Aunt Flows demise! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flows demise! Aunt Flows demise!

Unread 09-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Well I find it appropriate for one time in my life of cycling that my cycle is called a period (full stop, the end). It has hit with a vengeance this morning, a week early, instant cramping, back ache, diarrhea, heavy flow, cramps it's like a big finally it just couldn't go out quietly! It is a reminder of how my cycle has controlled my life for 24 years (oh my word, where did those years go?)!

I remember the complete embarrassment I felt when I started for the first time. I swiped one of my sisters bulky maxi pads/diapers (remember those days?) and went to my mothers door and and what came out of my mouth was "I got it" her reply "you got what"...."ya know"....."oh you started your period, okay well there are pads under the sink". That was one of my life lessons lol.

What a let down it was, I never was one of those gals that, Are You There God Its Me Margaret was a book to read similar to the Bible, with excitement and enthusiasm. I did not ever look forward to having a period and still don't!

So now I don't have to sit around another 10-15 years waiting for this part of womanhood to end. I know I will still be dealing with the peri-meno symptoms but for me the worst part will be over and done with for the final time in a few days!

I am thinking of a celebration and trying to be humorous about this. Perhaps a red velvet cake, maybe a bit of raspberry sauce, with tampons on the top like candles and then light those babies up? Now what to do with the panty liners and pads? Okay I really wouldn't as my husband might hurl along with three teenage boys. The idea of planning to celebrate was fun at least! Maybe if I lived in a house full of gals it could be a good laugh! So you guys are my gal friends and I am sharing my party with you, hope you can at least get a chuckle!

Bethanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

LOL!!! Cute post. I was 9 when I started my period and I was actually excited...silly me. I had my period exactly 20 years and I am so glad with all my problems I didn't have to wait for nature. The night before my surgery I got my period-I knew it was coming. But for the first time in YEARS I actually laughed when I got my period this time and I didn't mind the tampon changing trips those 12 hours...I knew it was my last. Kinda funny...I went into the hospital with my period and woke up 6 hours later without it. Shortest period ever!!!! When I was in preop and about to go back, the nurse told me to go ahead and remove the tampon and I even waved to it as it was flushing down the toilet-my husband thought I was nuts!!!!!
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Like you I am just finding it amusing! Sister I would have been right there with you waving buh buh as it took it's last swirl around the commode.

Hubby was laughing at me this morning, cuz I was happy to know it was the last one ever! Never been happy about having a period until today.

I called my mom a bit ago and told her since I shared the first with her, I would share the last. She got a kick out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Hey Bethanie,
Thanks for the laughs!!
Even in a house of girls it was hard to celebrate. My 20yr old daughter really did not appreciate me giving her my leftover box of tampons as a gift in celebration of my surgery. I didn't think of celebrating in any other way as after a full year of bleeding (only stopped for about 2 weeks after an ablation) I just wanted it over.
I didn't get much guidance with my first period which was when I was 9. My mom handed me a box of pads and said use these.
It is so nice to be pain free and period free.
Best of luck to you with your upcoming surgery.
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Okay you are probably right, other gals still having periods probably would not appreciate it so much lol.
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

I had mine for 37 years. 37 years of pain, cramps, pads, tampons, stained sheets, stained clothes, ruined vacations etc. etc. etc . SOme criminals dont get that much time in prison. Good Riddance Aunt Flow!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Yup the stained clothes. I think it will be so great not replacing underpants every three months! Or hiding sheets that have a stain on them that just will not come out. Wow the money that will be saved!
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

At least you have all of us here to celebrate with.

I wish I would have found hystersisters before my surgery.
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

You gals are a hoot. I LOVE the cake idea with lighting the "candles". HA!

Aunt flow visited me for the LAST time yesterday and like you, her last visit was with a vengance. Makes me extra excited for my sugery (LSH).

People at the grocery store must have thought I was a lunatic yesterday, because as I was searching for the smallest box of tampons I could find (I usually buy them in bulk, but this being my last time buying, I wanted to see what it felt like to buy a box of only 20....wow, much cheaper), I had this little smirk on my face. I couldn't help smiling. Just knowing this would be my last box....ah, so comforting (even with the pain ripping through my abdomen).
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Looool Twink! I toast you and celebrate the last of this with you! Want some cake?

I think I will make it through with last months stash. So I don't get to go and actually buy them ever again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register