smoothly too
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC30 View Post
I am pretty nervous myself....but I find talking to all the wonderful ladies on here is helping. All the advice is great, hearing things that I never would have thought of. But, trust mt I understand how you are feeling good luck!
This site has helped me so much too! So many great ladies sharing their stories sure does help. Having someone who understands what you're going through makes it so much easier! Good luck with your surgery too! And try not to be nervous

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register