Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 17-Nov 23,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 17-Nov 23,2008 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 17-Nov 23,2008

Unread 11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 17-Nov 23,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Nov 17-Nov 23,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.***
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

***If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns! There's information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2008, 07:30 PM

Hi Ladies,

I made it to the "post-op side". I was scheduled for TAH/BSO but my Dr. was able to do LSH and I got to keep my left tube and ovary. Had my surgery yesterday and came home today. I'm really sore(gotta love that "swelly belly") and have alot of gas pains but that's to be expected. Taking my meds, drinking LOTS of water and moving like a turtle lol. I'll update as my journey continues.
Unread 11-19-2008, 11:53 AM

I finally had my TAH and right ovary removed, I am still in the hospital, lots of pain. I have a insicion across my tummy I havn't eaten since Sunday, I had my surgery 11-18 at 11:20am, I wasnt scheduled for it till dec 5th but pain was so bad and vomiting i was hospitalized 2 times. I am having some complications, heart rate is high and I still cant go pee yet. So they said they have to put the catherter back in. I am waiting for a cardiologist to come see me, also my body was immune to the morphine that the had to put me back to sleep in the recovery room.... wish me well sisters!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Home from TVH...better than expected!

Actually got home yesterday..just 24 hours after going in!!In pre-op, the doctor said she really thought about my surgery over the weekend and really wasnt' sure we could go abdominally. I told her I trusted her. We also weren't sure we could save the ovaries.

In recovery, they told me we successfully had a TVH and kept the ovaries...awesome!! Got to my room and felt pretty good...the tubal was much more painful for me. I had asked for a picture of my uterus...lol got it developed and there is the dr. in the OR, holding it like a prized fish!! A great picture!!!

The poor lady in the room with me had pleuresy (sp?) and was really hurting -- so didn't sleep much - had more like a "girls' sleepover" and talked most of the night. In the morning, the nurse said if i'd just pass gas, i'd be able to go home. Dr. came in and i pouted..i'm not exactly a gas passer and certainly had nothing in me to help with that. She came back a couple hours later and discharged me. All in all, I feel fairly good....a little pain but not as much as expected. Sleeping lots.....but that's not all bad either.

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!! Take care of yourselves!!

Deb
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
On the post-op side

Hi Sisters,
I am on the other side now!! Had my surgery yesterday (LAVH) and all in all ,there hasn't been much pain. Not until the ride home, and even though mine was laparascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, you still need that pillow!

My surgery was scheduled for 9 but didn't even go into Pre-anthesia unit until 9:15. I noticed the clock when they wheeled me into the OR and it was 10:10 a.m. The waiting was the worst part. I couldn't sit still.

Surgery took a little longer than the doctor expected because my uterus was larger than he thought it was due to the fibroids. They took my right ovary due to cysts. I am glad I got to keep one ovary. That's all that's left!!!

The pain has been very minimal. I wanted to get up and walk around yesterday and they wouldn't let me. I had catheter in and didn't get taken out until this morning. But I am home now and trying to relax! Gas pains are just now starting, but they aren't that bad either. I am glad this is over! Thanks for all the support!
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:44 AM

Hello Sisters,

I am home, 2 days post op from my lovely TLH/BSO. I went in on Tuesday at noon, pre-op at 4pm, sx at 6pm and they gave me the boot Wednesday at 6 am!Can you believe it? Only a 12 hour stay after the sx. I wanted out, but I thought for my $600 copay, they could have at least let me stay for breakfast LOL!

Swelly belly is making my days/nights uncomfortable. I have been drinking lots of water, taking s stool softener and fleet glycerin suppositories. Nothin. We shall see what the next 24 hours has in store.

Take care.
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:25 AM

Today, second day post op. My big plans for the day is a shower! WOOHOO! No BM yet, but am taking stool softeners. No real food yet though. I had some french fries last night (McDonald's french fries always settles my stomach - and they did). i have had oatmeal this morning with a yogurt. Trying to take it easy. Having to cough isn't fun, but if you don't it will collect in your chest (pneumonia) and you don't want that. Moving is slow going, but no where near what I thought it would be. Just had an uncontrolled cough. OMG that hurt!! I wish all you the best. I am so happy this is over and happy at two days post op there aren't any bad experiences to relay! Prayers to those of you recovering and a special prayer to those waiting Its by far the worst part!
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM

Day 3 post-op and doing ok. Still having some gas pains that are a bit uncomfortable, taking Gas-X to help. Haven't been sleeping that great, I've been in my recliner because my bed is so high from the floor that I'm kinda scared of trying to get in it lol, think I'm going to attempt that this weekend(doesn't help that I'm short 5'). Still taking my pain meds(Dilaudid) and alternating with 800 mg of Ibuprofen. Taking stool softners as well, no BM yet but then again haven't eaten very much, loss of appetite. Drinking lots and lots of water, cranberry juice and apple juice. Taking laps inside my house frequently, haven't made it outside yet. All in all I feel pretty good for it only being 3 days ago that I had my hyster. Yea, I have some pain but NOTHING compared to how I felt before the surgery. I'm so glad that I had it done and relieved that everything went well.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:30 PM

Janice,
I am so glad you are doing so well. You know before I went in, I guess I zero'd in on all the bad stuff...but at least I wasn't naive as to what is going to happen. Drink hot tea for the gas too, it helps!

Speedy recover for all my hyster sisters
Unread 11-20-2008, 04:19 PM

Hello Sisters, Had my TAH/BSO on Monday. I was supposed to have just a partial/BSO. But when the doctor went in he found that I had large veins intertwined with my my ovaries, uterus and cervix. That is wear the pain from coming from. He said I had a large cyst on my left ovary. So he removed both ovaries, uterus and Cervix. I am cut from hip to hip and in a great deal of pain, thanks to being overly gassey!! I have staples to and he said he will remove them for me on Monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register