Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

We are going to Spain for the summer vacation, and I haven't been worried about the 4 hour flight for a second. Now, after I have read your post Sally, maybe I should? Hmm. Actually I've sort of decided that it wont be a problem, as I am 7 week post op by then... Hopefully I will feel much, much better by then. *optimistic*

Sally, it must be really hard to have that nausea for so long. Hope it will pass very, very soon. I cross my fingers for you! Get well soon!

It's nighttime here now, I should go to sleep, but I'm not that tired... Normally I would read a book, but my consentration is really no where to be found, these days. Oh well, just another thing that will pass, eventually.

Good night, princesses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 05:27 PM

I had a day from hell today. It started out nice, my son (12) is in a writing program at Mercer University for a week and I drove him up there, and went to the mall with my daughter. After he got out at 12 we went to Olive Garden for lunch. We went to do more shopping, and I started getting those dreaded cramps in my abdomen and bowels again! I didn't eat anything drastic, just salad and lasagne!! I barely made it to the restroom and then we rushed home, me breaking the speed limit!! I barely made it into my house and I have been in the bathroom three times now with pains and soft stools. I know! I sometimes think I am over the hump, and then this happens. Yesterday, taking my son to the engineering building at Mercer, I walked up twelve steps, and felt 'funny' where my bladder/urethra sling is....I told my daughter she would have to take him up there, as I could not do the next flight. I feel like I have had a setback for some reason. The bowel issues are really making me angry. I want my old schedule back! This is awful. I never had to run to the bathroom to have a bm when shopping unless I was sick. I always had to go pee cause of my stress incontinence problems. SIGH. I am just bummed and needed to vent. Hugs to all of you.
Unread 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM

Sorry Schnowzerz to hear you are "bummed out" - bet you didn't intend the pun!

Are you maybe eating too much fibre? Just a guess. I still get cramps once in a while and have to get to the bathroom right away - or at least I think I do because I don't want to find out what happens if I wait.

Have you had your post op yet? Definitely something to ask the dr.

Hugs back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks, Betty!

Thanks for the giggle too, I hadn't intended that pun! LOL!

I don't have my post op till July 9th! (the holiday made everything later) So, I wait!

I sure don't miss having periods or peeing my pants when I cough, but the bowel stuff is agonizing. I want my old schedule back!!
Unread 06-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Glad to make you laugh!

I have to wait until 5 1/2 weeks to have my post-op. I actually called today to see if I could move it up - I'm anxious to know everything's healing as it should be - but they couldn't move up my appt. So I wait also.

Well, let's take the good stuff (like getting out a bit, driving etc) and run with it! Hopefully the other areas will fall in line soon.
Unread 06-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Jibber/Jabber - Have fun on your vacation in Spain! Bring a pillow to sit on during the flight just in case your bottom gets tired. Use the bathroom regularly whenever the Fasten Seat Belt sign is off. If the flight attendants are receptive and courteous (you never know!), explain to them that you've recently had surgery and you'd like to keep moving if they don't mind. I'm always sympathetic when people explain to me why they're stretching in my galley! I've also been told that we should be feeling much better by 7 weeks post-op. Schnowzerz - I can't offer any advice as my problem is the opposite - constipation! Sorry! and Good Luck! Sally in Arizona 113 degrees
Unread 06-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Better day today!!! I TRIED to work today...that was a laugh. I made it 3 hours and swelled up like a balloon and then the pain set in. I went home took a pain pill and crashed until time for my appt with my PCP.. I do have some sort of vaginal infection now, she sent the samples of to the lab to see what exactly I have. I guess she saw 3 different types of bacteria under the microscope. She is a UA since I told her it still hurts to pee in the A.m and after naps....got an infection there too!!!! The peeing problem has been going on since day 1 but the surgeon said it was normal!! She did a real good pelvic 'exam....it hurt pretty bad, she checked my ovary and this is how she described it to me...Feels like a bunch of grapes" "it is knottie" I am scheduled for another ultrasound tomorrow so they can see how bad the cysts are. HaveI mentioned that I LOVE my PCP? She has an appointment Thursday with her gyn and asked me if I wanted her to take my records and results with her and see if her gyn will take my ovary out ASAP? I asked where I sign for her to do it! My PCP is AWESOME!!!! My PCP was in shot and disbelief when I gave her the run down on my past 5 weeks. She took the Dr.'s name out of their referal book, she will not refer anyone to him again. The meds. he prescribed yesterday were for a yeast infection...which I DO NOT HAVE!!!! I am so happy I came to my sences yesterday and called them. As for my swelly belly she said the amount I am swelling in NOT normal. She knows what my belly look like pre-problems, pre-surgery and she said it is too big now. She is very concerned about the swellin and the pain I am still in. I wish I had used my head sooner and gone to see her when I started having concerns right after surgery.

Lesson for the Day: Listen to your gut when it comes to your body, you are the only one who really knows it. If you have concerns go see your primary care dr for a 2nd opinion.

At least I know that there is something wrong and my REAL Dr. is goin to get me fixed up right away!

I am so happy to hear that everyone else is recovering good. I wish you all continued success on your healing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-26-2007, 07:05 PM

Walking in the store today and for no reason - sudden pain in the right side. Somewhat sensitive to the touch.

Resting now and will go to bed early. If things aren't better tomorrow I will call the doc. Just wondeirng of anyone else has experienced this.
Unread 06-26-2007, 09:38 PM

SallyAZ: Will put you in my practice. I too had the TVH and still I swell, stitches or no. Now, as to the stitches. Am I correct in assuming they are in a sensitive area? Anything in the pelvic floor region or abdominal area does so much duty for the rest of the body either area will take up at least twice the energy of say, an arm. If you are getting from 8am to 12 noon, that is the same as a full day. Congrats! Continue to get better, OK? We care.
Unread 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Go team Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnowzerz
I had a day from hell today. It started out nice, my son (12) is in a writing program at Mercer University for a week and I drove him up there, and went to the mall with my daughter. After he got out at 12 we went to Olive Garden for lunch. We went to do more shopping, and I started getting those dreaded cramps in my abdomen and bowels again! I didn't eat anything drastic, just salad and lasagne!! I barely made it to the restroom and then we rushed home, me breaking the speed limit!! I barely made it into my house and I have been in the bathroom three times now with pains and soft stools. I know! I sometimes think I am over the hump, and then this happens. Yesterday, taking my son to the engineering building at Mercer, I walked up twelve steps, and felt 'funny' where my bladder/urethra sling is....I told my daughter she would have to take him up there, as I could not do the next flight. I feel like I have had a setback for some reason. The bowel issues are really making me angry. I want my old schedule back! This is awful. I never had to run to the bathroom to have a bm when shopping unless I was sick. I always had to go pee cause of my stress incontinence problems. SIGH. I am just bummed and needed to vent. Hugs to all of you.
So glad you have the energy to do what you have to do, even if it's on a stop watch! Hugs right back at you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register