hysterectomy scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy scheduled hysterectomy scheduled

Unread 10-06-2012, 12:14 AM
hysterectomy scheduled

Hi feeling very nervous because upcoming surgery please advise what to expect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Re: hysterectomy scheduled

Have you ever had surgery of any kind, any kids ?

Ask your Dr. about pre op, it you will have one. Ask if you will need to do a bowel prep. ask for six weeks or eight weeks off work, some people even,request the fmla which is 3 months.
All hospitals have there own procedures and process you can call yours and ask them now that you have a date.
Lots to plan for recovery.
One step at a time.
Unread 10-06-2012, 01:05 AM

Had 3 csections last one 17 years ago...have been having very heavy periods dr said i have large fibroids and just feeling nervous because
anethesia and having major surgery. Im 44 yrs and pretty sure i will be better without the heavy bleeding but still feeling nervous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2012, 09:28 AM

I to had fibroids. One vag. Delivery, one section.
I understand the worry. I had been put out a few times before.
First, tell the nurse your nervous, they automatically gave me relaxing stuff, pretty standard, also nausea prevention before being wheeled in also standard.
they don't knock you out until in o.r.. like cection they had me scoot over on the padded board they called o.r. table, was very cold in there.
Then Chit, chat, the oxygen mask, then deep breath and I woke up in recovery room with nurse saying "are you in pain", I was sitting sorta up and ok. hubby came in, I was getting major drug, as soon as she put it in my iv I was asleep. Surgery was at 7:30 in my room by 11:30 a.m. and ordered food.
couldn't eat but tried. hours later had nausea from anesthetic, but breathed through it, at crackers, drank cranberry juice, ice water, ate more crackers.
Then, was on morphine, got leg compressions off walked with cathedar and nurse around room a little then back in bed. Next day cathedar out, I had packing so that came out, then walked halls, ate good breakfast about five a.m. ordered, its an hour wait for food. Was discharged 28 hours post op.

Abdominal surgery, you maybe in three days.

I got no sleep unless drugged up because their in your room working all the time.

Their are ladies here that are nurses so feel free to keep posting questions, this is just my experience.
Best wishes!
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the best wishes....since i had a surgery scheduled for the 5 th of this month and was cancelled because i was very anemic the dr gave me more vitamins and told me if my period would starrt to let her know so she can give me something to stop the bleeding....well now im schedule for surgery on the 25th of this month and just today my period starts and my dr is not available over the weekend...any suggestions on what to do?....dont want my surgery cancelled again
Unread 10-06-2012, 01:51 PM

Anemic is rough. I was anemic, had ablation, 14 months before Hyster. Which stopped insane bleeding but intensified cramps and I had more than one fibroid which were growing, so ablation technically failed which is how I ended up with Hyster.

keep taking your vitamins, your powerless over the bleeding. Rest, rest, rest. Call Dr. on Monday. Not sure how thats gonna play out, sorry. I have heard of "Lupron" or something? Is given by docs to stop bleeding.

Post a new thread called how to stop bleeding? See what type response you get.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register