Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 18, 2015 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 18, 2015 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 18, 2015

Unread 10-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 18, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava4903 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'll make it short. My hyster. is for Oct. 23rd, 8am - 10:30am. I thought I was getting a cold but think it is terrible reflux. Another panic attack, no sleep, klonopin, etc. I'm in bed--cannot function at all!!! Dirty laundry and house & can't do a thing. Does anyone want me to pray for them while they're in surgery? If you could do the same for me I would love it! Yes, I'm very frightened, but getting cancer is so much worse!!! Prayer is what I can offer to anyone who wants it. Sincerely, Ava
I'm having surgery same time as you. Will say a prayer for all of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 18, 2015

My surgery is tomorrow for endocevical Carcinoma in Situ.
I feel fine have had normal regular periods.. I go for a pap test and Boom! 2 cones later and I still can't clear the HPV. My Uterus is healthy I've struggled with having a healthy organ removed. I'm keeping my ovaries as I haven't went through menopause (I'm 50 so I know it's around the corner) if any of you have read my other posts you will know that I have coped with Retail Therapy a Lil pampering and some new linens so everything is nice and fresh.
I plan on a vicious cleaning for my room today and then giving it a makeover
Unread 10-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 18, 2015

Hi, I'm 32 and having a LAVH on Tuesday October 20th where they'll take everything except for the ovaries. I have had problems since I was about 14. Severe long & heavy cycles not controlled by a variety of treatments, handful of fibroids, and suspected adeno. I've had my kiddos so we figured it was time to not deal with it anymore. Doctor figures I'll be in the hospital overnight and then right as rain to go home.

My concerns aren't too much about surgery. I've been through that before and even laproscopy. My worries come with recovery because I have Lupus, POTS, and Fibro/chronic pain disorder. It makes me concerned that recovery may be more of an up down roller coaster.

Here's to all good thoughts and praying for the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava4903 View Post
We're having the surgery on the 23rd. I'm 54 and have decided to have my ovaries removed because breast, ovarian, & a rare endo. cancer run in my family. I use Estrace vaginal cream for dryness, and you do receive estrogen (although a small amount in your bloodstream). You could ask your doctor about this cream because a nurse practitioner said she gives it to her breast cancer patients. Just an alternative to the estrogen patch or pills. What time are you having surgery? I'll pray for you.
Thank you for your prayers - I'll do the same for you! Surgery is 4 1/2 hours long and starts at 7:30am on Friday. Thanks for sharing what product you use, I'll check it out and review with my doctor. It's nice to know others are going through similar circumstances this week.
Unread 10-18-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz1515 View Post
Thank you ladies for the great advise and articles I appreciate it. I know walking is a great exercise, anything else you would recommend being that there is no lifting and activities are limited? Thank you again for you advise
I am a certified health coach and my nutrition recovery plan is to eat small, low calorie meals (lean protein & healthy carbs) every 3 hours to manage my blood sugar. I am really going to try to avoid sugar & high calorie foods because I' wont be exercising for a while. Best of luck!
Unread 10-18-2015, 11:02 AM

Hello,
My name is Kaila and after a year of pain, and 14 months of a period with all different treatments this is my last option. I have two kids a 3 year old and 19 month old. 2 great danes and a cat. I am however ready for this. I will have everything removed. Nice to meet ya'll
Unread 10-18-2015, 11:10 AM

Hi. My laparascopic hysterectomy is tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. I'm super nervous but trying to calm myself knowing that all my pain and achy-ness that I'm feeling right now will go away..hopefully. she is hopefully leaving the ovaries. But won't know until she gets in there..I have a lot more pain on my left side so she may at least take that one. Can't wait to be in recovery and see my hubby and my 4 blessings! I'm 34 and have been dealing with fibroids the past 4-6 yrs. I got my cycle at a very young age - just turned 10- so I kind of am excited about not bleeding anymore...25 yrs is long enough.
Unread 10-18-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allsgood View Post
Thank you for your prayers - I'll do the same for you! Surgery is 4 1/2 hours long and starts at 7:30am on Friday. Thanks for sharing what product you use, I'll check it out and review with my doctor. It's nice to know others are going through similar circumstances this week.
No problem Allsgood, I will definitely remember to prayer for you at 7:30am. Your prayer to me is greatly appreciated. The tummy tuck is an added benefit. I'm getting a scar revision so bikini will look better. No unsightly bulge where scar is. You can drink soy, eat hummus and yams which all contain estrogen, and naturally (oops, soybeans too). Food-based estrogen is best for you, as my doctor tells me. I'll be thinking of you!!! We'll help each other with positive energy.
Unread 10-18-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryDawn View Post
Hi. My laparascopic hysterectomy is tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. I'm super nervous but trying to calm myself knowing that all my pain and achy-ness that I'm feeling right now will go away..hopefully. she is hopefully leaving the ovaries. But won't know until she gets in there..I have a lot more pain on my left side so she may at least take that one. Can't wait to be in recovery and see my hubby and my 4 blessings! I'm 34 and have been dealing with fibroids the past 4-6 yrs. I got my cycle at a very young age - just turned 10- so I kind of am excited about not bleeding anymore...25 yrs is long enough.
Do you want me to pray for you? Let me know, please. I'm willing to send the white protective light to you!!!
Unread 10-18-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryDawn View Post
Would you like a positive energy prayer sent to you when your surgery starts? I won't forget!!!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register