Expected to travel by plane day after LAH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Expected to travel by plane day after LAH Expected to travel by plane day after LAH

Unread 07-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Re: Expected to travel by plane day after LAH

Rena - that's a really good point. The flight is only 45 minutes, but I still think it is too soon to fly also. I think I will fail to get to a point of pain management for 2 days.

Taja-mahalo for the understanding. I am so frustrated with <my insurance company>. As it is I have to drive 3 hourrs to Kona to see a female gyno. <My insurance company> only has one guy in Hilo and he is such a jerk I would not see him again if he was the last doctor in Hawaii.
I think tomorrow I will have a Manapua for you. How you feeling these days?

Yesterday I bought 3 sets of oversized, really cute shorts and tank tops to live in after surgery for a few weeks. So glad I don't have to worry about getting back to work. The only thing is this waiting is for the birds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Re: Expected to travel by plane day after LAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilohiloheather View Post

Taja-mahalo for the understanding. I am so frustrated with <my insurance company>. As it is I have to drive 3 hourrs to Kona to see a female gyno. <My insurance company> has one guy in Hilo and he is such a jerk I would not see him again if he was the last doctor in Hawaii.
I think tomorrow I will have a Manapua for you. How you feeling these days?

Yesterday I bought 3 sets of oversized, really cute shorts and tank tops to live in after surgery for a few weeks. So glad I don't have to worry about getting back to work. The only thing is this waiting is for the birds.
It is so hard to find a good obgyn that you are comfortable with! It doesn't make sense to have no options. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Especially with an obgyn. 3 hours is crazy especially now that you may have to have more regular visits.

Manapua *sigh*. That sounds really good right now and that as saying a lot as I am still have (small kine) nausea at times. Other than that I am doing really well. I had little pain after surgery and was able to walk around the house on day 2. I just did little "laps" around the house when I already had to get up to pee It helped a lot. I am approaching week 5 and going back to work tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. I still tire a little easily, but I am ready

Good thinking to buy the new clothes. I bought some t shirt material dresses and lived in them for the first couple of weeks. Best move I made!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register