Wonder why I am worried so much... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wonder why I am worried so much... Wonder why I am worried so much...

Unread 04-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Wonder why I am worried so much...

I have about a month left before my TVH. I have been worried about the surgery, about recovery, about how sore I will be, about house work, about EVERYTHING. I am now wondering if I am making too much out if it. My father had to have Open Heart Surgery last wednesday (5 days ago). He had to have a double bypass. By the time Friday came along, he was wanting to go home . In ICU, he was not swelled like most I have seen after this surgery is. He was talking to us like he was just on Lortabs (meds make him goofy).
He came home yesterday and you would NEVER know that he just went through this. He called me this morning and told me "let's go for a ride". I told him to be careful walking down the steps and I would walk in front of him. Not my Dad, he beat me down them.. honestly! He told us the hardest part was them taking the drain tube out of his chest (because it got stuck and it took 2 tries) and taking the tape off of his chest and it pulling his hair. Am I too worried about my Hyst.? I now feel like a baby???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 06:15 AM

Kim

You're being a normal human being here. I was also worried about the surgery, being totally prepared for it, if I could handle recovery (gas pains & all), etc,etc. It's true that "waiting is the hardest part".

I had my SX (TVH) 1 wk ago today and I'm doing just fine. I had expected soooooo much more pain than this. I didn't get the "swelly belly band", so I was carrying around a small pillow pushing it on my tummy anytime that I was up walking or even moving around. But I'm not doing that anymore. The gas pain was the worse. I am doing much better with that as of today now that I'm going pretty regular.

I now feel like a new person and that everything is going just right for me.

Hope that I have put your mind at ease somewhat. Feel free to email me anytime.

P.S. Hope that your Dad is doing well.
Unread 04-04-2006, 06:44 AM

I had a TVH almost a yr. ago. I remember very well, I was the biggest baby ever. It was all that I could think about. It normal to be so scared. Your dad sounds like a very strong guy and I'm glad things went so good for him. Just let them know once you get to the hospital how scared you really are and ask if you could get something to help your nerves. That's what I did and it helped so much. Before you know it your in recovery. Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 07:56 AM

MysticCherub,
Get the crib ready.......and make it a big one because I definately will join you and am sure there will be a few more. BTW......every time someone posts about the waiting being the hardest part.......it REALLY helps me. Thanks
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:57 AM

Hi Mystic,
Your surgery is the day before mine & I too am totally & completely obsessed with it. That's all I can think about. It's hard not to though...especially since I've had this pelvic pain almost daily now...periods lasting 3 weeks & then start all over again two weeks after that. It's a vicious cycle. I'm having TVH/BSO (unless that changes)...so worried about taking the hormones & weight gain & changing me into an irritable, cranky, nasty person. I have to go 4/19 for my pre-op testing. I already know I have to do the old enema night before suregery...YUK!!! I'm thinking of asking my doctor to put me out of work then though. I work with 5 men (who totally don't understand), I've been missing a least a day a week for about a month now because of my pain. I can't concentrate when I"m here...constantly popping into this site while I'm at work. When we're slow all I can do is think about it & read about. You're not a big baby....or maybe we just all are, but that's easy for people who aren't going through this to say, I guess.
Hang in there...we're gonna make it!
Unread 04-05-2006, 11:02 AM

I understand, I'm worried about the recovery as well. Most days though, I'm ready to just have this done. I'm tired of being in pain alll the time.

Take care! Mine is just a couple of days after yours.

I hope your dad continues to do well!
Unread 04-05-2006, 11:06 AM

I can top anybody's "baby" shakes!

I hired an attorney and WROTE MY WILL.
I cleaned my house so that when the visitors came after the funeral they would see the house was clean.
I pestered my brother for hours telling him where all the papers were - JUST IN CASE!
I had a "last meal" - steak and icecream.

I finally (and wisely) turned everything over to the Lord. My surgery went fine, my healing went fine. I enjoyed my 6 weeks off hugely. I came back to work refreshed.

Great big huggs and prayers to you all that you get the same.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register